1. ________ journal n. 日记；杂志 2. ________ temple n. 庙宇；寺庙
3. ________ n. 洞穴；地窖 cave
pillow n. 枕头；枕垫 4. ________
5. ________ parcel n. 小包；包裹
6. ________ attitude n. 态度; 看法 7. ________ altitude n. 海拔高度; 高处
journey n. 旅行; 旅程 8. ________ 9. ______ boil vi. (指液体)沸腾; (水)开
cycle vi. 骑自行车 10. _____
11. __________ stubborn adj. 顽固的; 固执的
12. __________ adv. 最后; 终于 finally 13. __________ schedule n. 时间表; 进度表
14. _______ bend n. 弯 vt.使弯曲 vi. 弯身
15. _______ view n. 风景; 观点 vt. 观看
advantage 1. ____________ n. 有利条件; 优点 disadvantage n. 不利条件; 不便之处 ____________
2. ___________ vi. 毕业 n. 大学毕业生 graduate ___________ graduation n. 毕业
determine v. 决心; 决定 3. ___________ determined adj. 坚决的; 有决心的 ___________ determination n. 决心 ______________
courage 4. ___________ n. 勇气; 精神
encourage v. 鼓励; 鼓舞 ___________ encouraging adj. 令人鼓舞的 ___________
rely v. 依赖; 信赖 5. _____ ________ adj. 可信赖的;可靠的 reliable ________ adv. 可靠地 reliably
(B)灵活运用 1. The results of the survey have been encouraging _____________.(encourage)
作表语, 用形容词, 表示“令人鼓舞的”。
2. He is a ___________of Beijing graduation University. (graduate) 冠词后加名词, 意为“大学毕业生”。
3. He is ___________to determined go. (determine)
因be determined to do sth.表示 “下决心做某事”。
4. Not being tall is not a serious disadvantage in life. ___________
5. The source of the information reliable is ________.(rely)
系动词后加形容词作表语, 表示 “可靠的”。
三、短语翻译 1. _____________ at midnight 在午夜
2. _____________ be fond of 喜爱；喜欢 3. _____________ care about 关心；忧虑；惦念
4. ___________________ change one’s mind 改变主意
make up one’s mind 5. _________________ 下决心; 决定 give in 6. _________ 投降; 屈服; 让步 7. _________ as usual 照常 8. __________ ever since 从那以后
9. _____________ make use of 充分利用
10. _________ insist on 坚持 11. dream _______________ about/of 梦想
put up 12. _________ 搭起, 建起
I am fond of my sister but she has one really serious shortcoming. She can be 1 ______ (real) stubborn. Although she didn’t know the best way of getting to places, she 2 _____ (should) organize insisted that she 3 ___________________ (organize) the trip properly. Now I know that the proper way is always her way. I asking (ask) her, “When are we kept 4 ________ leaving and when are we coming back?” I whether /if she had looked at a asked her 5 ___________ map yet.
Of course she hadn’t; my sister doesn’t care about details. So I told her that the source of the Mekong is in Qinghai Province. She gave me a determined look—the kind that said she would not her mind. When I told her that change 6 ____ at an altitude our journey would begin 7 ___ of more than 5,000 metres, she seemed to excited be 8 _________(excite) about it.
When I told her the air would be hard 9 to breathe _________(breathe) and it would be very cold, she said it would be an interesting experience. I know my sister well. Once she has made up her mind, nothing 10 can _____change it. Finally, I had to give in.
1. really 修饰形容词stubborn(倔强的)要用 副词。 2. the 最高级前面用the。 3. (should) organize 在表示“坚持”的insist 之后的宾语从句中，谓语动词用“(should+) 动词原形”。 4. asking 因keep doing sth.是固定搭配。 5. whether /if 由asked可知，其后引导宾语 从句的是疑问词或表示不确定的whether /if (是否)；根据句意，填whether /if。
6. her 由change one’s mind (改变主意)可 知，与主语she一致的应是her。 7. at 表示“在”海拔多高，用at an altitude of表示。 8. excited 表示“感到兴奋的”，用-ed 分词形容词作表语。 9. to breathe 在作表语或补语的形容词 后作状语，要用动词不定式。 10. can 表示“能够”。
五、语段改错 Although it was autumn, but the snow
was already beginning to fall in Tibet. Our legs were very heavy and cold that they so feel like blocks of ice. Have you ever seen felt snowmen rode bicycles? That’s how we ride/ riding what looked like!
Along the way children dressing in long
wool coats stopped to look at them. However,
the lakes shone like glass in the set sun and
looked wonderfully. Wang Wei rode in front of me as usual. She very reliable and I knew
I didn’t need to encourage her.
1. 去掉but 因为已有连词Although了，两者 不可连用。 2. very→ so 因为so…that…是固定句式。 3. feel→ felt 由上文谓语动词的时态可知， 用一般过去时描述过去的经历和感受。 4. rode→ ride /riding 由see sb. do /doing sth. 可知。 5. how→ what 因look like中的like是介词， 一定要接宾语，所以要用连接代词what引导 表语从句。
6. dressing→ dressed 因表示“某人穿着……样 的衣”是be dressed in，所以作定语修饰 children要用dressed in (=who were dressed in)。 7. them→ us 沿途穿长羊毛大衣的孩子们停下 来看“我们”，因为“我们”像雪人。 8. set→ setting 指“正在下落的”太阳，用动 词的-ing形式作定语。 9. wonderfully→ wonderful 因look作“看起来” 解是系动词，其后是表语，作表语的典型词类 是形容词。 10. 在she后加is 因主语后没有动词，而英语的 句子通常要有动词，reliable是形容词，所以要 在前面加be，系表结构作( is very reliable)谓语。
1. prefer vt. 宁愿，更喜欢(like better) 例句 I prefer walking to cycling. 我愿意 步行，不愿意骑自行车。 搭配
prefer sb. to do sth. 宁愿某人做某事 prefer (doing) A to (doing) B宁愿 (做) A 而不愿 (做) B prefer to do A rather than do B宁愿做A 而不愿做B
运用 那位勇敢的士兵宁愿死也不肯屈服。 The brave soldier ____________________ prefer dying to giving in/prefer to die rather than give in _________________________________.
2. persuade vt.说服；使相信
原句 Two years ago she bought an expensive mountain bike and then she persuaded me to buy one. 两年前她买了 一辆昂贵的山地车, 然后说服我也买了一 辆。(B1P18)
例句 I finally persuaded her to go out for a drink with me. 我最终说服了她和我出 去喝酒。
persuade sb. to do说服／劝服某人去做 persuade sb. into doing说服／劝服某人去做 persuade sb. out of doing说服／劝服某人不 做
说明 劝而不服则要用advise sb. to do sth. 或者try to persuade sb. to do sth.
运用 根据汉语意思完成英文句子。 ⑴ 我们劝服了李老师戒烟，他不再抽烟 啦! We persuaded Mr. Li to stop smoking ， __________________________________ and he never smoked at last.
⑵ 我们劝了王老师戒烟，可他不听。 We advised Mr. Wang to stop smoking/ __________________________________, We __________________________________ tried to persuade Mr. Wang to stop smoking __________but he wouldn’t.
3. graduate vi.毕业 n.大学毕业生 例句 After graduating from college，we finally got the chance to take a bike trip. 大学毕业后，我们终于有了机会骑自行 车旅行。 搭配 graduate from毕业于
运用 根据汉语意思完成英文句子。 ⑴ 她毕业于牛津大学，获得法学学士学 位。 She graduated from Oxford University ___________________________________ with a bachelor’s degree in law.
⑵ 这些大学毕业生正在找工作。 The graduates are looking for jobs.
4. schedule n.时间表；进度表 vt.为某事安排时间
例句 Now she is planning our schedule for the trip.现在她正在为我 们的旅行制订计划。
be scheduled for +时间 安排在某个时间
be scheduled to do sth. 定于/安排做某事
翻译 会议定于3月12日举行。 The meeting is scheduled for March 12th/to hold up on March 12th.
5. organize vt. 组织 例句 She insisted that she organize the trip properly. 她坚持要自己把这 次旅游安排妥当。
搭配 organize a meeting /party按排一
次会议/晚会 organize a trip /concert组织一次 旅游/音乐会 organize an activity组织一次活动
拓展 organized adj. 有组织的 organizer n. 组织者
翻译 学生会将于下个月举行一 个音乐会。 The Students’ Union is going to organize a concert next month.
6. attitude n.态度；看法 例句 She shows a very positive attitude to her work. 她工作态度非常积极。
搭配 attitude to /towards对……的看法/ 态度
翻译 他对工作的态度深深打动了我。 His attitude to/towards work moved _________________________ me deeply.
7. be fond of 喜欢；喜爱 例句 I am fond of my sister but she has one serious shortcoming. 我很喜欢 我的姐姐，但她有一个很严重的缺点。
He was fond of drawing when he _____________________ was a child.
8. as usual 像往常一样 原句 Wang Wei rode in front of me as usual.像往常一样, 王威骑在我前面。(B1 P22)
例句 He went home after work as usual. 像往常一样，他下班后回家了。 翻译 像平常一样，他迟到了。 He was late as usual.
9. give in 屈服；让步
原句 Finally, I had to give in. 最 后我只好让步了。(B1P18)
例句 Mother kept inviting Mrs. Smith to stay for lunch, and finally she gave in. 妈妈不停地邀请史密斯 夫人留下吃饭, 最后她同意了。
联想 give up 停止／放弃做某事(stop) give out 用完；用尽；分发；分布 give away 捐赠；暴露；泄露 give off 发散(气味)；发出(光) give back 交还
运用 填入一个恰当的词。 off an unpleasant ⑴ The gas gave ___ smell.
⑵ If you give ___ up smoking, you will save a lot of money every year.
away So I ⑶ His accent gave him______. knew he was from the USA.
10. care about 关心，在乎，惦念 原句 My sister doesn’t care about details.我姐姐不在乎细节。(B1P18)
例句 He doesn’t care about dress.他 不在乎穿什么衣服。
care about(=be worried／concerned about) 忧虑；担心；惦念 care for(=like，love)喜欢 take care of(=look after)照料；照顾 take care小心：提防
运用 填入一个恰当的词。 ⑴ The only thing he cares ______ about is money. ⑵ I don’t really care ____ for American movies.
⑶ Who will take care ___ of your baby when you are out in Beijing?
11. change one’s mind 改变主意 原句 She gave me a determined look — the kind that said she would not change her mind. 她给了我一个坚定的眼神—表 明她是不会改变主意的。(B1P18) 例句 From her determined look, I know nothing could change her mind.从她坚定 的眼神中我知道什么也不能够改变她的想 法。
make up one’s mind下决心；决 定(=decide) keep sth. in mind记住某事 lose one’s mind发疯；失去理智
运用 请根据句意选用上述短语填空。 has made up his mind to join ⑴ He _____________________ the army after graduation from high school. ⑵ He is very stubborn and it is not easy to_________________. change his mind
12. ever since 从……时起
例句 Ever since then, my sister has been a teacher.从那时起我姐姐就一直是个老师。 原句 Ever since middle school, my sister Wang Wei and I have dreamed about taking a great bike trip. 从读中学起, 我和 我姐姐王薇就向往骑自行车旅行。(B1P18)
提醒 ever since(=since then)可单独用 在句末, 也可接从句(从句用一般过去时, 主句用现在完成进行时)。
⑴ She left school three years ago and ___________ has worked (work) as a nurse ever since.
⑵ She has been worrying about her son ever since she ______ heard (hear) that he was injured.
1. It is+被强调部分+that／who+句子剩 余部分
原句 It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the entire Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends.是我姐姐首先想到要 沿着湄公河源头到终点进行骑自行车 旅行的。(B1P18)
例句 It was my father who taught me how to play the piano. 教我学钢琴的人是我爸爸。
说明 ⑴ 此句型用于强调句子的主语、宾语、 状语，不能强调谓语。 ⑵ 与一般时有关时it后用is，与过去时 有关时it后用was。
⑶ 无论强调什么成分都用that，强调人 时还可用who。 ⑷ 强调主语时谓语动词的数要与之一致。 ⑸ 强调not…until结构时是It is／was not until…that…。
⑴ 昨天我在街上碰见的就是他。 him that/whom I met in the It was _________________________ _________________. street yesterday
⑵ 昨天是我让他回家的。 I that/who let him go home It was _____________________________ yesterday ________________.
(3) 昨晚妈妈直到深夜才睡觉。 It was far into the night that my mother went to bed./It was not until far into the night that my mother went to bed.
2. insist that…sb. (should) do… 坚持……
原句 Although she didn’t know the
best way of getting to places, she insisted that she organize the trip properly.尽管她对去某些地方的最佳路
线并不清楚, 她还是坚持要把这次行程安 排得尽善尽美。(B1P18)
例句 Though the little boy is young， he insisted that he wash his clothes by himself.这个孩子虽然小，但他坚持自 己洗衣服。
说明 insist 表示“坚持要某人做某 事”时，宾语从句要用“(should+) 动词原形”。但表示“坚持认为/ 说”时，宾语从句的谓语用陈述语 气。
仿写 根据汉语意思完成英文句子。 ⑴ 我坚持要他学习弹钢琴而不要弹吉他。 (should) learn to play I insisted that he ____________ the piano instead of guitar. ⑵ 她坚持认为他错了。 She insisted that he was wrong.
3. sth. + be+ adj. +to do ……很难/易／ 适合做…… 原句 When I told her the air would be hard to breathe and it would be very cold, she said it would be an interesting experience.当我告诉她那儿空气稀薄, 呼 吸困难, 而且天气很冷时, 她却说那将是 一次有趣的体验。(B1P18)
例句 The problem is difficult to solve. 这 个问题很难解决。
说明 此句型中，不定式与主语是动宾关 系，但不定式却用主动形式表被动意义。
仿写 根据汉语意思完成下列句子。 ⑴ 这篇短文很容易懂。 This passage is easy to understand.
⑵ 这位同学很难相处。 This classmate is difficult to get along with.
4. can’t／can hardly wait to do sth. 迫不 及待地做某事 例句 We can hardly wait to see them. 我 们迫不及待地想见到他们。 翻译 我们迫不及待地想知道这次考试的 成绩。 We can’t wait to know the results of the exam.
5. find oneself …发觉自己(处于某 种状态)
例句 At one point we were so high that we found ourselves cycling through clouds. 在某个时候，我们 发现自己身置高处，仿佛骑车穿越 云层。
翻译 我受伤非常严重，当我醒过来 时，我发现自己躺在了医院里。 I was injured so badly that I found myself lying in hospital when I woke up.
原句 It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the entire Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends. 首先想到 要沿湄公河从源头到终点骑车旅 游的是我的姐姐。
分析 句中It was…who…是强调结构，强 调主语my sister。句中的to cycle along… 后置定语 ，修饰the ends是不定式短语作_________ idea。where it begins和where it ends中的 where (= the place at which在……的地方) 引导的从句表示地点，分别意为“它开始 的地方”“它结束的地方”，分别是作介 宾 词from和to的 _____语。
Thank You !
copyright ©right 2010-2020。