Module 1 My First Day at Senior High
P5 Listening and
fluency misunderstanding misunderstand
correction encouragement enjoyment explanation fluency misunderstanding
1. HCeoimsnp’tleCtheitnheessee, bsuent theen’sce_s__._fUl_u_s_ee_niatnsCuhitianbelsee.
2. Tfhoermfirosft eleascshonwowradsinvetrhye_b__o_x_.___ — I liked it
enjoyable P5 2
3. Mr Davies gave us a lot of ___________ — he
made us feel really good abouetnbceoiunrgagheemren. t
4. I think we all made a lot of _________ — in just
correction encouragement enjoyment explanation fluency misunderstanding
5. The most important thing at the beginning is __p__r_o_n_u_n_,cgiaettiotinng the sounds right. 6. He had an interesting attitude to _________ —
hceorsraeicdtiotndidn’t matter if we made mistakes.
7. I ___________ the teacher — I thought the class wasmfoisrupnedoeprslteoowdho already speak Spanish. 8. I was a bit disappointed — she _________ everything in English.
Answer the following questions. 1. What do you think the students are
doing? ? They’re talking about a Chinese
lesson that they both attended. ? B. They’re talking about a Chinese
lesson that one of them attended. A. C. They’re talking about different
language lessons that they attended.
2. What do you think about the lessons they attended?
A. They were both happy with their lessons.
B. They were both disappointed with their lessons.
C. One was happy but the other was disappointed.
Listen to the conversation.
Listen again and fill in the blanks. Rob=R Diane=D R: Hi, Diane!
D: Hi, Rob! How are you doing?
R: I’m fine. I’ve just been to my ____f_irst language class.
D: Oh really? ___So___h_a_v_e. I R: Really? Which language are you ________?
Dst:u_d__y_i_n_g_. Which language are you studSypianngi?sh
D: Is that right? Cool! ___H__o_w__ w__a_?s it
R: It was good. The teacher’s name is Mr.
D: Mr. Davies?
R: Yes, he isn’t Chinese, ___o_b_v__io_,ubsulyt he’s
______filnueCnhtinese. And there’s an assistant
teacher called Miss Wang. She is Chinese.
We’re going to see her _____ __ _____. onc
D: And what do you think? R: Well, learning Chinese isn’t going to be ____e—as but the first lesson was very enjyoyable — I liked it a lot. Mr. Davies gave us a lot of encouragement — he made us __f_e_e_l__r_e_a_l_ly___gaoboodut being there. The most important thing at the beginning is _p__r_o_n__u_n__c_ia__t,iognetting the sounds right — and he was very good at
correction — he said it didn’t matter if we _m__a_d_ e__m__i_s_t_a_.kIetshink we all made a lot of progress — in just an hour! D: That’s great. R: What about Spanish? Did you ____s_t_art yet? D: Yes, we did. The teacher is ___n__ic, ebut I already speak some Spanish and the rest of the class are really __b_e__g_i_n_n_.er
I misunderstood the teacher — I thought she said the class was __f_o_r__p_e__o_pwleho already speak Spanish. I’m not sure if I’m going to _____ _m__a_k__epmrougcrhess. R: Oh, I’m sure things will improve. D: Maybe — actually, I was a bit ___________ sdhiseaepxppolianitneedd everything in English. R: Oh, that’s ___ ____.
Answer these questions. Add information.
1. Is Diane studying Chinese? No, she isn’t. She’s studying Spanish.
2. Is Rob’s teacher a native speaker of Chinese? No, he isn’t, but he’s fluent in Chinese.
3. Is the assistant teacher a native speaker? Yes, she is. Her name’s Miss Wang.
4. Did the Chinese teacher encourage the students? Yes, he did. He made them feel really good.
5. Did he give the students anything to read? No, he didn’t. He said pronunciation was the most important thing at the beginning.
6. Did Diane understand the level of the class she went to? No, she didn’t. She thought it was for speakers of Spanish.
7. Was Rob disappointed with his first lesson? No, he wasn’t. He made a lot of progress.
8. Was Diane excited about her first lesson? No, she wasn’t. She was disappointed.
【写作任务】 本模块要求写一篇谈论高中学校生活的文章。 【写作内容】
请根据以下要点提示，介绍你校校报为高一学生创立 的Flying Feelings专栏(column)，并谈谈自己的感想。 1. 开设目的：指导高一新生的学习，减轻学生的学习
和生活压力； 2. 开设优势：专家的专业心理指导； 3. 专栏内容：科学的学习方法介绍；专家的建议；学
生和父母的心声； 4. 你的感想(至少2条)。 注意： 1.可适当增加细节,以使行文连贯; 2. 词数120左右。 参考词汇：专业的 professional
A: method, purpose, guidance, reduce, pressure,
advantage, psychologist, professional, besides,
cover, thought, provide, platform,
communication, suggestion, expert
B: 1. set up 设立;创立 2. mental health 心理健康
3. get along well with sth ……进展顺利
4. first of all 首先
5. what’s more 而且
6. in my opinion 以我之见 7. in a word 总之
8. not only…but also… 不但……而且……
9. in addition 此外 10. deal with 处理, 应付
11. pay attention to 注意, 重视
12. get used to sth/doing sth 习惯于(做)……
二、备用句型罗列 1. 这个专栏的目的是指导高一新生的学习， 减轻来自学习和生活的压力。
— The column is aimed at offering
guidance for Senior One students on how
to learn and reduce the pressure from
study and life. —_T_h_e__p_u_r_p_o_s_e_o_f_t_h_e_c_o_l_u_m_n__is__to__o_ff_e_r___ _g_u_id__an__ce__fo_r__S_e_n_io_r__O_n_e_S_t_u_d_e_n_t_s_o_n__h_o_w__ _to__le_a_r_n__a_n_d_r_e_d_u_c_e_t_h_e__p_re_s_s_u_r_e_f_r_o_m_____ _s_tu_d_y__a_n_d_l_i_fe_.________________________ (使用不定式短语作表语)
2. 这个栏目有一个优势：心理专家能给 我们一些专业的心理指导。
— The column has a big advantage that psychologists can give us some professional guidance. —T__h_e_c_o_l_u_m_n__h_a_s_a_b__ig_a_d_v_a_n__ta_g_e_._____ _P_s_y_c_h_o_l_o_g_is_t_s_c_a_n_g_i_v_e_u_s_s_o_m__e________ _p_r_o_f_e_ss_i_o_n_a_l_g_u_id__a_n_c_e._______________ (使用简单句)
3. 它包括学生和父母的心声以及一些科 学的学习方法。
— Besides some scientific learning
methods, it also covers the thoughts and
feelings of students and parents.
—_I_t _co_v_e_r_s_t_h_e__th_o_u_g_h__ts_a_n__d_f_e_e_li_n_g_s_o_f__ _s_t_u_d_e_n_t_s_a_n_d_p_a_r_e_n_t_s_a_s_w__e_ll_a_s__so__m_e____ _s_c_ie_n_t_i_fi_c_l_e_a_rn_i_n_g__m_e_t_h_o_d_s_. ___________ (使用as well as)
4. 我们学校不但关注我们的学习，而且 把我们的心理健康放在首位。
— Our school pays great attention to our study. It also puts our mental health first. —_O_u_r_s_c_h_o_o_l_n_o_t__o_n_ly__p_a_y_s_g_r_e_a_t ______ _a_t_te_n_t_i_o_n_t_o_o_u_r__s_tu_d_y__b_u_t_a_l_so__p_u_t_s_o_u_r_ _m__e_n_ta_l_h_e_a_l_t_h_f_ir_s_t_. _________________ (使用not only…but also…)
5. 这个栏目还为我们提供了与老师和父 母进行交流的平台。
— The column also provides a platform for us, where we can communicate with our teachers and parents. — T_h__e_c_o_lu_m__n__a_ls_o_p_r_o_v_i_d_e_s_a__p_la_t_fo_r_m___ _f_o_r_u_s__to__c_o_m_m__u_n_i_c_a_te__w_i_th__o_u_r________ _t_e_a_c_h_e_r_s_a_n_d__p_a_re_n_t_s_.________________ (使用不定式作目的状语)
6. 在这个栏目的帮助下，我们的学习进展 得很顺利，并习惯了这种新的生活方式。
— With the help of the column, we’re
getting along well with our study and have
got used to the new way of life. — _W__i_th__ the column’s _h_e_l_p__, our study
goes very well and we have got used to the
new way of life. 7. 我认为这个栏目对学生们帮助很大。 — I__th_i_n_k_t_h_i_s_c_o_lu__m_n__is_v_e_r_y__h_e_lp_f_u_l_fo__r___ _s_tu_d__en__ts_. ____________________________ (使用宾语从句)
三、 统筹安排 Outline of the text: Paragraph 1: To introduce the name and purpose of the column Paragraph 2: To state the advantages and contents of the column Paragraph 3: To talk about your feelings
四、扩充要点, 连词成句。 任务A：从文中括号内选择适当的词填入空 格； 任务B：将下列选项填入文中适当的位置。 ① we’re getting along well with our study
and we have got used to the new way of life ② it also provides a platform for us to
communicate with our teachers and parents ③ it covers the thoughts and feelings of
students and parents as well as some
scientific learning methods
Our school has set up a column called
Flying Feelings for Senior One students. The
column is_______d__es(idgenseigdned/ designing) to offer guidance on how to learn and reduce the pressure from study and life.
A big advantage of the column is _____ (that/which) psychologists can give usthsaotme professional guidance. Besides, ___________.
In my opinion, not only does our school pay great attention to our study but also it __p__u_t_s(put/puts) our mental health first. What’s more, we can get suggestions from experts to deal with our mental problems. In addition, ________②_______. In a word, with the help of the column,_______________①__.
1. Do the listening exercises in
2. Finish the writing task on Page 8.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。