四川省邻水实验学校高 2013 级英语备课组
A 1.●abandon v. 放弃，遗弃，抛弃 abandon the baby/ child/ friend abandon the plan/ idea/ effort/ hope abandon oneself to 陷入，沉湎于 2. ◎ability n. 能力； 才能 to the best of one’s ability 竭尽全力 反义词：normal 4. ◎aboard prep. adv.在船（飞机，火车）上，上船(飞机，轮船) all the people aboard 机上的人 5. about prep 关于，ad 大约，到处 I was about to go out when it began to rain. c) How/What about…询问情况或建议 above all 首先;尤其 a) go /study /live abroad a) be about to do sth…(when) b) look about/around/round 6 . above prep 在…上面 7. abroad ad.到(在)国外 8. ●absence n. 不在，缺席 absence from work/ school in the absence of 在缺少…条件下 9. ◎absent adj. 缺席的， 不在的 The decision was made in my absence. The case was dismissed in the absence of proof. be absent from absent-minded adj. 心不在焉的 He abandoned himself to despair. the ability to walk 行走的能力 He completed the job to the best of his ability. They thought his behavior was abnormal.
We students have access to the school library. accessible adj. 可进入的，可接近的，可使用的 Such information is not easily accessible to the public. 14. accident n.事故，意外的事 by accident/chance 偶然，无意中；不小心 15. ●accompany v. 陪伴，伴随，伴奏 accompany sb. to the school/ supermarket accompany the singer on / at the piano Lightening usually accompanies thunder. 16. ●accomplish v. 完成，到达，实现 accomplish the task/ purpose/ goal 17. according to 根据 According to the law, he should be sentenced to death. accuse sb of (doing ) sth 控告… 18. ◎accuse vt. 指控，指责 accomplishment n. 成就，成绩
19.● accustomed adj. 习惯的，适应的，惯常的 be/ get/ become accustomed to doing He was soon accustomed to getting up early. 20. ache vi./n headache / toothache achieve success/victory/one’s goal; 22.◎achievement n. 成就，业绩；完成（任务等） make great achievements 23.●acknowledge v. 承认，致谢 It is generally acknowledged that global warming is caused by greenhouse gases. Yaoming is acknowledged as/ to be the best player in China. I acknowledged financial support from the local government. 24. across prep cross a street; come/run across 碰到 25. act n.法令，条例 vt.表演，扮演，行动，做事 act out 把…表演出来 take action to do sth outdoor activities 户外运动 put sth into action 把…付诸实施 take an active part in /be active in 积极参加 act as 充当；扮演 26. action n. 行动 28.◎activity
高二英语第 1 页 共 46 页
My back aches so much. n 成就
b) at home and abroad 在国内外
21. achieve vt 达到；取得 achievement
10. ◎absorb vt. 1) 吸收，吸进（液体，气体等） 2) 理解，掌握 absorb ink/ water/ neat/ light/ oxygen/ sound/ energy absorb information/ knowledge 11.●abuse v / n. 滥用，谩骂 12. accept vt.接受 accept the gift /invitation /plan 13.●access n.方法，通路，机会 The only access to the farm was a narrow bridge. Only high officials have access to the emperor. accept sb/sth as… 接受...是 be absorbed in 专注于，聚精会神于… abuse alcohol/ drugs 酗酒 /嗜毒
I walked across the street.;
abuse power/ position/ privilege 滥用权力/职权/特权
27. active adj. 积极的;主动的 n. 活动
adv. vt. 使适应
in (actual) fact
2）登广告征求/寻找… advertise for a new sales manager 40. advice n/u. advise vt. 忠告,劝告,建议 take/follow/ accept one’s advice 接受某人的建议 ask sb for advice 向某人寻求建议 give sb some advice on sth advise sb (not) to do; 41. ●affect advise doing; advise that …(should)+do Our teacher advised that we should study hard. vt. 影响, 深深打动，使悲伤等 Smoking affects health. People were deeply affected by the death of Jin Zhengri. 42. afford vt. 负担得起,抽得出(时间); 提供 can/could/be able to afford sth/to do sth I can’t afford a book/to buy the book be afraid of doing 害怕… 43. afraid a. 害怕的；担心 be afraid to do 因为害怕不敢做…; She was afraid to go out alone at night. 44. against She was afraid of waking him up. 反对 a piece of advice 一条建议
30●adapt vi. 适应，适合，改编 adaptation n. 适应
adapt to change /the city life
adapt oneself to the new surroundings 31. add vt 添加，增加，补充说（that） add(…)to 添加
adapt the novel for a film
add up 把…加在一起 add up to 总计为; 总数为 b) He added that he would come again. d) These numbers add up to 100.
a) His illness added to our trouble. c) Please add these figures up. e) He added some salt to the water. 32. address
address the letter to sb. 给某人寄信 The letter was wrongly addressed. The president addressed the public. 33.●adjust vt. 调整，调节，适应 adjust to the dark/ the single life adjustment n. 调整，调节 I admire John for his courage. admit doing/having done admit sb to /into→sb be admitted to 34. admire v 钦佩.;羡慕 admire sb for sth 35. admit vt （admitted ,admitted） adjust your speed /the volume/ the camera adjust yourself to the student life
prep 对着，反对, 靠着，迎着，衬着 The pine tree were black against the morning sky. for ages 多年; After his wife’s death he aged quickly. ① agree with sb / what you say/your opinion.
stand against the wall (靠墙站着) go against nature; be against sth They are strongly against the plan. 45. age n.年龄；时代 vi. 变老 at an early age; at the age of … ; of the same age=of an age 46. agree vi. 同意；应允 1）agree with ②表示一致;“ (食物、天气、工作等)对…适宜”： The weather does not agree with me. 这种天气对我不适宜。 A verb must agree with its subject in person and number. What he does does not agree with what he says. 他言行不一致。 2）agree to the plan/ the arrangement/ the suggestion .
1) 承认 admit one’s mistakes; 2) 准许（入场，入学，入会） 36.●adopt v. 收养，采用，采纳 adopt a child
He admitted having stolen the money. He has been admitted to Beijing University. the adopted son/ daughter adj. advanced 先进的/ 高级的 an advanced worker have an advantage over 优于…
adopt a new policy/ a suggestion/ a plan/ an attitude 37. advance vi 推进，促进；前进 in advance 预先，事先 take advantage of 利用
38. advantage n. 优点，好处(可数名词) 反：disadvantage to sb’s advantage 对（某人）有利 39. ◎advertise vt. 为…做广告 1）为…做广告 advertise a product / things
3）agree on /upon 主要指双/多方通过协商而取得一致意见或达成协议： We agreed on the price. 我们就价格达成了一致意见。 Both sides agreed on these terms. 双方都同意这些条件。 4) agree to do sth
高二英语第 2 页 共 46 页
He agreed to go with us. 他同意同我们去。
5) reach/arrive at/come to an agreement 48.◎aid n. 援助；救护；辅助工具 first aid 急救 by ( the) aid of 借助于，通过…的帮助 v. 帮助，促进 49. aim at
6) I can’t/couldn’t agree more.
It’s ____ how often you see drivers using mobile phones. 57. ◎ amount n. 数额（尤指数量，大小等） a large amount of +u/n large amounts of +u/n v. （数量，意义等） 等同，相当于 amount to 1) （数量上）达到，总计 Time lost through illness amounts to 1,357 working days.因疾病而损失的时间总共为 2）等于，意味着 Ultimately, their ideas amount to the same thing. 58. ● amuse vt. 使快乐， 逗乐 amuse sb. 使…高兴 the kids. be amused by/at/ with 被…逗乐 59. ◎amusement n. 1) 娱乐,乐趣 amuse oneself 自娱自乐 amusement n. to one’s amusement to one’s amusement 让某人发笑 The boys amused themselves by drawing. 归根结底，他们想的都是一回事。 The funny drawings amused
47. ahead ad. 在前，向前 ahead of time 提前 go ahead 前进，干吧，说吧 in aid of 支持 come/ go to one’s aid 帮助某人 aid (sb/ sth) in/ with ( doing) sth 帮助某人做…
① 瞄准,对准 He aimed the gun at the enemy officer. ② (向某方面)努力 She's aiming at ( trying to win) a scholarship. ③ 针对某人 My words were not aimed at you. 50.◎alike adj. 相像，十分相似 We are alike in many ways. adv. 相似的，相同的 They tried to treat their children alike. 51. alive a. 活着的，存在的 The lake was alive with fish. allow for 把 考虑进去 53. almost catch …alive 活捉 keep…alive be alive with= be full of Who is the greatest man alive.(后置定语) Has everything been allowed for in your plan? There was almost no snow that winter.
They were dancing and singing in the car, much to the amusement of passers-by. 他们在车里跳舞，唱歌，让路人感到十分有趣。 2) 娱乐活动，消遣活动 amusements amuse vt. amuse sb/ oneself 使开心，逗笑 amused / amusing adj. an amused smile / look/ expression 愉快的微笑/ 神情/ 表情 an amusing story/ film 有趣的，好笑的，逗人发笑的故事/ 电影 60. angry adj 生气的，愤怒的 (angrily /angrier ) be angry at (about) 因为…而生气 be angry with sb 生某人的气 61. announce vt. 宣布，宣告，公布 announce a decision / plan/ intention announce that announce sth to sb
52. allow v 准许，允许 allow doing/ sb to do adv 几乎，差不多
Almost no one/nobody came to the party. 54. alone adj/adv 单独的 孤独的
1) 形容词 She is alone at home. （她独自一人在家。） 2) 副词 I like to work alone. （我喜欢独自一人工作。） 3) “只有，仅仅”， The shoes alone cost $200. ※ let /leave sb /sth alone 别打扰 let alone 更不用说 ? lonely 1) 定语， “孤单的，无伴侣的，无人烟的，荒凉的，偏僻的” 2) 表语， “孤寂的， 寂寞的” feel lonely 55. aloud ad.大声地 read aloud/ think aloud 56. ◎amaze vt. 使惊奇，惊叹；震惊 What amazes me is how long she managed to hide it from us. It amazed me that he could be so calm at such a time. amazed adj. 惊奇的，惊讶的 amazing adj.令人惊奇的，惊叹的；震惊的 I’ m ___ that you have never heard of the Rolling Stones. a lonely man / island. ※ He lives alone but he doesn’t feel lonely.
At the end of the meeting , it was announced that an agreement had been reached. make an announcement 62.◎announcement n. 通告，通知 63.◎annoy vt. （使）烦恼 be annoyed with sb.for (at) sth. annoying adj. 讨厌的，令人烦恼的 What annoyed him most was that he had received no apology. annoyed adj. 略感烦恼（生气）的 It’s _____that we didn’t know about this before.令人恼火的事，我们事先并不知道这一切 Mr Davies was ____that the books were missing.戴维斯先生生气了，因为那些书不见了。
高二英语第 3 页 共 46 页
64. answer n. the answer to the question answer for 对… 负责 65. ◎anxiety n. 忧虑，焦急，担心
v. answer a question/the door/the phone ；
1). v. 接近；靠近；走进 The winter vacation is approaching.
You will have to answer for your wrong doing one day.
As they approached the wood, a rabbit ran out of the trees. I find him difficult to approach. 2). n. 接近；方法；途径；通路 He decided to adopt a different approach and teach the Bible through story-telling. His approach to the problem are wrong. All the approach to the palace were guarded by troops. 77. ●approve vi. 赞成 vt. 同意，批准 approve of one’s idea He doesn’t approve of my leaving this year. approve of 赞成，同意
anxious adj. 焦虑的，不安的；担心的 be anxious about sth for sb 渴望的，急切的 be anxious to do sth 67. ◎apologize n. 道歉，歉意 apology n. make an apology/ apologies to sb for sth 68. ●appeal v. n. 吸引，呼吁，恳求 The design has appealed to people of all ages. I appeal to you to protect the environment. have/ hold appeal for sb. 对某人有吸引力 69. appear 1) vi. 出现，露面 2) 系动词 似乎，好像 It appears (to sb) that /as if It appears to me that he will win It appears that all the files have been deleted.档案好像都已经被删除了。 Police say there appear to be signs of a break-in.警方称似乎有破门而入的迹象。 70. ◎appearance n. 出现，露面；容貌 71.◎application 72. apply v. 申请 n.申请 judge by appearances 以貌取人 make an application for apply oneself to 致力于，集中精力做某事 lose one’s appeal 失去吸引力 The man suddenly ______ from behind the tree scared me. appear+ (to be) + n/adj 似乎 He appeared to be happy in the news. apologise to sb for sth
approve the plan/ proposal 通过计划/ 提议 approval n. 批准；认可；赞成 79. argue vi. 争辩，争论 n. argument 1) argue for /against 赞成/反对 2) argue sb into/out of doing sth 说服某人做/不做某事 3) argue with sb about sth 与某人争论某事 80. ◎arise arose arisen vi. 81.◎argument n. 1) 出现， 发生， 产生 A new crisis has arisen. 新危机出现。 have an argument with sb about / over sth argue v. 2）起床，起身，起立 He arose at dawn. 他黎明即起。 1)争论，辩论 2) 论点，论据 a powerful argument against smoking argue with sb about / over sth 82. arm n. 手臂,支架 武器（复） vt. 以…装备,武装起来 arm in arm arm…with… 手挽手 take up arms 拿起武器
apply for 申请；请求，接洽
apply sth to …运用，应用
73. ●appoint vt. 任命，委派，安排，确定 1) 任命，委派 A committee was appointed to consider the plan. 一个委员会被指定去研 究这些计划。 2). 约定，确定 74. appointment n. his appointment as president 他担任总统的任命 appreciate your concern 感谢关照 He was appointed as chairman. Everyone got there at the appointed time.
Armed with the new equipment, the explorers entered the cave. be armed to the teeth 全副武装 83. around 在周围; 在附近; 大约 around the corner 在拐角处，即将到来 84.◎arrange vt. 安排，布置 arrange an appointment 安排预约 Have you arranged to meet Mark this weekend? We had arranged that I would go for the weekend.我们商量好了，这个周末我去。 He arrived as arranged. 他如约而至。
高二英语第 4 页 共 46 页
In the evening he made his way to the appointed meeting place. make an appointment 约定、会 75. ◎appreciate vt. 欣赏；感激 appreciate doing sth appreciate your abilities/ fine works of art I’d appreciate it if you let me get on with my job.
around the clock
The company will arrange for a taxi to meet you at the airport. Dave arranged for someone to drive him home. arrangement 85.◎arrest 86. arrive v 87. article 89. asleep n. n. 安排，布置 make arrangements for… vt. 逮捕，拘捕 arrival He got arrested for careless driving. arrive at/in an article of clothing 一件衣服 fall asleep 入睡
n. make an attempt to do /at doing 试图做某事 96. attend v. 看护，照料，服侍；出席，参加 attend a meeting/ school/ church/ the concert attend to sth 处理，注意 attend to sb 看护 97. attention n. 注意，关心 pay ( much/no/little) attention to fix one’s attention/mind/eyes on； 98. attract v. 吸引，引起 99. available Like attracts like 物以类聚 on (the)average 按平均
I have a few other things to attend to.
put / place sb under arrest 逮捕某人 n. 到来；达到
attend to a baby draw one’s attention to attract one’s attention
Guests receive dinner on/upon their arrival n. 文章；东西；物品；冠词 adj 睡着的，熟睡 (表语形容词) 88. ashamed adj 惭愧，害臊 He seems to be fast asleep. 90. ●assist v. 帮助，协助 assist sb. in dong /with sth. we’ll assist you in finding a place to live. She employed a woman to assist her with the housework. assistance n. technical/ military assistance 技术/军事援助 It is assumed that…普遍认为 assuming （that）… 假设，假如 91. ●assume v. 假定，假设
100. average adj 平均的；普通的 n. 平均数 101. avoid
vt. 避免；避开，躲避；消除 避免做某事；逃避…
I was just an average sort of student. 我只是一个普通学生。 avoid doing
102. awake vi. 觉醒，意识到；醒来；被唤起
vt. 唤醒；使觉醒；激起，唤起 adj. 醒着的
(awoke/ awoken) be wide awake
I had assumed him to be a teacher. 我本以为他是老师。 He assumed an air of concern. 他装出关心的样子。 assumption n. 假定；设想；担任；采取 92. ashamed
Is he awake or asleep?
awake to sth 意识到 醒悟到 It took her some time to awake to the dangers of her situation. 103. award vt. 授予；判定
award sb. sth. n. 奖品；判决 award sth. to sb.
a) be ashamed of 以为是耻辱
b) be ashamed of oneself for 为…而害羞 ※ ashamed & shameful
c) feel ashamed for sb 替某人感到羞愧
ashamed 指事物使人感到羞耻、惭愧、害臊； shameful 指事物或本身可耻不道德。 He is ashamed of his shameful conduct. 93. astonish v 使惊讶 astonished /astonishing be/look astonished at 对…感到大吃一惊
n. 意识，认识；明白，知道 keep away from 保持距离； far away 在远处 give away 泄露，赠送
be aware of 意识到， 知道，明白， 觉察 105. away adv 离开；远离 right away 立刻，马上；
an astonished look
awfully 可怕地；十分；非常；很 awfulness 威严；虔敬；可怕 n. 敬畏 stand in awe of 敬畏
attach …to 把...附/贴/系在...上 95. attempt v. 试图，尝试 attempt to do attempt sth He was charged with attempting to kill his wife. The plane crashed while attempting an emergency landing.
awe vt. 使敬畏；使畏怯
B 1. back adv.回（原处）;向后 adj.后面的 n. 背后，后部；背 back to back 背靠背 back and forth 来回，往返；
高二英语第 5 页 共 46 页
behind one’s back 背后； put back 放回去； 2. ◎backward adv. 3. baggage n.行李 4. ◎balance
look back 回顾 turn one’s back on 避开，不理睬 backward and forward 来来回回
10. bath n.洗澡;浴室;澡盆; have/take a bath bathe v. 洗澡,游泳 be bathed in …沉浸在,沐浴着（光线） 11. bear (bore, born/borne) v. 1）承受 (重量) The ice is too thin to bear your weight. 2) 负担, 承担 bear the cost/ burden/responsibility 3）忍受;容忍 （常用于疑问句、否定句，与 can, could 连用） 4) bear…in mind 记住 12. beat v (beat ,beaten) 连续有节奏的敲击 Waves are beating the shore. ※ beat & hit &strike & knock 13. before It will be +段时间+before+ do/does…要过多久才… beg—begged—begged—begging It was +段时间+before+ did…没过多久就… 14. beg 乞求，请求 beg sb. to do 请求、乞求某人做某事 I beg your pardon. 对不起、请原谅（降调） 请再讲一遍（降调） 15. begin—began—begun—beginning begin with=start with 以…开始 My heart is beating faster than usual. 击败: He beat me in the game. bear to do/doing bathroom n.浴室
bend /lean over backward to do 竭尽全力去做… a piece of/an article of baggage 1) n. ① 平衡 keep a balance (between A and B) lose one’s balance disturb the balance of one’s mind ② 余额 (常用单数） check your bank balance ③ 欠款（常用单数）The balance of 500 yuan must be paid within 90 days. 短语 be/ hang in the balance 不明朗的，未定的， 悬而未决的 catch / throw sb. off balance 使…失去平衡； 使…不知所措 on balance 总的来说 2）v．①保持平衡 ~（sth）on sth He balanced the cup on her knee. ②同等重视 balance A with/ and B balance home life with career ③比较权衡 balance A against B balanced adj. be on a balanced diet a ban on smoking 禁烟令 ban sb. from sth./ doing 禁止某人做 a bar of chocolate / soap 5. ●ban n.禁令 v. 禁止，取缔 place… under ban 对…加以禁止 6. ◎bar 1) n. 条，块, 障碍 balance the cost against its benefit balance on one leg
to begin with=to start with (插入语)首先、第一 I don’t like living here. To begin with, the room is far too small. 16. beginning n.开始，开端 at the beginning of… in the beginning= at first 17. ◎behave v. 表现 He behaved as if nothing had happened. well / badly behaved children good/ bad behavior leave sb./sth. behind 遗落、忘带
behave badly/well/like a true gentleman behave oneself 表现得体，有礼貌 18. ◎ behavior n. 不可数 19. behind 20. ◎belief be on your best behavior 尽量表现得体 drop/ fall behind 落后 n. （不可数） 1）相信，信心 belief in He acted in the belief that he was doing good.
Being a woman was a bar to promotion. 2) vt. 封堵 7. bargain All the doors and windows were barred. bar players from drinking 阻止 bar sb. from ...
Those shoes are a real bargain at such a low price.v. 讨价还价 bargain with sb about /over sth 8. base n. 根据地，基地 2) v.以...为基地, 把基地设在 His book is based on a true story. 1) base sth on/upon sth 以…为基础 be based in 以...为基地,把基地设在 The toy company is based in Guangzhou. basic adj 基本的 basic knowledge/skills basically adv. 9. ◎basis (复数 bases ) 1）基础，要素 form the basis of… 2) 基准，原则 3) 原因，缘由 on a regular /permanent basis 以定期的/永久的方式 on the basis of…
I admire his belief in what he is doing. 2) 看法，信念 （不可数） There is a general belief that things will soon get better. 3) 信仰 （可数 beliefs） religious/ political beliefs 短语 beyond belief 难以置信 21. believe 22. belong to the best of one’s belief 尽其所知 believe it or not (插入语)信不信由你 It is believed that he is a good teacher. =He is believed to be a good teacher. belong to 属于（无被动） The house belonging to her is under repair. 23. bend v. 弯曲、弯腰、伏案 bend—bent—bent She was bent over her desk writing a letter. 她正伏案写信。 24. ◎benefit 1) n. 优势，益处（不可数）She didn’t get much benefit from her staying abroad.
高二英语第 6 页 共 46 页
Some videos were banned on the basis of violence.
短语: be of benefit to...=be beneficial to ... 2） vt./ vi. beneficial 25. best benefit sb./ sth
to one’s benefit
It’s not worth bothering with an umbrella. ② bother to do ③ bother doing He didn’t even bother to let me know he was coming. Why bother asking if you are not really interested?
for one’s benefit = for the benefit of sb. 为了帮助.../为了某人的利益 benefit from/ by... make the best of…尽量利用 adj. 有益的，有用的 be beneficial to ...
2) 给...造成麻烦，痛苦 使...烦恼，担忧 ① bother sb with/ about... I don’t want to bother her with my problems. ---I’m sorry he was rude to you. --- It doesn’t bother me. ② bother sb. that... ③ bother sb. to do... 3) 打扰 插话 Does it bother you that she earns more than you? It bothers me to think of her alone at home. Sorry to bother you, but... ---Thanks for your help. --- it was no bother.
do/ try one’s best to do 尽全力做
all the best （书信结语）一切顺利、万事如意 26. better adv. 更好的；更多的；较大程度地
vt. 改善；胜过 vi. 变得较好 adj. 较好的
had better do…最好做… 否定：had better not do be better worth reading 更值得读 27. beyond 超出、超过 beyond one’s power 超出能力范围 be better known 更著名的 beyond my wildest dreams 做梦也没想到 bid for sth. beyond one’s imagination/description 难以想象/描述
be bothered about sb./ sth 认为...重要 关心... I’m not bothered about what he thinks. n. 麻烦 困难（不可数） put sb. to bother 40. bottom
get sb. /oneself into bother 给某人添麻烦
28. ●bid –bid- bid- bidding v. 出价，投标 n 投标
n. 底部；末端；臀部；尽头 vt. 装底；测量深浅；查明真相
I bid 2000 dollars for the painting. 我出价 20000 美元买这幅画。 The highest bid for the picture was 20000. 这幅画的最高出价是两万 29. birth n.出生、诞生 31. bit at birth 出生时 give birth to 生下、孕育了 He can speak a bit of French. 30. biscuit 饼干 c/n some chocolate biscuits 1) a bit of+不可数 n.= a little +不可数 n. 2) a bit/a little +比较级 3) not a bit=not at all 一点儿也不、毫不 32. blame 1）be to blame 应该受到责备（主动表被动） 2) blame sb. for doing→sb. be blamed for … 33.◎ blank 1) n. 空白处，空格 fill in the blanks (记忆中的)空白,遗忘 My mind was a blank and I couldn’t remember her name. 2) adj. 空白的，无装饰的，无图画的 a blank form/ wall 不理解的，没表情的,空虚的 35. blow v. (blew blown) 吹、刮 n. 打击 36. board n. 木板、布告牌 board a train 上火车 37. book c/n 39. ◎ bother 书 vt./vi. v. 预定（车、船）票 book a room/ ticket boring adj. a boring job /book/man 38. ◎ bored adj. be bored with... / to death. ① bother with/ about sth a blank expression blow down 吹倒 Suddenly my mind went blank. blow up 爆炸、炸毁 34. be blind to 对…视而不见、熟视无睹 =turn a blind eye to give sb. a blow 给某人打击 v. 登上 on board 在船（车、飞机） a bit more slowly
at the bottom of… from the bottom of one’s heart 41. break—broke –broken break out （战争、火灾、疾病等）爆发 break down （车、机器等）坏掉、出故障；分解； （身体）垮掉； break in 42. breath n. 打断；闯入 hold one’s breath
breathe in 吸入
break up 破碎； （关系）破裂 take a deep breath
breathe out 呼出
break away from 摆脱、脱离 out of breath
bring ...up 抚养
bring down 降低, 打倒
bring about 引起；使掉头 bring in 引进；生产；增加 44. broken adj. speak in broken English a broken marriage 45. ◎ budget vt. n. within / over budget 在 预 算 内 / 超 出 预 算 on a (tight) budget 缺少钱 拮据 ~ sth for ... 将...编入预算 ~$1,000,000 for education spending build up 增进、增强 burn down 烧毁 get burnt 被晒伤 vi. ~ for 存钱 编预算 46. build—built—built v. 建筑；建造 ~ for a holiday abroad
47. burn—burned—burned/--burnt—burnt 燃烧；晒黑、伤 burn…to the ground= completely destroyed 夷为平地 a burning candle 燃烧的蜡烛 48. burst v. 突然发生 burst—burst—burst burst out laughing/ crying = burst into laughter/ tears
1) 花费时间精力做某事（常用于否定句，疑问句中） ---Shall I wait? ---No, don’t bother.
突然大笑起来/痛哭起来 = be buried in…
49. bury v. 埋葬 bury—buried—buried—burying bury one’s face in the hands 手捂着脸
高二英语第 7 页 共 46 页
bury oneself in…
50. business n. 生意；职责； （本分）工作 do business with sb. Business is business. It’s none of your business. 与你无关。 52. but conj.但是 prep.除了
on business mind your own business 管好你自己的事 busily adv
cash in on…从...获得利润 11.●cast v. 扔，抛，撒 cast your net wide cast sb./ sth aside 12. catch—caught—caught catch sight of 看见
The shop are cashing in on temporary shortage by raising prices. cast about/ around for sth be cast away be cast down catch up with 赶上 catch sb. doing 撞见/捉住某人做某事 cast sb./ sth out cast sth off
51. busy adj. 忙的；忙碌的 be busy with sth. be busy (in) doing 忙于做 not…but… 不是…而是 we have no choice but to wait. 除了等待别无选择。 We can do nothing but wait.
but for 要不是、若没有（引导含虚拟语气的句子）But for your help, I would have failed. 53. by by bus/car/plane/air/train/ship… 乘汽车/小汽车/飞机/火车/船 C 1.●calculate v. 计算， 核算 (be) calculated to do sth. 2. call v. 叫；喊；打电话 call on in 3. calm adj. 镇静的、沉着的 calm down v.使镇静 keep calm go camping 去野营 4. camp n.营 v.野营；宿营 5. can 否定：cannot= can’t can’t help doing = can’t help but do 禁不住 can not…too… = can never…too… 越…越好/再…也不为过 You can never be too careful when crossing the street. 6. care n. 照料；保管 v. 在乎；介意 care for 7. careful take care of 照顾、保管 take care (that)…当心 I don’t care. 我不在乎/我不放在心上。 care about 关心；在乎 be careful of… 当心,小心 carry on 继续、进行 listen carefully carry out 实施、执行 绝不 summer camp 夏令营 call at sp. It has been calculated that … eg. The speech was calculated to win votes. a girl called Mary call for a girl calling herself Mary call up call off call eg. It has been calculated that at least 47000 jobs were lost last year.
catch one’s eye= attract one’s attention 引起某人注意；引人注目 13.●cater v. 提供（承办）酒席，满足需求 cater for sth/sb : The class caters for all ability ranges. cater to sth/ sb: It catered for all tastes. 14. cattle n. 牛（总称）单复同形 15. cause n. 原因、起因 v. 引起；促使 caution n. 谨慎 小心 vt. 警告...小心... The cattle are in the shed. 牛在牛棚里。 cause and effect 因果 The storm left, ____ a lot of damage to this area. with caution 小心地 caution sb. to do caution sb. against... 警告某人警惕 celebrate Christmas
the cause of fire/cancer 火灾/癌症的起因 16. ◎cautious adj. 谨慎的 小心的 be cautious of/ about...
We were cautioned not to drive too fast. 17. celebrate v. 庆祝 celebrate one’s birthday 18.◎central adj. 中心的，中央的 central bank/government
1） 主要的，首要的 play a central role in… 在…起着主导作用。 centre n. in the centre of the room v. centre on /upon/ round /around…把…当中心 使…成为中心 19.◎ceremony n. 典礼，仪式 1) attend a wedding ceremony without ceremony adv. 一定会、必然 * It is certain that… 面对/接收挑战 a challenging job give sb. a chance 给…一次机会; by chance/accident 偶然; 粗鲁无礼，不拘礼节 certainly 2) stand on ceremony 拘于礼节 20. certain adj. 确定的；无疑的 be certain of= be sure of 对…确信的 make sure/certain of… 保证、弄清楚 21.◎challenge challenging face/ take up a challenge adj 具有挑战性的
8. carry v. 拿；搬；运；背 9. case n. 情况；案件；病例 in this/that case man.
in case +句子/in case of +名词 万一 in no case eg: As is often the case, women live longer than
be certain to do =be sure to do
as is often the case 事实往往如此
There are some cases where this method won’t work. 10. ◎cash n. 现金 pay in cash /by check vt. 兑现 ~ a check
22. chance n. 机会；可能性
take a chance/chances 冒险；碰运气
高二英语第 8 页 共 46 页
There is a/no chance that… 有可能/不可能… 23. change v. 改变、变化; change…into… n. 变化；零钱（不可数） change one’s mind 改变主意 35. church 把……变成;
at Christmas 圣诞节期间 go to church; 36. cinema 电影院 go to the cinema 37. circle n. 圆圈 vi 环绕，盘旋 38.●circulate v. 循环，流传，传阅 circulate sth (to sb.) a key characteristic of… clarification 40. class n.
on Christmas 在圣诞节这天
attend church 去教堂做礼拜 The plane circled over the airport before landing.
Great changes have taken place in China. There is no time to get changed before the party. Do you have any change on/with you ? 24.●characteristic 25. charge n./vt adj. 独特的 n. 特征 特点 charge…for… 收/要价多少; get the phone charged 手机被充电;
The document will be circulated to all members. clarify a situation/ problem/ issue
39.●clarify v.澄清，阐明，使…..纯净 after class;
seek clarification of have classes; the first class 头等； the working class 工人阶级 Only eleven of these accidents were classified as major. adj. 清洁的 make oneself clear clearly adv. a clear explanation;
charge sb. with sth/doing 指控某人做了 take charge of 26. chat 负责、管理
The soldiers were charging forward bravely.战士们勇敢地向前冲。 in charge of 负责; free of charge 免费 chat room 聊天室 in the charge of 被/由… 负责; have a chat with sb. 与某人聊天; 辨析： check examine check 指核对某事物是否正确, examine 表检查、调查、审查等 check the answers check the mailbox 核实邮箱（看有没有信） examine your body/eyes examine the machine 28. cheer n./vi. 欢呼；喝彩 A great cheer went up from the crowd. cheer sb on 为某人加油 cheer up 振作起来；高兴起来 Cheers ! 共同举杯 29. ◎cheerful adj 兴高采烈的，高兴地 a cheerful smile 30. cheque＝ check(美) 支票 31. chicken 样？ Don’t count your chickens before they are hatched. 不要在还没孵出小鸡之前先数鸡。 （别指望过早；别打如意算盘） 32. chief adj. 主要的；首要的 n. 首领；领导人 chiefs (复数) have no choice but to do on Christmas Eve; 除了…别无选择 33. choice c/n. 选择； We chose Bill as chairman. 34. Christmas Merry Christmas! choose v. 选择 choose—chose—chosen There are a lot of books to choose from. c/n. 小鸡 in cash 付现金 by check/cheque 用支票支付 来点鸡肉怎么 u/n. 鸡肉 Would you like some chicken?
41.●classify 把……分类为 classify…into… classify sb./ sth as … 42. clean v. 打扫；弄干净 clean up；clean the table/the room 43. clear adj. 清晰的 clear water; clear glass;
v./n. 聊天；闲谈 chat—chatted—chatted—chatting
v 清除，放晴 clear away 雾烟等消散；clear up （天气）放晴； 44. close vt. 关闭 adj. 近的；亲密的 adv. 近地 closely adv. 密切地；仔细地 watch closely 密切注视；仔细观察 a close friend; close the door/eyes; clothing 衣服； 46. coast 海岸 47. coffee 48. coin c/n on/along the coast 在岸上/沿岸 a coffee/two coffees be/stand/get close to; with his eyes closed/open a piece of clothing；
27. check v./ n. 检查；核对；批改; 支票 by check 用支票支付
close down 关闭、倒闭 a table cloth； an article of clothing clothes(pl.)
45. cloth u/c 布料，抹布； a piece of cloth； u/n (总称) 衣服
off the coast 离海岸不远的地方
a cup of coffee;
Every coin has two sides. 事物皆有两面性 what a coincidence a stamp collection a strange/ remarkable coincidence
49.●coincidence n.共同发生,巧合 by coincidence 50. collect vt. 收集；搜集 51.●collection 收藏品 53. come collect stamps/stamp collecting 集邮 have a large collection of books combine A with/ and B come up with 提出；想出 come on 加油；快点；得啦
52.●combine 使联合,使结合 came-came-come
make a choice /make choices 做选择
come across 偶遇; come about 产生，发生; come true 实现;
高二英语第 9 页 共 46 页
come up 走近；被提出；想起；发芽 come out 出来；出版
54. comfort v. 安慰
live in comfort 生活安逸; comfortably adv. live comfortably under one’s command
67. ◎ concentrate v. 集中（思想等） concentration
a comfort 令人安慰的人或事 comfortable adj. live a comfortable life 55.●command n.&v 命令，指挥，支配 get command of command sb. to do sth. make a comment on /about sth comment on/ upon sth commit murder/ suicide You don’t have to commit yourself now, just think about it. common practice 惯例; common sense at /by one’s command have a good command of command that clause (should do) 56. ◎ comment n. 评论 vi 57.●commit 犯, 干(坏事)等 commit sb/ yourself to sth/ doing commit yourself (to sth): 58. common 常识 have much/a lot/ little/nothing in common； in common with… 和……一样 59. ◎ communicate vt 传达，传递（想法，感情，思想等） communication n He was eager to communicate his ideas to the group. vi 与某人交流（信息或消息，意见等） ，沟通 60. company 61. compare u/n. 交往；陪伴 c/n. 公司 compare…with… 把…和…比较 ； compensate for sth competition n. completely communicate with sb keep sb. company 陪伴某人 compare…to… 把…比作… compensate sb for sth
I can’t concentrate with that noise going on. concentrate (sth) on (doing) sth 集中…做… I decided to concentrate all my efforts on finding somewhere to live 68. ◎ concern v vt. 涉及，关系到；使担心 1) 让某人担忧 2) 与…有关 3) 关心，挂念 4) 就…而言 be concerned with be concerned about as far as sb is concerned n. show a /no concern about
What concerns me is our lack of preparation for the change.
concerning prep. 关系到， 涉及 He asked me several questions concerning the future of the company. 69. concert 音乐会；演奏会 go to a concert 70. ◎ conclude v 1) 结束 conclude (sth)(with sth) He concluded by wishing everyone a safe trip home. 2) 推断出 conclude sth from sth in conclusion concrete floor What do you conclude from that? 得出结论 In conclusion, I would like to thank you. concrete evidence 证据确凿；具体的证据 be condemned/ sentenced to… conclusion n. draw /reach /come to a conclusion 总之,最后 a live concert 现场演奏的音乐会
a common mistake 常见错误;
71.●concrete, adj. 混凝土的；实在的，具体的；有形的 vi. 凝结 vt. 使凝固；用混凝土修筑 72.●condemn vt. 谴责；判刑；宣告……有罪(与 to 连用) 迫使…接受(困境)，使…注定 condemn sb/ sth for… 73. condition 状况；条件 in good/excellent/bad/poor condition 处于良好/极佳/糟糕的状况 out of condition 不在状况； living conditions 生活条件 * on condition that (连词) 如果；条件是 They agreed to lend us the car on condition that (only if) we returned it before the weekend. 74. ◎ conduct vt. 1) 引导，带领 conduct sb around sp 3) 指挥 conduct a concert 2) 实施，执行 conduct an experiment 4) 传导 conduct electricity n. 行为，举止 2) have confidence in sb/sth condemn sb to...
compared with/to (作状语) 与…相比 62.●compensate 补偿,赔偿,弥补 63. ◎ compete vi 比赛，竞赛 64. complete adj. 完整的 complete the project agree on a compromise 66.●compulsory 强制的,义务的 schooling compulsory purchase
Compared with/to other people, he is fortunate. compete with / against sb in sth for sth
a complete story 完整的故事 adv. be completely destroyed 彻底毁坏 by compromise
65. ●compromise 妥协；折中，互让；和解 make a compromise with It is compulsory for sb to do compulsory education/ reach/ come to/ arrive at/ work out a compromise It is compulsory for all motorcyclists to wear helmets.
5) 举止，表现 conduct oneself 规矩点 75. ◎ confident adj. 自信的 be confident about/of sth n. 1) gain/lose confidence confidence
高二英语第 10 页 共 46 页
3) be in sb’s confidence 受某人信任，是某人的心腹 4) take sb into your confidence 76. ◎ confirm vt. 证实，批准，确认 Rumours of job losses were later confirmed. Has everyone confirmed (that) they are coming? 78. ◎ confuse vt 1）使糊涂，使迷惑 Be careful not to confuse quality with quantity. Can you confirm what happened? 77.●conflict n. 冲突，矛盾；斗争；争执 vi. 冲突，抵触；争执；战斗 : in conflict with 和…冲突 They confused me with conflicting accounts of what happened. 2） 混淆 confuse A with/and B confusion n. 1) confusion about/over sth 困惑 向某人吐露内心秘密 confirm sth/ that/wh-
84.●considerate : It is considerate of him to wait. 85. ◎ consideration n. 考虑 take sth into consideration
Taking everything into consideration, the event was a great success. All things _______ into consideration, I think his plan is practical. 86. ◎ consist vi 包含，组成，构成 1) consist of 由…组成 The committee consists of ten members. 2) consist in 在于，存在于 The beauty of the city consists in its magnificent buildings. consistent adj 一致的 construct vt 86. ◎ consult 88. contain v. vt be consistent with 与…一致 be under construction 正在修建中 2) 创建 construct a theory 87. ◎ construction n. 建造，建设
1)建造，修建 construct a bridge
There is a confusion about what the correct procedure should be. 2) confusion between A and B 混淆 confusion between letters like “o” or “a” 79. congratulation n 祝贺名词常用复数 Congratulations to you ! congratulate 80. connect v. v congratulate sb. on sth. 祝贺某人在某方面…… 1) connect A to/with/ and B 使连接，联结 First connect the printer to the computer.
1) 咨询，请教 consult sb (about) sth 3) 查阅，查询 consult a dictionary container n. 容器，集装箱
2) 与某人商量 consult (with) sb about/on sth 1) 包含/括 The book contains 12 units. 2）含有物质/成分 Sea water contains a lot of salt.
The towns are connected by trains and bus services. 2) connect sth (to sth) 接通，使…连接 3) connect sb / sth (with sb / sth) , be connected with 与…有联系/关联
3）容纳、装有 The envelope contained 500 dollars.奇速英语微信公众号 qisuen 89. content adj. 甘愿的，满意的；n.内容 be content to do 甘愿做某事 读目录 be content with 满足于； 90. continue v. 继续 与…有关
Theory is closely connected with practice. 4)为某人接通电话 Hold on, please, I’m trying to connect you. 81. ◎ connection 82. ◎ consequence n. 连接物，接触，联系 in connection with sb/ sth A man has been arrested in connection with the murder of the manager. n. 结果，后果；重要性，重大 in consequence 结果 in consequence of 由于 We are considering buying a new car. This award is considered (to be ) a great honor.
the content of the article 文章内容； read the contents of the book continue doing / to do / with 91. ◎ contrary adj. 相反的 92.●contribute
Contrary to popular belief, many cats dislike milk.
n. 相反，反而 on the contrary 相反，反之
as a consequence /result as a consequence /result of
1) contribute (sth) (to/ towards sth) 捐献，捐赠 We contributed 5000 yuan to the earthquake fund. 2) contribute to 导致，有助于 Smoking contributes to lung cancer. 3) contribute (sth) (to sth) 撰稿，在会议或会谈期间讲话，发表意见 She contributed (a number of articles )to the magazine. We hope everyone will contribute to the discussion. 93. ◎ contribution n. 贡献，奉献 make a contribution to sth 对…做贡献 94. ◎ convenience n. 便利 convenient
高二英语第 11 页 共 46 页
83. consider 1) 认为；把……看做； 2) 考虑 1) consider sth/doing sth/wh- 考虑 He was considering what to do next. 2) consider sb/sth (as /to be) sth 认为 3) sb be considered to have done sth 认为某人已经做了某事 Bell is considered to have invented the telephone. 4) all things considered 从各方面看来，总而言之
at one’s convenience
for one’s convenience
It is convenient for sb to do sth
It is convenient to sb 95.●convey 传送,传达,表达 96.●convince 使确信,使信服 convince sb to do convinced convey sth to sb convince sb/ yourself of sth
If (it is ) convenient convey sb/sth from …to…
$ 100 should cover your expenses. By sunset we had covered thirty miles. The park covers an area of 1000 square kilometers. She is covering the conference. 104.crazy adj 疯狂的，愚蠢的，非常气愤的；热衷于 That noise is driving me crazy. She must be crazy to lend him money. Rick is crazy about football. like crazy/ mad 拼命地，疯狂地 105. ◎ credit n. 1) on credit 信用卡 4) 3) credit card We worked like crazy to get it done on time. 赊购，赊欠 2) three credits 三个学分 to one’s credit 值得赞扬，使受尊重
I have been trying to convince him to see a doctor. I am convinced that she is innocent. I am convinced of her innocence.
adj. be convinced of/ that:
97. corner n. 街角； 困境； vt 使…落入圈套 There is a hotel on / at the corner of the street. drive / force sb into a corner 把某人逼入困境 98.correct adj 正确的，恰当的； vt 纠正，批改 I think you’ve made the correct decision. correctly 99. cost adv. Have you spelled it correctly? the high / low cost of housing I spent all evening correcting essays. round / around the corner 很近，在附近
( Much/ Greatly) to his credit, Jack refused to accept the gift. 106. cross v.穿越，横过；交叉，交叠；adj 生气的，愤怒的 cross the mountains 翻过高山 I was cross with him for being late. 107. crowd n.人群； v.挤满，使拥挤 streets. crowded adj 拥挤的 108. cruel cruelly In the spring the place is crowded with skiers. be cruel to… She sat with her legs crossed. across prep. run across the road Police had to break up the crowd. Thousands of people crowded the narrow
n 花费；代价，损失；vt 需付费；使损失
she saved him from the fire but at the cost of her own life. at all costs 不惜任何代价 You must stop the press from finding out at all costs. The hospital will cost 2 million dollars to build. That one mistake almost cost him his life. 100. count 112.couple v 数数；重要 Every point in this game counts. count on sb/sth 依赖 I’m counting on you to help me. a young / an elderly couple count down 倒计时 I saw a couple of men get out . 101. courage n. courageous adj
Crowds of people poured into the street.
adj 残忍的； 引起痛苦的 adv. cruelty n
Her father’s death was a cruel blow. 109.●cure 治愈 110.curious adj curiously adv. cure sb of sth； find a cure for… be curious about … be curious to do… curiousity n. 好奇心
We went there a couple of years ago. lose courage The plane was on/ off course. The main course was roast duck. 在…期间 in / over the course of
take courage (from sth) 因某事而鼓起勇气; 102.course n.课程；航线；进程；一道菜 take a course in art and design an event that changed the course of history in course of sth 在…的过程中 She covered her face with her hands. Much of the country is covered by forest. The survey covers all aspects of the company.
111.custom n.风俗，习俗；个人习惯 It is the custom in that country for women to marry young. It was her custom to rise early. 112.cut v. have one’s hair cut 他的薪金减少了 10%。 His salary has been cut by ten percent . cut through 抄近路穿过；走近路 cut down 砍倒；削减，缩小 We need to cut the article down to 1000 words. cut in 插嘴；打断
高二英语第 12 页 共 46 页
Your parents will have to cover your tuition fees.
She kept cutting in on our conversation.
cut off 停止，中断；割掉，砍掉； 切断…的去路，以外界隔绝 Our water supply has been cut off. He had his finger cut off in an accident at work. The army was cut off from its base. cut up 切碎 He cut up the meat on his plate. cut sth out of sth 裁剪 1.daily She cut the dress out of some old materials. D
日常的；每日的 n. adj. adv.
Germany declared war on France on 1 August 1914. He declared that he was in love with her. declare for 声明支持 declare against 声明反对 11.● decline 拒绝,谢绝,下降 The number of tourists declined by 10%. Her health was declining rapidly. I offered to give them a lift but they declined with thanks. 12.◎decorate v. 装饰修饰 decoration n. 装饰，装饰品，奖章 decorate A with B 装点，布置 decorate sb. for bravery 因为勇敢授予奖章 13.◎decrease v. (使) 减少，变小 15.defeat decrease (sth.) to 1000 decrease (sth.) by 10% 14.deed n. 行动；功绩；证书；[法] 契据 do a good deed v. n. 击败，战胜；挫败；使…失败 a narrow defeat 惜败 a heavy defeat 惨败 admit defeat He defeated the champion. 16.defend v. 辩护；防护 We are trained to defend themselves against knife attacks. 我们都接受过自卫训练，能够对付持刀袭击。 Troops have been sent to defend the borders. 已派出部队去守卫边疆。 He defended his wife against rumours and allegations. 针对谣言和指控他为妻子进行了辩护。 make a date defence n. Soldiers who died in defence of their country 17.degree n.度数（角） ； 度数（温度） ；程度； 学位 Water freezes at zero degree. 18.delay v. 延期；耽搁 He has a master’s degree from Harvard. a delay of two hours a two-hour delay report it to the police without delay Thousands of passengers were delayed for over an hour. delay doing:He delayed telling her news,waiting for the right moment. 19. ● delight 快乐,乐事 The guitar is a delight to play. to the delight of sb with delight delight in sth/ doing sth an angle of ninety degrees I agree with you to a certain degree.
a daily visit
be visited daily
The story was in all the dailies. 2.damage v. 损害，毁坏 3.danger The storm did / caused great damage to the country. How many workers are in danger of losing their jobs? Police said the man was a danger to the public. Smoking seriously damages your health. n. 危险；危险物，威胁 Doctors said she is now out of danger. dangerous adj 4.dare v.
It would be dangerous for you to stay here. He didn’t dare (to) say what he thought.
How dare you 你竟敢 How dare you talk to me like that? I dare say 我想，很可能 I dare say you know about it already. 5. date n. v. 日期；约会 date back to / date from 6.dawn n. 黎明；开端 v. We need to fix a date for the next meeting . a law dating from the 17th century. They start work at dawn. He works from dawn till dusk. deal with 对付，应付；解决，处理；涉及，关于
We arrived in Sydney as dawn broke. 7.deal dealt dealt
She is used to dealing with all kinds of people in her job. Have you dealt with these letters yet? Her poems often deal with the subject of death. a good/great deal of They spent a great deal of money. 8.◎debt n. 债务，欠款 9.decision 10.declare n. make a decision v.公布，宣布；声明，断言 go/get/run/slip into debt 陷入债务之中 It is a deal. 就这么办吧！ be in debt 欠债 pay off/clear/repay the debts
take(great)delight in doing: He takes great delight in proving others wrong. delighted: be delighted to do/ that/ by/at/ with He was delighted at the news of the wedding. 20. ● deliver 交付；发表；递送；释放；给予（打击） ；给…接生
高二英语第 13 页 共 46 页
The government has declared a state of emergency.
deliver a baby
Do you have your milk delivered? She is due to deliver a lecture. 安排她做一个演讲。 21.demand v. in demand
35.dig (dug ,dug ,digging) dig a hole I demand to see the manager. meet / satisfy one’s demands 36.direction n. 方向，指导
v.挖；挖掘 in the direction of…朝….方向 in all directions 朝四面八方 The disabled were sent to the hospital. take advantage of
dig sth up 掘地，平整土地；挖掘出
Good secretaries are always in demand.
under sb’s direction 在……指导下 37.◎disabled a. 残废的，残疾的 38.◎disadvantage advantages and disadvantages have an advantage over 优于… 39.◎disagree vi. 意见不一致，持不同意见 disagree with what sb. said disagree on/about sth 就某事达成一致意见 sth disagree with sb 食物天气等使某人身体不适 40.disappoint v. 使…..失望 The movie disappointed me. be disappointed to see/hear/find disappointing news disappointed / disappointing be disappointed with /in about /at a disappointed expression disappointment be a disappointment to sb 41.◎discount n. 折扣 discount price discouraged discouraging at a discount 以折扣价 42.● discourage 使气馁 discourage sb from doing sth
I demand that all the books be sent to Tibet. 22. depend v. 依靠； 取决于 depend on He was the sort of person you could depend on . It / That depends. Can you describe him to me? a badly designed kitchen Depend upon it we won’t give up. 请相信我们绝不会放弃。 23.describe/ description 描 述 ， 描 写 ； 类 型 ； 说 明 书 a brief / general description 24. design v. 设计 design a car/ a kitchen The film is designed for children. The programme is designed to help poor people. we all desire health and happiness. a strong desire for power be designed for be designed to do 25.desire
n. v. 欲望；要求
26. destroy v. 毁坏 The building was completely destroyed by fire. 27.determine v. （使）下决心，决定 determination determine to do They determined to start early. be determined to do I am determined to succeed. He fought the illness with courage and determination. I had the film developed. develop a habit with the development of science and 28.develop v.发展，壮大； 疾病开始侵袭；冲洗 She developed the company from nothing. Her son developed asthma when he was two. developed / developing/ technology 29.◎devotion n. 奉献，奉献精神 devote v. 奉献，贡献 one’s devotion to his job be devoted to sth/doing sth 30.diary 日记 n. keep a diary 31. dictation 听写 n. have a dictation 32.◎diet n. 饮食 go/be on a diet 节食 33.different adj. 不同的 A be different from B in sth difference n. 区别 tell the difference between A and B in sth The rain didn’t make much difference to the game. 34.difficult adj. /difficulty n. have difficulty (in) doing sth have difficulty with 名词 make a / no / some difference to sb/sth devote oneself/ one’s time /one’s energy to sth. /doing sth. development
n. 失望 much to one’s disappointment
43.discover v. 发现/ discovery n. make a discovery 44.discuss v. 讨论 45.dish discuss sth with sb have/ hold a discussion 1) dislike doing 2) dislike it + 从句 discussion n. under discussion 46.◎dislike v. 不喜欢，厌恶 47. ◎dismiss v.
n.盘子，餐具 I’ll do the dishes. 我来洗碗。 1) 拒绝考虑 dismiss sth as
He just laughed and dismissed my suggestion as unrealistic. 他只是笑笑，就以不实际为由拒绝了我的建议。 2）解雇 dismiss sb for sth 3) 打发走，解散 48.distance at a distance of 数字 n. 距离 distant dismiss sb. from the post adj. 远的 in the distance 在远处
The teacher will dismiss the class early today because of the snow . 隔….距离
49.distinction n. 区别，差别；卓越，优秀
高二英语第 14 页 共 46 页
1）make/draw a distinction 区别对待 3) of great distinction 卓越的 事 50. distinguish v．区别，辨别 51.divide
2）the distinction between A and B 有荣誉殊荣做某
drop in on sb/ at sp 顺便拜访人、地 drop off 下降，减退； 睡着了，打盹 drop out of sth 从…..退出，不再参加…… He dropped out of politics. 65.drown v. 淹死； （声音）掩盖 a drowning man/ a drowned man drug addict 吸毒上瘾的人
4）have the distinction of doing sth
distinguish between A and B =distinguishA from B divide sth up into 把…..分成…..份 Nine divided by three is three. divorce rate 2) v. get divorced
v. 划分；分配；除 ；
The noise of the train drowned his voice. 66.drug n. 药；毒品 67.dry 68.due adj.到期的，预期的 take drugs 吸毒 adj.干的 v.弄干 dry up 干涸 ；枯竭，耗尽
divide sth up between / among sb 在….. 之间均分 The food was divided among all the people。 Opinions are divided on the problem. 52.◎divorce 离婚，离异 53.●donate 捐赠,捐献 54.doubt n./ v. 怀疑 donation: organ donation 1) n. get a divorce donate sth to sb/sth make a donation to I never doubted that she would come. without / beyond doubt 毫无疑问
be due to sb/sth 因为，由于 The team’s success was largely due to her efforts. be due to do 预期干某事 The next train is due to arrive in five minutes. The homework is due. E----F 1. eager 3. easy adj. 渴望的 be eager for sth be eager to do she earns the respect of her students. Take it easy 别急，放松 an educated person adj. Easier said than done 说时容易做时难 educated a. 受过教育的 receive a good education cause and effect 因果 bring sth into effect 使生效 take effect 开始起作用，见效 New controls come into effect next month. n. 教育 2. earn v. 挣； 赢得； arn a living /earn one’s living
I doubted whether / if she would come. there is no doubt about sth 55.downstairs 56.downtown 57.dozen n. 打
adv.到楼下，在楼下 go downstairs adj. 市中心的； adv.往市中心区 2 dozen eggs a downtown office go downtown 2 dozen of these eggs 1) drag a leg dozens of eggs
4. ◎educate v. 教育， 培养 education 5. effect n. 影响，效果
sell eggs by the dozen. 58.drag-dragged-dragged 拖，拽 59.draw-drew-drawn draw sb’s attention to sth ……draw near 临近，接近 60.dream 61.dress n. v. 做梦 n. 衣服 v.穿衣服 2) drag sb down 使某人感到不愉快 draw the curtains v.画； 拉，拖；吸引；
come into effect 生效
have a … effect on sb/sth 对某人、某物有….影响 The medicine soon took effect. v. affect 影响；感染 Does television affect children’s behaviour? Does television have an effect an children’s behaviour? 6.effort n. 努力 make an effort /make every effort/ make efforts 做出努力 spare no effort(s) 不遗余力 7. elder n 长者；长辈；adj 年纪较长的（只做定语）elder sister 大姐 Children have no respect for their elders nowadays. 8. ●elect （投票）选举 n. election drive sb mad 9. ◎ 1）electrical v. elect sb.(as)… an elected leader/representative run for election 参加竞选 win/lose a election
draw a conclusion 得出结论 Christmas is drawing near. dream a good dream She dressed the child in a coat. be dressed in 状态 get dressed in 动作 dream of/about + n/doing
She dressed well / badly. dress up 打扮 62.drink-drank-drunk n.饮料 v. 喝
dress up as Father Christmas
drink to 为……干杯 Let’s drink to the friendship between us. drunk 喝醉的 drunken 喝醉了的 63. drive 64.drop v.驾驶， 开车； 驱逐； 迫使 n.滴 v. 落下； 降低； 倒下 drive a car / taxi The fruit dropped down from the tree. drop behind 落在后面
a. 电的，电器的 lectrical equipment/engineer
2）electric 用电的，电动的 electric current 电流 electric shock 电击 electric blanket 3) electronic 电子的 electronic calendar
高二英语第 15 页 共 46 页
The price of sugar will drop soon.
10. else adj 别的/其他的（做后置定语）or else 否则 You can use somebody else’s car. embarrass sb. 12. ◎emergency n. 紧急情况 encourage sb to do sth 14. end n.末尾;终点;结束 v.结束;终止 put an end to sth come to an end energy n. 精力 be full of energy old enough to go to school enter for …报名 bring sth to an end end up doing end up with end up in failure Who else can do it? feel embarrassed about in case of (an) emergency 11. ◎embarrass v. 使尴尬 embarrassed -embarrassing –embarrassment
27.exact adj 精确的 he needs.
to be exact 确切的说
exactly adv 精确地
This is exactly what
28.examine vt 检查/诊察 have one’s eyes examined 29.example n 榜样 set an example to/for sb example 30. except prep 除…之外 His composition is good except for some spelling mistakes. I didn’t tell him anything except that I needed the money. 31. ◎ exchange 交换，调换，交流 2) in exchange 作为交换 n.1）fair exchange 公平的交换 He gave me a book and I gave him a pen in exchange exchange greetings in an excited voice be in existence 存在 take sth for example follow sb’s
13. ◎encouragement n. 鼓励-encourage-encouraged-encouraging
15. ◎ energetic a. 精力旺盛的，精力充沛的 energetically adv. 16. enough n 足够 adj 足够的/充分的 ad 足够地/充分地 I can’t thank you enough.=I can’t thank you too much. There are enough chairs for the guests. 17. enter vt 进入 ,参加 参加… enter the competition the entrance to the hall enthusiastically adv. be enthusiastic about the college entrance exanimation 大学入学考试 18. ◎ enthusiastic a. 热情的，热心的 19. ●entry 进入 20. ◎environment n. 环境 Countries seeking entry into the European Union. protect the environment the envy of sb equal the world record environmentally friendly entrance 入口，入学 enter a room
3) in exchange for sth 和…交换 I took his watch in exchange in exchange for camera v. exchange A for B =exchange B with A 32. excite vt 使兴奋/使激动 33.exist vi 存在 We are excited to hear the exciting news. If the loud noise excites the lion, he may attack you.
There exists no life on the moon.(有…)
◎existence n. 存在 come into existence 开始存在，成立 35. ●expect 预料；盼望；认为,预料，预期，预计 You can’t expect to learn a foreign language in a few months. expect sth of/from sb. ----Will you be late? expect too much of sb
I except so/ I don’t except so
----I expect so. ( I guess / think so)
As expected, they finished the work ahead of time. ◎expectation n. 预料，期望 beyond (all) expectation(s) 出乎意料 in expectation of 准备（有某种情况） contrary to (all) expectations 和预料相反 He closed the windows in ~ of rain. come up tpo one’s expectations 达到期望水平 fall short of one’s expectations 没达到期望 36. experience n 经历(cn) 经验(un) v 经历,体验 experience a different culture be experienced in sth/doing = have experience in sth/ doing 37. experiment n 实验 make/ do/perform/carry out an experiment
21. envy vt/ n 嫉妒/羡慕 envy sb sth
22. equal adj 平等的，相同的 vt 等于 be equal to sth/doing 23. ●equip vt.提供设备；装备；配备 ________,_________ equip …with in nursing. equipment (不可数)装备/设备 a piece of equipment 24.escape v / n 逃跑，逃脱 escape +n/doing 逃避… a narrow escape be fully equipped
The course is designed to equip students for a career
escape from …逃离（地点）
38. ◎expert adj. 有经验的 40. ◎exploit
n. 专家 be ~ at vt.
He is an ~ cook. He is ~ at playing the piano. explanation n 解释 In the past, farmers were ~ by landlords.
26. every other day= every second day= every two days 每隔一天、每两天 every few days 每几天
39. explain v 解释 explain sth to sb 利用, 剥削
高二英语第 16 页 共 46 页
开采，开发We must ~ the country s mineral resources 41. ●explore vt./vi 勘探 explore sth for sth My job as a journalist is to expose the truth. 露出 He smiled ,exposing a set of amazingly white teeth. Don’t expose a baby to strong sunlight. 44. express v, 表达; adj, 快的 45. eye n 眼睛/眼力 /留意 catch one’s eye 吸引注意力 46. face n 脸， 表情 v 面对，面向，正视 对，遇到 47. ●fade vt./vi 褪色， （颜色）消退 The curtains had faded in the sun. fade away (to disappear gradually) 48. fail v.失败，不及格，衰退，未发生 fail to do sth fail ( in ) sth fail in doing If rain fails, the farmers will suffer. I fail to see why you won’t give it a try. ◎failure. n. 失败 Failure is the mother of success 失败的人或事 The man is a ~. a fair price/ fair skin/ a fair day /fair hair 50.fall (fell fallen) n 秋季，跌倒; fall ill/asleep/silent fall over fall down from../fall off… 51. ◎fantastic. adj. 极好的 fall behind fall to the ground A sudden silence fell. That s an ~idea. exploration
exploitation n. n. oil exploration adj /adv 远的， 52. far 远地
a ~ amount of money
farther, further ( further 表抽象含义 further study) His work is far from satisfactory.
43. ●expose 揭露 陈述，揭露（尤指对令人震惊的或故意保密的事实）
far from:离…远； 远远不… 53. fault n 缺点，毛病 find fault with sb 54. favor n 恩惠，好处，帮忙 55. ●feast 盛会，宴会 56. feed v 喂养，饲养
As/so far as I can see= In my opinion=Personally 依我看…. Why should I say sorry when it’s not my fault? Could you do me a favor? We are all in favor of the plan. n. a wedding feast
expression n 表达/词句/表情/神色 have a worried expression on one’s face keep an eye on sb/sth 照看
You are free to express yourselves in class.
Can I ask a favor? 请帮个忙好吗？ v. feast your eyes
have an eye for sth 对…有鉴赏力
The evening was a real feast for music lovers. They have a large family to feed. face sth 面朝，面对 be faced with …面 We feed horses on grass.(We feed grass to horses.) 57.feel (felt,felt) vt, link.v 发觉，意识到，感觉 The sun had faded the curtains. her smile /laughter /voice faded away failure n, 失败 power failure words failed me. My eyesight failed. She couldn’t feel her legs.他的双腿失去了知觉。 You will feel better after a good night’s sleep. I am not quite feeling myself today. The blind man felt his way along the road. 58.few n,adj 不多，少数，少数的， only a few/quite a few/a good few/every few days I have a few friends here./I have few friends here. The few friends I made here are all teachers. 59.figure n,v 数字，图形，身形，人物 身材好 figure out a problem 算出一道题 谁。 60.fill vt vi 填满，装满 Fill the glass with water. Her eyes suddenly filled with tears. I couldn’t figure out who he was.我想不出他是 The party was a ~ fairly pretty be round in figure 呈圆形 have a good figure We teachers feel strongly that … feel like sth/doing sth
49. fair adj 公平的，相当大的，白皙的，晴朗的, 金黄的：n.博览会 v 降落，突然到来； 系动词 v 进入…状态
A big crowd filled the hall. fill in the blank/fill in the hole/fill up 61.film
n v 电影，影片，拍摄 develop a film find one’s way
Everything was covered in a film of dust. 62.find (found,found) 找到，发现，感到 I find it necessary to find a good map.
高二英语第 17 页 共 46 页
My birthday falls on a Monday this year.
When she came to, she found herself lying in bed. The teacher found herself surrounded by her students. I wanted to talk to him but he was nowhere to be found. 63.fire n 火 v 射击，开火，解雇,点燃 be on fire for /fire sb think(see) fit to do 认为合适 64.fit n 合适的衣服 adj 合适的，胜任的 v 适合 a good fit/be fit for/be fit to do/keep fit/fit sb well/ 65.fix v.修理，安装，确定，决定 The car can’t start—can you fix it? All the students are listening to the teacher with their eyes fixed on the blackboard. This is a fixed phrase. 66. flash n 闪光，转瞬间 v 闪光 Memories flashed through my mind.往事历历在目。 69. ◎ flesh. n. 肉 in the flesh 亲自，本人 70. flood n 洪水，一大阵 v 淹没 What a flood of rain.好大一阵雨。 71.floor n 地板， （议会的）发言权 live on the third floor 72. ◎ fluent fluently adj. 流利的 adv. fluency The river is in flood.河水泛滥。 Letters flooded the office.信件大量涌入办事处。 take the floor 发言 He speaks ~ English a flash of lightning/in a flash your own ~ and blood 你自己的亲骨肉 Has the date of the meeting been fixed?
a ticket for tomorrow forbid sb. from doing force sb to do sth 82. forget v 忘记 Forget about sth 别再想… 83. ●fortune u/n 财产；运气 84. free v 自由的，空闲的，免费的
He is tall for his age forbid doing force one’s way the Forbidden City force a smile
78. ●forbid 禁止；不许 ________,_________ forbid sb.to do 79. force v 强迫，迫使 n 外力 force sb into doing forget to do sth/forget doing You must do it before you forget it. Forget it. seek one’s fortune make one’s fortune be free from/of a tax-free shop/a smoke-free room
Don’t forget me to your mother.
free of charge/for free/free sb from(of) 85. freeze vi vt 结冰 I am freezing.我快冻僵了。 be frozen/freeze to death 86. fresh adj 新鲜的 87. friend n 朋友 friendly adj 友好的 88.fun n 有趣的事，娱乐，玩笑 have fun doing 89. ◎ function. n. just for fun
Water freezes at zero degrees centigrade. Smiles froze on her face.笑容在她脸上僵住了。 freezing cold/burning hot fresh air/water/color/news a friend of Mary’s / a friend of mine
make friends with sb
Warmth flooded my heart.我心里热乎乎的。 have/get the floor 取得发言权 He is ~ in English. n. A flag flies in the wind. The door flew open.门突然开了。 Eyes were ~ed on him
It is great fun to swim in a pool in summer. make fun of sb 聚会，集会 official ~s
功能，作用，职责 the ~ of a chairman. v. 起作用，正常工作 The machine functions well. G
73. fly(flew, flown) v 飞，飞行，放，飘，突然开 n 飞行，苍蝇 Birds fly in the sky. How time flies.时间飞逝。 74. ◎ focus. vt. 集中 ~ one s eyes /attention n. 焦点，引人注目的中心 75. follow v 跟随，效仿，跟得上 follow sb up the stairs/follow one’s example/follow this road in the following years Their requirements are as follows. Do you follow me? fool sb into doing sth All(April)Fools’ Day The teacher came in, followed by some students./following some students. 76.fool n 傻子 v 愚弄 make a fool of sb 77.for ten for a dollar/take sb for a fool/So much for today/ The clock gains.
1.gain n.收益，获利 v 获得，赚得，赢得 2. ●gather vt vi 聚集，采集 gathering n.
gain knowledge No pains, no gains. She gathered a crowed around her. The train was gathering speed. be ~ to sb 对某人慷慨 n. generosity
He gained 10kg in weight.
gather breath/gather courage/gather strength A crowed of people gathered around her. 丰盛的 4.get v 成为，得到，到达 a ~ meal.
3.◎generous adj. 慷慨大方的 It s ~ of you to lend me the car.
Mother often gets me to wash the dishes. You got it.
The machine broke down. Can you get it working? I am going to get my bike repaired.
高二英语第 18 页 共 46 页
Hard work can get you somewhere. get sth across to sb get round 6.gift n 赠品，礼 get along with a birthday gift get down to doing get on a man of many gifts have a gift for get rid of get away with get away from
18. ◎guidance n. 引导，指导，建议 under one’ ~ guide 19. ◎guilty v/n. 引导，导游 adj. 有罪的 He was ~ of murder. H 1.habit n 习惯 form/develop the(a) habit of have a hand in from hand to hand
with one’s help He was found ~ .
I feel ~ of what I did. 32.guitar. be in the(a )habit of give/lend sb a hand
◎gifted = talented 有天赋的 7. give v 递给，付出，给予 glorious adj. 9. go v 去，走，到 n 尝试 Where does the book go? 10. good adj n a good many books be good at English do good to sb=do sb good 11. ◎grasp vt. 12. ●grateful 感激的，感谢的 be grateful for/that 13. ◎greedy 14. greet adj. 贪婪的
a ~ student give out/up/away/in/off fall/get into the(a) habit of 2.hand v 传递 n 手，指针 All the money he got went in books. There is five minutes to go./There is a long way to go. have a go 试试 be on the go 忙碌 a good few books as good as 和…一样好，几乎 be good to sb 理解， 领会 He ~ d what I said. hand in /out/down
8. ◎glory n. 荣誉，光荣，赞美 It s a great glory to die for our country.
The story goes that there was a mean landlord named ZhouBapi. go hungry/thirsty/mad/bad/wrong
on the one hand…on the other hand… 3.◎handle n. 把手 the ~ of the door vt. 处理，应付 I have no idea how to ~ the children. 4.●handy 便利的，顺手的 5.hang vt vi 绞刑，上吊，悬挂 hang curtains 6.happen v 发生，碰巧 It’s quite a handy little tool. hang one’s head in shame 含羞低头 What happened to her? I always keep my gun handy just in case. hang out/up
have a good time doing give sb a good beating be good for one’s health It is no good doing
抓牢， 抓紧 He suddenly ~ my arm. I’m so grateful for all your help.
It so happened that I had no money with me. I happened to have no money with me. 7.hardly 几乎不 Hardly does she go home. n do (no) ~ to sb/sth v ~ sb/sth Hardly had he got home when it began to rain.
She was grateful that he helped him a lot. It’s ~ for you to take so money. 贪图权利 be ~ for power v 招呼，迎接，入（耳） ，触（目） ，扑（鼻） greet the New Year 迎接新年 He grew tall./old. a growing number of people
8.◎harm 9. harvest
n. 收获；产量 get in the harvest 收庄稼 I hate it when people cry. ○ 2 have on 穿着(表状态，无进行时态) She had her bag stolen. Who do you have type the letter?
greet sb with a nod 点头示意 15.grow vt vi link.v 成长，变得 16. ●guarantee 保证 guarantee sb./sth guarantee to do guarantee that … 17. guess v 猜测 You have guessed it.
A heavy snow promises a good harvest. 瑞雪兆丰年 10.hate v. 憎恨 hate to do/ doing 11. have v. ○ 1 have (got) to He had a red jacket on.
A sweet smell greets the nose.香气扑鼻 I grew to like the dog.(grow to do=come to do) I ~ you a wonderful film. I can’t ~ to work for more than a year. I ~ that you’ll love this film. What do you guess has happened to him? I guess so./I guess not.
○ 3 have sth done 让别人做某事/ 主语遭受…
Is this the watch you have repaired? ○ 4 have sb do 让某人去做某事
○ 5 have something / nothing to do with…与..有/没有关系 ○ 6 have sb doing…使某人做某事/ 与 cannot/won’t 连用表示不能容忍… I have my students listening attentively. 我使学生们听得入神. I can’t have people arriving late all the time. 我不能忍受人们总是迟到.
高二英语第 19 页 共 46 页
1) n. ○ 1 use your head 动动脑筋
○ 2 hold one’s head high 趾高气扬
○ 3 hold on 别挂断；稍等，等着； 坚持住，挺住 hold up 支撑; 延误，耽搁；抢劫；举出例子，提出…作为榜样 An accident is holding up traffic.
○ 3 from head to foot/ toe 从头到脚 ○ 4 hit sb. on the head 击中某人的头 2) v. head for sp.朝某处走去 13. health 14. hear v. 15. heart n. n. 健康 healthy adj. in good / bad health keep healthy ~ diet ○ 1 hear about / of 听说 ○ 1 learn sth. by heart 记住 ○ 2 hear from 收到某人的来信 ○ 2 lose heart 灰心,泄气
She’s always holding up her children as models of good behavior. hold on to 抓住不放； 保住…不出卖 hold back 拦阻；向某人隐瞒（from sb.）;抑制，控制 She managed to hold back her anger/ tears. hold out 坚持，维持；伸出手，递出东西； hold out my hands ○ 4 容纳 The plane holds about 300 passengers. 25. honor 1) n.荣誉，光荣 ○ 1 in honor of 为了纪念 向某人表达敬意 The president honored us with a personal visit. I was honored to have been mentioned in his speech. ○ 2 It’s an honor for sb. to do sth. 2) v. honor sb.给某人荣耀 26. hope
○ 3 hear sb. do/ doing 听到某人做了某事/听到某人正在做某事 ○ 3 lose one’s heart to sb.倾心于某人 ○ 4 heart and soul 全心全意 ○ 5 from the bottom of one’s heart 由衷的 16. heavy 17. height 18. help adj. n. n. / v. heavily adv. ○ 1 a heavy smoker 烟瘾极大的人 ○ 3 rain heavily ○ 2 It’s about 2 meters high/ in height. ○ 2 help sb out of 帮助..摆脱… ○ 2 heavy rain/ traffic 大雨/交通繁忙
○ 1 at a height of 30,000 meters ○ 1 help sb. (to) do/with sth.
sb. be honored… 感到荣幸
○ 3 can’t help doing 禁不住做… ○ 4 can not help but do 不得不做某事 ○ 5 help oneself to sth. 随便用… 19.◎helpful 20.◎hesitate 21.high jump high ○ 2 highly 表示的是抽象的含义 “ 高度地 ” speak highly of 22. history n. 23. hit (hit , hit) ○ 2 袭击 ○ 1 in history 在历史上 ○ 2 the history of America 美国的历史 ○ 4 make history 创造历史 ○ 3 have a long history / have a history of… An earthquake hit there. It suddenly hit me that……. // a hit song He is a real hit. a highly developed country think / adj. vt. ~ to do sth ○ 6 with one’s help hesitation n. in a high voice without hesitation in high spirits fly high in the sky/ be very ~ = be of great help
1) n. in (the) hope of…/ that clause. 抱着…的希望 ② hope so/ I hope not.
He went abroad in the hope of earning a lot of money. 2) v. ○ 1 hope to do sth. ○ 3 hope for… 期待着… Hope for the best, prepare for the worst ○ 4 I hope that you are well./ I wish that I were a bird. 27 ◎ host n. 主人 hostess 东道主 ~ country 28.hostess n. 女主人 host waiter waitress 29.◎hug v. 拥抱 hugged hugged 主持人 ~ of the TV show vt.主持，主办 ~ the party/meeting/Olympic games actor actress god goddess -ess 女
1) adj. at a high / low price
2) adv. 与 highly 的区别
○ 1 high 表示具体的含义 “高高地 ”
They put their arms around each other and hugged. The track hugs the coast for a mile. (有一段距离紧挨某物) n. He stopped to receive hugs and kisses from the fans. He gave her mother a big hug. 30.◎humor n. 幽默----humourous adj. n. I can’t stand people with no sense of humor. They failed to see the humor of the situation. v. she thought it best to humor him rather than get into an argument. 31. ◎hunt v. 打猎；搜寻
高二英语第 20 页 共 46 页
1) v. ○ 1 撞 击打 hit sb. on the head
○ 3 突然想起 An idea hit/ strike/occur to me. 2) n.受欢迎的/引起轰动的人或物 24. hold- held-held ○ 2 hold a meeting 举行会议 hold office/ the position 任职 hold one’s head high 趾高气扬 ○ 1 catch / get / take hold of 抓住 拿着
hold one’s breath 屏住呼吸 hold sb. prisoner 监禁某人 hold together （使…）团结一致
a. lions sometimes hunt alone. / whales are being hunted and killed.
b. she is hunting for a new job. hunt sb down 32.hurry 33.hurt
c. police are hunting for an escaped criminal. hurry up 快点，赶快
impress sth on / upon sb 11.in prep.
He impressed on us the need for immediate action. Her words impressed themselves on my memory. ○ 2 in all 总共 ○ 4 be measured in tons 用吨来衡量
hunt out 1) v. hurry sb. /sth. up 催促某人
impress sth / itself on / upon sth ○ 3 in modern times hurt one’s feelings/ leg； be badly hurt I-J-K ○ 5 in that… 因为
○ 1 in a word 一句话说
2）n. in a hurry 赶快 vi./ vt. 损害；使疼痛；使痛心 My leg hurts. 1.idea n. 想法；主意；概念 Where does it hurt? 你哪疼？ have some/ no idea + 从句 / of …
She was lucky in that she had friends to help her . ○ 7 in one’s twenties ○ 9 pay sth in cash
○ 6 in the eighteenth century/ in the1990s ○ 8 in pencil/ English/ ink 用铅笔/英语/墨水 12.include v. 13. increase
1 ○ 0 The wall is 3meters in height/high. / The rope is 3 meters in length/long. Everyone laughed, including me. (me included.) 1) v. increase to / by 增加到/了
I have no idea why she left. / I have no idea of his address. 2. ◎ identity n 身份；同一性，一致；特性 The police are trying to discover the identity of the killer. The thief used a false identity. 4.ill adj 1) ill 与 sick 的区别 adj. 2) = bad illegally 6. imagine v. 想像 7.◎ immediately 立即 identity card=ID card He was ill/ sick. a sick mother
2) n Great demands lead to a large increase in supply. increasingly adv. 越来越多的，不断增加的 increasingly difficult/ important/ popular 15. ◎ indicate 表明；指出；预示；象征 A red sky at night often indicated fine weather the next day. In his letter, he indicated to us that he was willing to cooperate. indication 16. ◎ industry n. indication of sth / doing sth n.------ industrial adj. heavy / light industry They gave no indication of how the work should be done . 17. influence 影响；改变 ~over sb / sth under the ~ of sb / sth take immediate 18.● inform 告诉，通知 n. have a strong… ~ on/ upon sb / sth His parents no longer have any ~ over her. He committed the crime under the ~ of the drugs. v. His writings have ~d the lives of millions. inform sb. of /that make informed decision He ~d his knee playing football. There were no injuries in the crash. ~ sth in / into/ between sth
have a bad/ an ill effect on…影响不好 speak/ think ill of sb. 说某人的坏话 It is illegal to drive through a red light. I can’t imagine life without the children now. adv. He entered the country illegally.
5. ◎ illegal / legal 合法的
imagine sth. / doing sth. adv.
I can’t imagine his becoming a teacher. He answered almost immediately. Turn right immediately after the church. conj. Immediately he had gone,I remembered her name. immediate action 8. ●import 进口，输入 9. ◎ impression n. 印象 impression b) My words made no impression on her. His trip to India makes a strong impression on him. c) be under the impression that I was under the impression that the work had already been completed. impress v. impress sb with sth / sb He impressed us with his sincerity. n. the import of electrical goods. a) get a good / bad impression of sb a general / an overall v. All the meat is imported from France. adj. an immediate reaction / response
Those friends are a bad ~ on her.
We regret to inform you that your application has been rejected. keep sb. informed of 19.◎ injure v. 伤害，损害 injury n. injuries
This could seriously ~the company’s reputation. The players are out of the team because of injury. 20. ◎ insert v. 插入；嵌入 ~ sth into sth
高二英语第 21 页 共 46 页
They ~a tube in his mouth to help him breathe. He ~ed a paragraph into his will.
the job. interviewee / interviewer 32. introduce n. sailing。 n. ○ 1 introduce sb. to sb./ oneself v. 介绍；引进；提出；采用 introduction n. ○ 3 introduce new technology
1 The man insisted that he hadn’t stolen anything and that he (should) be set free. ○ ○ 2 insist on doing sth. 22. ◎ inspect v.检查；视察；检阅 inspection n. inspector The teacher walked around inspecting their work. 23. ◎ instant
○ 2 introduce sb. to sth.使初次了解 It was she who first introduced me to the pleasures of ○ 4 an introduction to English grammar 33.jam n. 堵塞；轧住 traffic jam 34.the Japanese language 35.join v. ○ 1 join the party/ army ○ 2 join sb. in sth. / doing sth. ○ 4 join hands with sb. The island is joined to the mainland by a bridge. ○ 2 have/ make a joke with sb. ○ 2 light up with joy ○ 3 join in the game ○ 5 连接 join A to B./ join A and B 36.joke 38.judge n. 玩笑 ○ 1 play a joke on sb. ○ 1 (much) to one’s joy n. 裁判；法官 ○ 2 judge by / from 37.joy n. 欢乐
n/ adj. ------ instantly adv. ~coffee / noodles At the very~, the door opened.
adj. The show was an ~success. n. I will be back in an ~. I recognized her the ~ I saw her. 24.instead adv. 代替； 反而 instead of:
Lee was ill, so I went instead. / He didn’t reply. Instead, he left. ~ sb to do She arrived at 10 o’ clock as ~ed.
Now I can walk to work instead of going by car.
25.◎ instruct v. 指导；通知；命令；教授 instruction n. follow one’s instructions 27.●intend 想要，打算 intend that be intended for sb./sth ~ of doing sth / to do sth intend (sb.)to do
The letter ~him to report to headquarters immediately. carry out / ignore one’s ~s I intend to spend the night there. 26.● insure 给…保险 vt. Have you insured the contents of your home? It is intended that these meetings will become a regular event. The book, intended for children aged 5-7,sells well. I have no ~ of going to the wedding. She is full of good ~s.
The judge sentenced him to five years in prison. 1) v. ○ 1 Don’t judge a book by its cover. 不要以貌取人 Judging by his letter, they are having a wonderful time. judgement 39.keep v. n. 判决 pass judgement on sb/ sth 通过对…的判决 ○ 1 keep (on)doing 一直做…
28.◎ intention n 意图；目的；意向；愈合 I had every~ of paying her back what I owe her. He left England with the ~ of traveling in Africa. 29.interest 1) v. interest sb. I bought the book that interested me most. I watched the game with interest. 2) n. ○ 1 兴趣（U） show /have / feel/ express (an) interest in… lose interest in… ○ 2 利益(C) 常用复数形式 protect customers’ interests ○ 3 a place of interest/ places of interest 30.◎ interpreter n. ~ sth as~ ~ for sb 31. ◎ interview v. interpret v. 解释 ，口译 Her children ~for her.
Why do you keep laughing all the time? 你为什么一直在笑? He is always keeping (on ) asking me the same question. ○ 2 keep a secret/ one’s word/ a record ○ 5 keep calm/ healthy/ left ○ 7 keep up with 跟上 keep back 抑制, ,忍住 keep away from 远离 ~ the poem 41.kind ○ 3 keep sb / sth from doing ○ 6 keep sheep 养羊 keep up (天气)持续不变 keep off 不接触 The rain kept up all afternoon. keep sth back from sb. 向某人隐瞒 Keep off grass! ○ 4 keep the door open/ her waiting/ sb. in bed/ sb. informed of…
40.the key to success 成功的关键 adj . be kind to sb. 对某人友好 kind of 稍微 有点儿 That made me feel kind of stupid. 42. go / get down on one’s knees 43.knock v. ○ 1 knock at the door 敲门 ○ 2 knock around/ about 漫游/ 虐待 If you don’t ~well , you are unlikely to get 2) n. a kind of / all kinds of
I didn’t know whether to ~ her silence as acceptance or refusal. n. a television / newspaper / radio ~
Which post are you being ~ed for?
高二英语第 22 页 共 46 页
○ 3 knock down 撞到/拆掉 44.know 逐渐了解… 45.knowledge n. 知识，学问 ○ 1 Knowledge is power. 2. lack 1) v. lack (for) sth 2. last 1) adj.
knock over 撞翻
leave the door open leave him out ○ 4 leave out 遗漏
leave her waiting for 2 hours leave him an orphan 使他成为孤儿 leave the key on the bus leave behind 把…丢在后边 leave off 不包括,不把…列入 give / deliver a lecture to sb. on… turn left/ turn to the left
v. ○ 1 know of/ about 知道 获悉 了解 ○ 2 be known for/ as ○ 3 get to know sb.
○ 3 丢下 leave sth. +介词短语 ○ 2 have a good knowledge of… L lack courage/money 3) be lacking in 缺乏… leave alone,不打扰,不碰 13. lecture n. attend a lecture 14. left adj. adv. n.
2) n. 假期 ask for a two-week leave ○ 1 make a left turn
2) n. ○ 1 a lack of money ○ 2 for lack of …因为缺乏… the last person/ thing 最不可能的、最想不到的 He’s the last person I’d trust. 2) adv. last but not least 最后但是同样重要的是 3）n． He was the last to arrive. 3. late 1) adj. ○ 1 be late for… 2) adv. ○ 1 get up late
○ 2 the money left / the remaining money 15. lend a hand to sb. / lend sb. a hand 16. length n. 17. less than… 说 No explanation was offered, still less an apology. 18. lesson n. ○ 1 take/ have lessons 上课 ○ 3 teach/ give sb. a lesson 给某人一个教训 ○ 4 draw/ take a lesson from … 从…吸取教训 19. let-let-let ○ 1 let sb. in/ out ○ 2 let sb(sth.) go \ let go of sb(sth.) 放手…放弃... ○ 4 let out 发出(叫声) let off 使… ○ 3 let alone 不打扰/不碰/更不用说 爆炸 ○ 5 let sb. down 使失望 ○ 6 let… be 别理某人 lie to sb n. 说谎 tell a lie/ tell lies vi. 位于 ; 存在 (lay-lain-lying) lie lie on your back/side There lies… 20. lie vt. 说谎 (lied-lied-lying) vi. 平躺 (lay-lain-lying) in/on/to The book lay open on the desk. lie in 在于… Success lies in hard work. ○ 2 give lessons 授课 ○ 1 The road was 32 miles in length / long ○ 1 no less than… ○ 2 more or less ○ 2 at length 最后，终于/ 详细地 ○ 3 even/ much/ still less 更不用
The last thing I want to do is homework.
4) vi.持续 The war lasted (for) 3 years. ○ 2 in the late 1970s ○ 2 late in the afternoon 傍晚
3) ○ 1 better late than never 迟到总比不到好 ○ 2 It’s never too late to mend 亡羊补牢 ○ 3 of late = lately/ recently 4. lately = recently 5. later adv. ○ 1 sooner or later ○ 2 no later than…不迟于 ○ 3 later on 后来 Much later on, she realizes what he had meant. 6. laugh v. ○ 1 laugh at… ○ 2 laugh your head off 大笑不止 ○ 2 by law 依据法律 ○ 2 lay eggs 下蛋 ○ 3 burst out laughing/ burst into laughter 7. law n. ○ 1 break/ obey/ keep the law 8. lay – laid- laid ○ 5 lay off 解雇 9.lead-led-led 10. learn- learnt-learnt 11. least adj. 12. leave ○ 3 lay aside 把…放在一边 ○ 1 lay the table 放桌子 ○ 4 lay down 放下 ○ 2 lead to sth. / doing (laid-off 下岗的) 1 lead a happy life ○ ○ 1 learn from 从…中学习,向…学习 ○ 3 learn… by heart 记住 ○ 2 not in the least 一点儿也不 ○ 2 leave + 宾语+宾补 I haven’t seen him of late.
21. life n.1)生命 (pl. lives) lose/save one’s life； lay down one’s life for sb. 为…牺牲生命 2)生活 everyday life 日常生活； 3)bring…back to life 使…更有趣； live/ lead a …life come back to life 变得活跃,苏醒过来
○ 2 learn about/ of 听说 得知 ○ 1 at (the) least
22. lift 1) n. take the lift 乘电梯； give sb. a lift 让某人搭便车 Passing the exam gave him a real lift. 他通过了考试，情绪好多了。 2）vt.举起：lift one’s eyes 抬起眼睛; He stood there with his hands lifted above his
高二英语第 23 页 共 46 页
She didn’t have the least idea what to do about it. 1) v. ○ 1 leave sp. for sp 离开…去…
head. 高兴起来：The news lifted our spirits. 23. light 1) n.光线 by the light of the moon; throw light on/ upon(把…阐述清楚) 灯 turn on/ off the lights； The light went out.灯熄灭了 2)adj. 明亮的， 浅色的，轻的 a light classroom；light blue eyes；as light as a feather；a light / sound sleep 3) vt. （lighted- lighted/ lit- lit） 24. like vt. I like it when you do that. light a candle； a lighted candle； light up
The floor was covered with a ~ of newspapers, clothes and empty cups, v. a.） Piles of books and newspapers ~ed the floor. b）. be ~ed with sth 31. little-less-least not a little 非常； more than a little Broken glass ~ed the street. 非常 Your article is ~ed with spelling mistakes.
She felt tired and more than a little worried. Little did I know about him. 我一点也不了解他。 32. live 1) v. 居住， 生活 /liv/ 为生 live life to the fullest 充实地生活； live with 与..住在一起；忍受 2) adj./adv. /laiv/ 活着的，现场直播 live 区分 living/alive/ live / lively When I reached the hospital, he was alive. keep our culture alive a lively discussion/lecture There is a limit to the amount of pain I can bear. on line 在线的，上网的；drop sb a line 给…写封 33. load 1) n. bear the load of bringing up her family alone 2) vt. 装载 load… with…: 34. long 1) adj./adv. a car loaded with goods He had left long before I arrived here. long before 很久以前 catch sb alive; He is the greatest musician living in the world live up to 符合,不辜负 broadcast live through 经历过…而活着 a live fish; a live football match; live/ lead a … life；live on 以…为生; live by doing 靠做…
would like (sb.) to do； How do you like(find) …/ What do you think of/ about… 1) prep. I, like everyone else, have read these stories. 2) feel like doing 25. ◎likely adj. more ~ worth. b. a ~ story 好像真有这回似的 26. limit n. 界限，限度 vt. 限制 a) b) 短信 The line is busy. 电话占线。 Hold the line, please. 别挂电话 28. ◎link n. a） There may be a ~ between the 2 murders. b.） to establish trade ~s with Asia v. a.） ~ A to/ with B c）. a video / satellite ~ d.） a ~ in the chain ~ A and B(together) eyes. ~ to…；without limit 无限地 lines 台词 ~ sb. to sth /doing sth：My parents limit my pocket money to 300 yuan. most ~ a. be ~ to do / that It is more than ~ that the thieves don’t know how much it is Tickets are ~ to be expensive.
27. line n. 线， 线路
before long 不久以后 We’ll come back before long. in the long run 从长远看 as long as 只要 2) v. 渴望 long for sb. /sth Lucy has longed for a brother. 35. look 1) n. 看；神情；外貌 no longer/ not any longer 不再 So long = Byebye 再见 long to do I’m longing to see you again. He didn’t like the look in her have / take a close look at;
The video cameras are ~d to a powerful computer. The English Tunnel links Britain with the rest of Europe. B）. The 2 factors are directly~ed. Exposure to ultraviolet (紫外线) light is closely ~ed to skin cancer. c.） ~ up (with sb / sth) 30. ◎litter n. a.） There will be fines to people who drop~. b）. ~ of sth The bands have ~ed up for a charity concert. 29. list n. v. make a list of… 列一个…的清单； list our ten favorite songs （列举）
2) link-v. ~ + adj. / n. You made me look a complete fool. look like look as if That looks like an interesting book. It looks as if it is going to rain.
3) v. look yourself 常用于否定句，“气色不像往常好” You’re not looking yourself today. 4) 其它短语： look one’s age
高二英语第 24 页 共 46 页
look after look down upon/on look on…as look up 36. ◎ loose
look around look forward to look out look up
look back on look into look through look up to
3. main adj.
the main road / course
4. major 1) adj. 较大的 主要的 a major road 2) n. 主修课程；专业课 主修某专业的学生 When I was at university, English was my major. In other words, I was an English major. 3) vi. 主修… I majored in English. 5. majority n. the / a majority of … The / A majority of people interviewed prefer TV to radio. d. )~ soil 6. make v. 1) 制造 做 make sth. into…把…制成… be made into make sth. (out) of… --- be make of… from… 2) make coffee/tea 煮咖啡/沏茶; make the bed 铺床 3) make yourself heard/ understand (使你自己被听到/理解) make sb do sth----sb be made to do (使某人做某事) She made him her assistant. (任命) 4)link-v 成为 She will make a good mother. 5) make money/ a fortune/ a living 6) make it 获得成功;幸免于难,渡过难关;准时到达;能够出席到场 He will never really make it as an actor. 作为演员他永远不会真正的成功. The doctors think he’s going to make it. 医生们认为他能挺过去. 8) make out 辨别清楚; 理解,明白 This room would make a nice office. make sth. from… --- be made
adj. a.) She usually wears her hair ~. c.) a ~ shirt hang / stay ~
The potatoes were sold ~ not in bags. b.) The sheep were ~ on the road. He cuts himself ~ from his family. let sb / sth ~ Let her hair ~ a lost /missing boy e.) a ~ alliance/ coalition / federation f.) break / tear / cut sb / sth ~ from sb / sth
37．lose –lost-lost v. 丢失 失去 输掉 （钟表）走慢 be lost/gone/missing lose the game；lose weight；lose one’s way； lose oneself in/ be lost in Lost in thought, he didn’t notice me. This clock loses/gains(走快)two minutes a day. loss n. 38. lot be at a loss 不知所措； suffer much /great loss The loss of his only son made him sad. n. a lot of = lots of parking lot 停车场 Thanks a lot 修饰比较级 I’m feeling a lot better now. a lot adv. 很，非常 39. 区分 loud/aloud/ loudly loud adj. in a loud voice adv. To make us hear more clearly, the teacher spoke louder. aloud adv. read aloud. Don’t read it silently. loudly adv. She screamed as loudly as she could. 40. ◎ lucky adj. be ~ to do / (for sb)that He is ~ to be alive. She was ~enough to be chosen for the team. You were ~ that you spotted the danger in time. It was ~for us that we were able to go. You will be lucky. 但愿你走运。 M 1. mad adj. 发疯的；生气的； 2. mail n./ vt. drive sb. mad/crazy； go mad/crazy； be mad at/ with sb. about …因…和…生气 send a letter by mail /post; mail sth to sb/ mail sb sth Lucky you .你真走运。
I’m sorry I won’t be able to make it on Sunday. 很抱歉, 星期天我不能到场. 7) make the most of… 充分利用 I could just made out a figure in the darkness. I can’t make out what she wants. 9) make up 组成; 编造; 补上(for);化妆; 和好 Can I leave early this afternoon and make up the time tomorrow? 我今天下午早点儿走,明天补上这段时间,可以吗? Has he made up with her yet? 他跟她和好了吗? 7.manage v. 经营,管理;设法完成 management manage a factory; manager manage to do = succeed in doing
8. manner n. 1）方式，方法；态度，举止 in a friendly manner 友好的态度 2）礼貌，礼仪 （常用复数形式） table manners 餐桌礼仪 It’s good /bad manners to do sth 做某事有礼貌/没礼貌 9.march 1) vt./vi. 行军,行进 march on Washington DC 向华盛顿进军 2) n. on the march 在行军中
高二英语第 25 页 共 46 页
1) v. 标记; 打分,评成绩; 纪念, 庆贺, 标志着 the goods marked with prices; I hate marking exam papers a ceremony to mark the 60th anniversary of the foundation of China. His death marked the end of an era(时代). 2)n. 成绩,分数;记号; get a low/high mark get full marks make a mark
vt. 1) 打算,意欲 mean to do 2) 意味着,意思是… 么意思?
mean sb to do
be meant to do/for The chairs are meant for guests.
His mother meant him to be an engineer. mean (doing) sth Money means nothing for him.
What do you mean by that? 你说那个是什 2) n. in the meanwhile 同时 The main bedroom measuring 12m by 15m take measures to do…采取措施 have a medical
11. marry v.结婚 某人
marry sb 娶/嫁给某人
marry sb. to sb 把某人嫁给
18. meanwhile 1) adv. 同时=at the same time 19. measure 1) vt. 测量; 有…长/宽 The main bedroom measures 12m by 15m. is mine. 2) n. 尺寸;措施 examination
He has gone to be measured for a new suit.
get/be married to sb 与某人结婚； 12. mass n. 团,块,大量 13. master
has/have been married for 2 years. the masses 群众 the master of one’s own future 自己未来
a mass of / masses of；
a mass of cloud 一朵云彩/ masses of clouds 朵朵云彩 1）n． 主人；能手； 硕士学位 的主人； get one’s master’s degree 2）vt. 精通,掌握,控制 14. match –matches 1) 比赛;火柴;匹敌的人,对手;匹配的人/物 一盒火柴 I was no match for him at tennis. 打网球我不是他的对手 I’m his match at tennis. 打网球我跟他难分伯仲 The curtains and carpet are a good match.窗帘和地毯非常相配。 2) vt.配对,匹配;匹敌 区分 fit / match /suit 15. material n. c/u 材料;布料 a piece of material 一块布料; reading/building materials 阅读 /建筑材料 16. matter 1) v. 要紧,有关系 It is the ability to do the job that matters not where you come from or what you are. The children matter more to her than anything else in the world. 2)物质 (U) Air is matter。 问题，毛病 What’s the matter with… It’s a matter of money. as a matter of fact 情况,事态（matters）to make matters worse=what’s worse / worse still 更糟糕的是 关键；关乎…的事情 It’s a matter of… 17. mean adj. 小气的,刻薄的 be mean with money 花钱吝啬 be mean to sb 对某人刻薄 match A with B No one can match him in maths. strike a match 划火柴 a box of matches master a foreign language; master her temper
make sth to one’s measure 量体裁衣;
20. take/ have some medicine;
practice medicine 行 医
Good medicine is better in the mouth.良药苦口 21.meet 1) n. 体育比赛 a sports meet That’s where the river meets the sea. meet with sb 与…相遇 2)v. 相遇；连接；会面；迎接；满足 meet one’s needs/ demands make ends meet 收支相抵
22. memory n. 记忆力 have a good /bad memory; in memory of…作为对…的纪念 回忆,记忆 bring back my childhood memories 23.mention v 24. ◎mercy ---Thank you. n.怜悯，宽恕 ---Don’t mention it. not to mention …更不用说 throw oneself on one’s mercy 请求某人的宽恕
show mercy to sb/have mercy to sb 对某人怜悯 The boat is at the mercy of the wild waves. 在…掌握中；任…摆布 25. merely=only adv. 仅仅，只不过 1).The room was in a mess. 4).You are messing my hair.(弄乱) 1). I left a message on your answering phone. 3).What’s the message of the 26. ●mess messy 凌乱，杂乱，不整洁 2).The kids made a mess in the kitchen. 3).There’s a mess of fish down there.= a lot of 5).The divorce was painful and messy.(纠结不清) 27. ●message 消息， 口信， 要旨， 明白， 理解 film? 4).When he started looking at his watch, I got the message and left. 5).He can’t get his message across. 2).Jenny isn’t here at the moment. Can I take a message ?
高二英语第 26 页 共 46 页
28. method n. 方法 29. mind v./n.
with the method=in this way=by the means 用这种方法 Out of sight, out of mind. 记在心里 have… in mind mind doing… 当心，注意 Never mind. 没关系，无所谓 …你介意吗？ 介意，烦恼… 眼不见，心不烦。
37. must n. 必须的事 1.name n. 名字，名气 by name 用名字
A knowledge of English is a must in international trade and meetings. N v. 命名 享有盛名 名叫…的 She asked for you by name. by the name of=named… 取名 任命 险胜
make up one’s mind to do … 下定决心做；
change one’s mind 改变主意 keep/bear…in mind=remember have…on one’s mind sth. come/spring to mind 担心，挂念
She first made her name as a writer of children’s books. 出名 enjoy a good name
in God’s/Heaven’s name=in the name of God/Heaven 究竟，到底，看在上帝的份上 in the name of… 为… ，再…名下 be named after a boy named…/naming himself… 名叫 namely =that is… 即，也就是说… 2.narrow/narrowly adj./adv. 狭窄的，勉强的, v. 缩小 be beaten narrowly 差点儿， 以毫厘之差 She escaped injury narrowly. The tiger is native to India. almost everyone 5. necessary adj. 险些 原产于 3. native adj. 出生的，当地的 n. 当地人 4.nearly/almost adv. 几乎，差不多 a narrow victory She has a very narrow view of the world. 狭隘的 in the narrow/broad sense a native of London 当地人 狭义/广义上 母语 my native language-mother tongue I have worked here for nearly 10 years. name him (as) captain
Mind your steps！= watch=be careful of… Mind your own business！ 别管闲事
—Do you mind if I do…/Would you mind if I did…？ —Yes, but I do/you’d better not. 30. mirror n. 镜子 look into the mirror 照镜子
No, of course not/not at all.
Dickens’s novels are a mirror of his times. 写照 31. miss v./n. 错过, 想念 She threw a plate at him and only narrowly missed. My mind wasn’t on what he was doing, so I’m afraid I missed half of it. The hotel is the only white building on the road—you can’t miss it. miss the point 不懂 be missing/gone/lost miss doing…= avoid sth. unpleasant 避开（坏事） adj. 找不见的，失踪的 n./v. 错误，犯错 make a mistake 犯错误； 比较：It is not my fault. 这不是我的错。 mixed doubles 请稍候。 目前， 混合双打 by mistake 错误地 混合，混合物 混杂的感受 The gun fired but the bird missed being killed. 32.mistake (mistook, mistaken)
几乎所有人 not nearly=much less than=not at all=far from 远非，绝不是 必要的，必须的 It is necessary for sb. to do… It is necessary that …(should)…
There isn’t nearly enough time to get there now. If (it is) necessary, you can call on me. 6. neck n. 颈，脖子 7. need v./n. 需要 a round-necked sweater 一件圆领毛衣 They badly need a change. There is no need for sb. to do/have no need to do… 没有必要做… There is no need for you to get up early tomorrow. I have no need to open the letter. if need be=if necessary in need of 需要 如果有必要/需要 I am in need of some fresh air.
mistake A for B 误将 A 当成 B 33. mix mix up 34. moment 暂时 for a moment/a few moments 一…就… 35. more，most 36. ●mourn 一会儿 v./n. n. 混合 mixture n. mixed feelings
neck and neck （with…） 比赛中势均力敌，不分上下
be mistaken （about…） 错误的（常作表语） 弄错，弄乱
One moment, please. 现在，那时（正）
at the(very) moment=now/then
for the moment/present
the moment=as soon as=immediately=directly at (the) most 至多，不超过
There is always food in the freezer if need be. 8. neither pron. 两者都不
more or less 或多或少，几乎
They produced two reports, neither of which contained any useful suggestions. neither…nor… 9. noise voice
高二英语第 27 页 共 46 页
what’s more=besides=in addition=moreover vt/vi 哀痛；哀悼
或…或… noisy adj.
1). He was still mourning his brother’s death.
n. 噪音 We had to shout above the noise of traffic.
2).Today, we mourn for those who lost their lives in the two world wars.
n. 嗓音 in a low/high voice 高声地/低声的; She has a good voice.
sound n. 声音 Light travels much faster than sound. 10.normal adj. 正常的 n. 正常 normally adv. above /below normal common 常见的，共同的 It’s normal to feel tired after such a long trip. normal temperature return to normal/get back to normal 恢复正常 ordinary 普通的(average) usual 通常的 11. nose 12. nothing 与…无关 nothing but=just 仅仅，只不过 I want nothing but the best for my children. anything but 绝不 The hotel was anything but cheap. There is nothing in what he said.不可靠， 不真实 There is nothing to it.=It’s very easy. 很容易 13. notice n. 注意 v. 注意到 come to my notice take notice of=pay attention to 公告，通知 notice sb/sth. do/doing/done 注意 Don’t take any notice of what you read in the papers. 让我看到 put up a notice The bar is closed until further notice. 另行通知 14. now (that) =since 既然 15. nowhere adv. 无处 (every) now and then/again=from time to time 不时地 The discussion got nowhere this morning. nowhere to be found/seen/in sight 不可能找到 O 1. object n. 物品，宾语 v. 不同意 everyday objects 日常物品 objective adj. 客观的 her object in life=aim 目标 object to n./doing… 反对；不同意 My ticket is nowhere to be found. Nowhere in the world other than Britain can you experience four seasons in a single day. n. 鼻子
3. ●obtain vt/vi 获得；得到；存在 2).These customs no longer obtain.
4. ◎ occupy v.居住；占有，占用（时，空） ；占领 The house is occupied. …有人住 The dinner occupied 2 hours. The bathroom is occupied. …有人用 Many anxieties occupied his mind.
a common mistake 常见错误；common sense 常识；common practice 习惯做法 ordinary-looking 相貌平平的 as usual 和往常一样 than usual 比往常更 a running/runny nose 流鼻涕的鼻子 for nothing=for free 免费的 have nothing to do with
occupy oneself with sth/in doing sth 忙于某事 5. ●occur vi (occurred, occurred) - happen 发生 1).When exactly did the accident occur? 2). Sth occurred to/hit/struck sb. 出现在头脑中，被想到 dream. 3).It occurred to me that I had left my keys in the room. 6. offer n./v. 主动提议 offer sb. sth./sth. to sb. 主动给 Thanks for your kind offer of help. 7. office n. 办公室，办公楼 officer n. 警官，军官 hold office 占据要职 The present government took office in 1997. 开始执 office building/block 办公大楼 in office/out of office 任职/离职 政 8. official adj. 官方的，正式的 n. 高级官员 an official affair 公务 all at once=suddenly 突然 at once 立即，同时 conj. 一旦 the official language 官方语言 9. once adv. 一次 offer to do… 提出做 provide sb. with sth./provide sth. for sb. It didn’t occur to her to ask for help. He offered 5000 dollars for the car. 出价 The idea occurred to him in a
supply sb. with sth./supply sth. to sb.
Now that the guests left ,we’ve got a lot of extra space. It is now or never. 机不可失 go/get no where/get sb. nowhere 毫无进展
(just) for once/just this once 仅此一次 Once bitten, twice shy. 一朝被蛇咬，十年怕井绳。 once upon a time 从前，很久以前 10. one 11. oneself one by one 逐个的 of oneself 自动地 once more=once again 再一次 (every) once in a while 偶尔，间或 for oneself 亲自 （all） by oneself 独自 Help yourself to some fish. 随便吃
one after another 一个接一个 one another 相互
Many local people objected to building the new airport. 2. ◎ observe v.观察，监视，观测
talk to oneself=think aloud 自言自语 enjoy oneself 玩得开心 I am not myself today. 身体不舒服 12. only adv./adj 仅仅 I am an only child. 独生子 only to do… （意想不到的）结果... b).开放，展开 c).空缺的职位 d). 开始，开端
observe sb do sth 观察某人做某事； observe sb doing sth 观察某人在做某事 observe sth done 观察某事被做 observe the law 遵守… observed Christmas Day/one’s birthday 庆祝…
not only … but (also) … 13. ●opening
高二英语第 28 页 共 46 页
1).There are several openings in the sales department .
21. other/another/the other/others/the others other than=except (for)=besides 除了 We’re going away in June but other than that I will be here all summer.
2).The movie has an exciting opening . 3).Have you attended the opening of the Olympic Games ? 4).We could see the stars through an opening in the roof . a flower . Opening hours/time(营业时间) 14. operate v. 操作，手术 操作系统 operate on a patient 给病人手术 operation n. 操作，手术 operating table 手术台 in operation 工作中 his opening remarks (他的开场白) operating system （计算机） operate a computer 操作电脑 5).It’s nice to see the opening of
the other day/week 前几天，前几周 another day/time 22. otherwise=or (else) Do it otherwise, please. = in another way 以另一种方式 or otherwise 或其他情况 23.out adv. 外 run out 用尽 24. over prep. adv.
We’ll get there by train or otherwise.
out of luck 不走运 out of sight 看不见 one out of four 四分之一 outdoor activities 户外运动 eat outdoors 野餐 take over 接管 get over 克服 overcome the enemy (all ) over again 重新 over=more than 超过 over dinner/a coffee 在…期间
The new rules will come into operation from next week. 开始工作，生效 put sth. into operation/practice 实施 15. ●oppose 这项法律。 3).be opposed to sth/doing sth abroad. 4).200 attended, as opposed to 300 the previous year .(相对于) 16. opposite adj. adv. 相反的/地，相对的/地 have the opposite opinion 持相反的观点 the opposite of heavy 反义词 There is a shop opposite our school. 17. ◎optimistic about… 18. or conj. 或者 or=or else=otherwise 否则 either…or…或…或… Hurry, or you will be late.(-otherwise) in/out of order 有序/有毛病 or so 大约 Hurry or else we will be late. 19. order n. 安排，顺序 v. 命令 a.乐观的 take an optimistic view 抱有乐观的想法 be optimistic She was/remained bitterly opposed to the idea of moving 1).oppose sth 他反对我出国的计划。 2).oppose doing sth 我反对改变
over and again 反复地 25. ◎ overcome v.战胜，克服
overcome financial problems/a bad habit be overcome with (anger/sorrow) 极其/非常（生气/悲伤） 26. ●overlook 不注意，没注意到，俯瞰，监督指导 1).He seems to have overlooked one important fact . 2).This is a restaurant ________the lake. 3).She has been overlooked for promotion several times. 27. ●owe 3).owe it to sb that 我的成功归功于你的帮助。_______________________________________________. 4).owing to =because of 28. own adj. 自己的 v. 拥有 owner n. ownership n. I don’t own anything of any value. P 1. ◎ pack n.包，捆； （猎犬、野兽等的）一群 a pack of cigarettes/clothes a pack of thieves v. （为运输或储存而）打包 pack sth away 收拾起来放好 pack sth (up) 将…包/捆起来 a car of my own/my own car 我自己的车 He did it on his own 独立地，单独地 1).owe sb sth =owe sth to sb 我认为你还欠我一个解释/道歉/答复。 2).他把自己的成功归功于努力的结果。_________________________________________.
whether…or/or not… 无论…还是（不）… in order of time 按时间顺序 order that…(should)… 命令 place an order for 订购 May I take your order? 点菜 20. organise/organize v. 组织
order to do/for sb. to do… 命令，指挥 in order to do …/that… 为了 order a dish/a car organisation n. 组织
pack sth/sb into sth 使…挤进… The room was packed with people. They packed into a tiny car.
高二英语第 29 页 共 46 页
a well-organised trip 有组织的，有系统的
2. pain n. 疼痛 left foot.
pains n. 苦功，大力气
His neck is in pain.
、He has a bad pain in his
15. pay (paid, paid) v. 支付 3) pay back month.
n. 工资 4) pay a visit to
1）pay (sb) … for sth 5) get paid
2) pay off
The workers get paid by the
pleasures and pains 苦与乐 3. pale: go pale. 4. ●panic n/v
No pains, no gains. 不劳不获。 1).There’s no panic. 5).The gunfire panicked my horse . go through the
16. people n. (c) 人们；民族；人民 panicked panicking 3).There’s no point getting into panic about the exams . a sheet /piece of paper
1）people of all walks of life 各界人士
2) The Chinese are a hard –working people. 3) He lived for the people and died for the people. 17. percent n. 百分之….. 70 percent of the students are… 18. ●perform v. 表演，履行，行动，运作 1).She performs an important role in our organization. 2).This operation has never been performed in this country. 3).A computer can perform many tasks at once . 4).The play was first performed in 1987. vt/vi 分开；分离 5).The company has been performing poorly over the past year . performer 19. ◎permission 某人许可 performance n.允许，许可，同意 ask/request/apply for permission 申请许可 with/without one’s permission （未）经 n. 许可证
2).They were in a state of panic.
4).I panicked when I saw smoke coming out of my house. 5. paper n (u) /(c) 纸；报纸；论文；试卷 papers 6. park n (c) 公园 停车场 7. part n 部分；成分；角色；零件 play/act a part in 8. ●participate v 参加，参与 9. ●particular adj 特殊的 adj. 部分的
vt. 停放 （车辆 飞机等） 1) Can we park the car here? 2) a parking lot
a part-time teacher Participant 参与者 particularly adv in particular 特别 尤其
1) He tried to part the two men who were fighting. (vt.) She didn’t participate in the discussion. be particular about 对…..挑剔 He stressed the point in particular.
2) They two parted at the gate. participation 参与
get/obtain/receive permission 获得批准 20. permit (permitted, permitting)
1). We must pay particular attention to the point .
permit sth/doing sth office.
permit sb to do 2).We don’t permit _______(smoke) in the I’ll come tomorrow, weather _________. 5). Do you have a parking ___________?(执照)
2).She is very particular ______her clothes .(对….挑剔) 3).He loves science fiction ______particular .(尤其) 4).The nurse asked me for my particulars .(个人资料) 10. ●partly adv 部分地， 在一定程度上 1).The road is partly finished. 2).I didn’t enjoy the trip very much , partly because of the weather. 3).He was only partly responsible for the accident. 11. pass vt. 传递 经过 通过 n. 过去 prep. 过 in the past He is past sixty pass away 去世 adv. 经过 pass by 经过 路过 12. past adj 过去的； 前任的 a past president (前任总统) run/ walk past
1).Cell phones are not ______in our school. 3).I’ll come tomorrow, if weather _______. 4).She took my bike without ___________.
21. ◎ personal a. (belonging or relating to one particular person, rather than to other people) one's personal view/opinion 个人观点 personal possessions/property/belongings 私人物品/ 财产/所有物 for personal use 供个人使用 personal experience 亲身经历 22. ◎ persuade v.说服，劝说 persuade sb to sth=persuade sb into doing sth persuade sb not to do sth=persuade sb out of doing 使相信 I persuaded him of the truth.=I persuaded him that it was true. I am persuaded of his innocence.=I am persuaded that he is innocent.
高二英语第 30 页 共 46 页
take a personal interest in sth 私下对某物感兴趣
13. ◎patience n.容忍；耐心 have (no) patience with sb （不）能宽恕 lose one’s patience with sb; be out of patience with sb 对某人失去耐心 14. patient n.病人 adj.耐心的 be patient with
23. ◎ physical a.身体的，物理的 体训练 a physical examination 体检 the physical world 物质世界 24. pick v. 采集，挑选 pick out 选出，辨认出
physical education 体育 physical labor 体力劳动 a physical change 物理变化 pick up
physical training 身
3) a poor memory
4) be poor in health
31. popular adj. 流行的；受欢迎的；大众的；通俗的 The book is popular with children.受某人欢迎 They sell the computers at popular prices 32. population n. 人口；数量 The population of the city is increasing. have a population of 数字… 有……人口 33. ●possess vt license. 2).I’m afraid he doesn’t possess a sense of humor . 4).The gang was caught in _____of stolen goods. 5).On his father’s death, she came into possession of a vast fortune. take possession of Tom 1）have /take pity on 2) What a pity! 3) out of 3) make personal possessions 个人财产 34. ◎possibility vt. /n 计划 1) plan to do sth 2) plan for the future pleased adj. 高兴的 满意的 pleasant adj. 令人愉快的 2) Come and stay as long as you There is no possibility that she will make a full recovery. He refused to rule out the possibility of a tax increase. All prices include postage and packing. 35. possible adj. possibly possible. 36. potato n. 土豆 4) There was a _______ look on his face. 1) the boiling /freezing point 4) one’s stront points and weak points v. 指，指向 point to potatoes (tomatoes heroes) The rain is pouring down. 37. pour v. 倒 ；倾泻；不断流出；大量涌来 Reports of successes keep pouring in. 捷报频传 The students poured out of / into the dinning hall.涌入/涌出 38. power n. 能力， 动力， 权利，电力 in power 执政 come into power 上台执政 根据国际惯例 power failure 停电 beyond one’s power 超出能力范围 power station 发电站 39. practice n. 实践；练习；惯例 ※ off the point 离题 to the point 切题 2) a poor fellow according to the international practice practise doing sth
高二英语第 31 页 共 46 页
Popular songs/science Seventy percent of the population are workers.
pick apples 短语：pick on sb. 找某人的茬儿
have a large /small population 人口多、少
1) She soon picked up some French while she was staying in Paris. 2) My radio can pick up VOA very clearly. 3) He picked up many bad habits while in prison. 4) At the next corner, the bus stopped and picked up three more people. 5) Her health soon picked up after a few days’ rest. 25. ●pin n/v pinned pinning v. n.(c) 别针 2).A message had been pinned to the notice board. 1).a diamond pin 一枚钻石胸针 a note pinned to the door 26. pity n. 怜悯，同情；可惜 pity 27. plan (planned, planning) a plan for 28. please v. 请；使 高兴；喜欢 愿意 pleasure n. ________. 3) We are ________ with his work. 5) a pleasant surprise 29. point n, 点；分数；要点；特征；意义 3) That’s the point _____ I want to make. /at /out 30. poor (poorer, poorest) adj 贫穷的；贫瘠的；可怜的；差的 1) be poor /rich in natural resources 2) He reached a point in his career _____ she needed to decide what to do. 5) There is no point (in) doing sth. 这样做毫无意义。 高兴 愉快
1).He was charged with possessing a shotgun without a 3).A terrible fear possessed her.
Tom is in possession of the house.= The house is in the possession of
as 形容词/副词 as possible 尽可能… if (it is )possible 如果可能 I’ll go with you if
Please write to me as soon as possible.
1) The performance ________ the audience.
Practice makes perfect。熟能生巧
40. practise v. (美 practice) 练习；实践；从事 practise medicine/law 行医/当律师
41. ●pray v.
prayer n 祷告，祈祷的内容
1).They knelt down and prayed .
48.◎pressure 压力；心理压力；紧张；承受着某事的压力 She was unable to attend because of the pressure of the work. pressure sb into sth/doing sth Don’t let yourself be pressured into making a hasty decision. 不要勉强自己仓促做决定。 under pressure 被迫 The director is under increasing pressure to resign. The team performs well under pressure. 49. pretend v. pretend to do 50. ●prevent vt 预防，阻止 1). Prevent sb/sth from doing Nothing would prevent him from speaking out against injustice.
air / water pressure
2).She prayed to God for an ending to her sufferings. 3).We prayed that she would recover from her illness. 4).We are praying for good weather on Saturday. 5).My prayer is that one day he will walk again. 42. ●predict v 预言，预见 1).Nobody can predict the outcome. 2).It is impossible to predict what will happen. 3).She predicted that the election result would be close. 43. ●preference n 1).Many people expressed a strong preference for the original plan. 2).give (a) preference to sb/sth 给….以优惠或优待 Preference should be given to graduates of this university. She was chosen in preference to her sister. 44. prepare vt. 准备，使…做准备 prepare to do sth 准备干 prepare a piece of paper for the diction 为…准备… prepare sb for sth 使某人为…做准备 make preparations for 为…做准备 The teacher prepared the students for the n.礼物 v. 呈现；介绍；赠送 3). in preference to 而不是
2).Prevention is better than cure. 3).We should take some preventive action to avoid the diseases. 51. price n. 价格；代价 at any price 52. prison n. prisoner n. mental processes 思维过程 at a high /low price at a price of two dollars per kilo 不惜一切代价 take sb prisoner 俘虏某人 We’re in the process of selling our house. 正在
be (well) prepared for sth/to do sth （表状态） in preparation for 为…做准备 (作状语) exam. 45. present adj. 现在的；出席的；在场的 be present at the meeting
53.◎process 过程；步骤，流程；工序，工艺流程；加工，处理；冲印 the ageing process 老化过程 It’s a normal part of the learning process. 那是学习过程中的 正常现象。 manufacturing processes 制造方法 加工过 processed cheese 加工好的奶酪 I sent three rolls of film away to be processed. 我送了三个胶卷去冲印。 It will take a week for your application to be processed .审核你的申请需要一周的时间。 54.◎ product 产品，制品；结果，产物 The child is the product of a broken home. car production meat product 这孩子是一个破裂家庭的产儿。 Most of the food we buy is processed in some way.
He presented the report to the headmaster.
46. ●preserve v 保持，保存，保护，维持，维护，保养，保鲜 1).He was anxious to preserve his reputation. 2).Efforts to preserve the peace have failed. 3).This is a perfectly preserved 14th-century house. 4).Is she really 60? She’s remarkably well preserved. 5).The vegetables should be preserved in the fridge. 6).The society was set up to preserve endangered species from extinction. 47. ●press v/n 压，按,贴，催促 新闻界，出版社 1).The story was reported in the press and on television. 2).The press was/were not allowed to attend the trial. 3).The dictionary was published in Oxford University Press. 4).She pressed her face against the window. 5).They are pressing us to make a quick decision.
Production 生产，制造；产量；上映，上演，播出，制作 a decline / an increase in production a new production of “King Lear” He wants a career in film production.他想从事电影制作。 55. ◎ profit make a profit 获利 The company made a health profit on the deal. at a profit 可以获利
高二英语第 32 页 共 46 页
We should be able to sell the house at a profit.
profit by / from sth 获益，得到好处；对某人有益 Farmers are profiting from the new law. Many local people believe the development will profit them. 56. progress n. 进步；进展 (不可数) make much/ great/ rapid / in progress 在进行中 57. ●prohibit vt 禁止，阻止 prohibition 禁令 =ban 58. promise c/n 诺言 v. 许诺；有…可能 1) make /keep/ carry out / break a promise 2) This year promises to be another good one for harvests.（有望成为） 3) a promising pianist (有前途的) 1).policies to promote economic growth promotion n 4) A heavy snow promises a good harvest.瑞雪兆丰年 59. ●promote vt 促进，宣传，提升 60. protect v.保护 2).The band has gone on tour to promote their new album. protect sb/sth from (against) … v. 进展；进行 progress in sth 在某方面取得很大进步 Work on the new road is progressing slowly. prohibit sth prohibit sb from doing sth
扑灭 put up 张贴，举起，搭起 67. ◎ puzzle puzzle over / about sth 1. quality 2. quantity put up with 忍受 puzzling/ puzzled
What puzzles me is why he left the country without telling anyone. 苦苦思索，仔细琢磨 Q n. 质量；品质；性格 n. 数量 a watch of high quality a large quantity of = large quantities of+ 可数名词、不可数名词
In the past, the citizens were prohibited from traveling abroad.
Large quantities of water are polluted in that area. A large quantity of water is badly needed here. 3. question vt. 提问，询问，质问 n. 问题，疑问 out of question 没问题 out of the question 不可能 1).If I don’t get more money, I’ll quit . 3).I’ve quit smoking. He was questioned by the police. 4. ●quit quit quit quitted quitted 4).We decided it was time to quit the city. R 1. raise vt. 使升高，提高，举起，筹措，饲养，抚养 2) raise money 筹集钱 1) raise one’s hand/ voice 举起手、抬高声音 3) I was raised by my aunt on the farm. 2. ●range n/v 1).We offer a full range of activities for children. 2).It’s difficult to find a house in our price range. 3).She has had a number of different jobs, _______(range)from cook to teacher. 3. ◎rank 把什么分等级;等级，级别；军衔 top-ranked players 一流的选手 在她事业的顶峰时期，她排名 He was ranked second in his age group. 他在他的年龄段排名第二。 At the height of her career, she ranked second in the world. 世界第二。 She was not used to mixing with people of high social rank. 她不习惯和社会地位很高的人搅 合在一起。 officers of junior/ senior rank 有低级/高级军衔的军官 画家 4. reach vt. 到达；伸手（脚等）够； （声音）传到 n. 得出结论 beyond (out of ) reach 在够不着的地方 within one’s reach 在够得着的地方 reach （one’s hand） for 伸手够… reach a conclusion a painter of the first rank 一流的
2).He quit the show last year because of bad health.
We wear sunglasses in summer to protect our eyes from the sunlight. under one’s protection 在某人的保护下 61. proud pride 62. prove adj.骄傲的，自豪的，傲气的 n.骄傲，自豪, 自尊心 link.v 证明是(无被动) be proud of take pride in vt. 证明
1) The task proved (to be) more difficult than we’d thought. 2) He proved himself (to be) a better driver. 63. provide 64. pull vt. 提 供 provide sth for sb /provide sb with sth n. 拉力，引力 1).They purchased the car for 1 million dollars. put aside 把… 放在一边； 储存 Providing/provided that… v. 拉，拖，吸引 pull down 拆毁 pull in （火车等）进站 pull out 拔出，出站
65. ●purchase v/n 购买/购买的东西 66. put vt. (put, put ) put forward 提出
2).If you are not satisfied with your purchases , we’ll give you a full refund .(全额退款) put away 把 收藏起来 put off 推迟 put on 穿上；上演（戏剧等） put out
高二英语第 33 页 共 46 页
5. read v. 读，理解，写有，读数为 2) I can’t read his mind/eyes.读懂 为 30 度。 6. realise vt. 实现；意识到 7. reason 做） reason with sb 和某人理论 8. receive vt 收到 9. recognize /recognise vt. 认出，承认 recognize sb/sth as (to be) 承认….是
1) The sign on the wall reads “No Smoking”. 3) The themometer reads 30 degrees. 温度计读数 realise one’s dream reason sb into /out of doing 说服某人做 （不 The reason why……. is that….. 受到好评
15. refuse vt&vi 拒绝 16. regard vt 认为；把…看作
~ sth/ to do n 尊重；问候(常用复数)
~ sb/sth as n/adj. 认为某人、某物是…… Please give my best ~s to your family. 代我向你家人问好 17.●regardless ~ one’s mistakes 是….. 19. regular adj 有规则的；有规律的；经常的；定期的；固定的 regularly adv a ~ meeting 定期的会议 20.●reject suggestion reject somebody 不录用，拒绝接纳 to. We'd recommend you to book your flight 21.●relate 联系；把……联系起来 relate to something/somebody 理解 it is recommended Scotland. Many adults can't relate to children. 22. relation n. 关系；亲戚 23. ◎ relax 放松，轻松；放心，宽慰 yourself. I’ll relax when I know you are safe. 24. ◎ reliable a reliable friend Our information comes from a reliable source. 消息来源可靠 We are looking for someone who is reliable and hard-working. 25. ◎relief 济难民 reflect that… 26. ◎rely rely on These days we rely heavily on computers to organize our work. rely on it that… a sense of relief breathe a sigh of relief 如释重负松了口气 provide relief for refugees 救 much to one’s relief the relief of suffering 痛苦的消除 relative adj.有关的；相对的； n.亲戚 A be relative to B A 与 B 有关 You have been working too hard. You need to relax ~ one’s health ~ from one’s illness the ~ between cause and effect 因果之间的关系 relate A to B The second paragraph relates to the situation in In the future, pay increases will be related to productivity. I've been rejected by all the universities I applied recommend (that)… I recommend (that) he see a He visited me regularly. reject something 拒绝接受 reject an argument/a claim/a decision/an offer/a The weather was terrible but we carried on regardless. vt&n 后悔; 抱歉；惋惜 ~ doing/ ~ to do to one’s ~ 让某人遗憾的 18. regret (regretted-regretted-regretting) the reason for sth receive a letter The play was well received. recognize sb./one’s voice n. 理由， 原因 v. 劝说， 评理
receive a good education/ a warm welcome
10.●recommend 推荐；劝告，建议 recommend somebody/something Can you recommend a good hotel? lawyer. recommend somebody to do something early . recommend (somebody) doing something He recommended reading the book before seeing the movie. that… It is strongly recommended that the machines should be checked every year 11. recover vt 找回；痊愈；恢复 ~ his lost bike 12. reduce vt /vi 减少， 缩小, 使成…状态 Hunger ~d him to stealing.饥饿使他开始偷东西。 13. refer (referred-referred-referring) ~ to a dictionary 14.●.reflect 反映；映出；反射 refer to 提及；参考，查阅；涉及 reflect somebody/something (in something) reflect something The man referred to is a famous writer. ~ the price by 10 percent.价格降低了 10percent。
She could see herself reflected in his eyes. His music reflects his interest in African culture reflect on/upon something 认真思考，反思
This material absorbs the sound, and doesn't reflect it.
She was left to reflect on the implications of her decision. On the way home he reflected that the interview had gone well.
You can rely on me to keep your secret.
高二英语第 34 页 共 46 页
27. remain vi. 剩下，留下；仍然是（无被动） remain adj/ adv/ n/ prep/分词/to be done It ~s to be seen whether he will win the game. The work ~s undone. 28. remember vt. 想起；记住 29.◎remove
Much food remained. Much ~s to be done. He ~s a doctor / young / standing there.
resign doing something 听任， 只好接受 We had to resign ourselves to making a loss on the sale. 40. respect 在各方面 41. rest n&v 休息，停止；the ~其余的，剩余的 The ~ of the money was given away to the poor. 42. result accident. The accident ~ed from the driver’s carelessness. 43. return vi. 返回 vt. 归还，回报 n. 归来，回报 ~ sth to sb= return sb sth Many happy ~s of the day! （生日祝福语）生日快乐！ ~ to China from abroad I gave him an apple and he gave me a peach in ~. ~ one’s lessons book review 书评 n.结果，成绩 vi. He was late as a ~ of the snow. 由于、因为… The driver’s carelessness ~ed in the It snowed heavily. As a ~, he was late. 因此 take / have a ~ vt.尊敬; 尊重 n.尊敬; 方面 have ~ for sb=show ~ to sb in all ~s=in every ~
remaining adj. 剩余的 the remaining time remember to do / doing
Please ~ me to your mother.代我向你母亲问好 He removed his hand from her shoulder. 拿开，移走 remove one’s shoes/ coat 脱下 remove one’s doubt 打消某人的疑虑 remove one’s eyes from the picture 把目光从画上移开 remove the family to 把家搬到。 。 。 remove the dirt from the door 清除，去掉 30.◎rent 31. repair
remove a student from school 将一个学生开除出学校 The house rents at/ for 5 dollars a week. vt&n. 修理 under ~ 正在修理 ~ to a question a reply to my letter
32. reply v & n 回复，答复
33. report v.汇报；报告；报道 n.报告，报告单 What you ~ed differs from the facts. 34.●represent 代表 It is ~ed that a young girl was robbed yesterday. A girl is reported to have been robbed yesterday. represent somebody/something The President was represented at the ceremony by the Vice-President The association was formed to represent the interests of women artists. 35. request vt&n 请求(比 ask 正式，比 demand 礼貌) He came at my ~. 在我的要求下 He ~ed that his guests （should） sit down. 3 6. require vt 要求；需要 They ~ that I (should) appear. ~s 37. research n. 研究；v. 研究 do/ carry out some ~ on cancer 38.●reserve 预留 ；预定 reserve something for somebody/something requirement n 要求，条件 The floor ~s washing/to be washed. meet your make a request 提出要求
45. ◎reward 报酬，报答；酬金，奖赏
reward sb for sth / doing sth
She was rewarded for her efforts with a cash bonus. 一笔奖金 She started singing to the baby and was rewarded with a smile. You deserve a reward for being so helpful. 你帮了这么大忙，应受到奖励。 A $100 reward has been offered for the return of the necklace. 46. rich adj. 富的，丰富的，富饶的 47.●rid 摆脱 Our country is rich in natural resources. rid somebody/something of somebody/something
Further measures will be taken to rid our streets of crime. rid oneself of somebody/something He wanted to rid himself of the burden of the secret get rid of somebody/something 48. ride v&n 乘，骑，搭载 搭车 It is two hours’ ride from here. 49. right adj. 正当的；正确的；右边的 adv 正确地 n. 公正,正确；权利；右边 That’s all right. 回答道歉 turn to the ~=turn right 向右转, keep to the ~靠右边走 all right 好吧 We got rid of all the old furniture. ~ (on) a horse/train 骑马/坐车 give sb a ~ 让某人
I'd like to reserve a table for three for eight o'clock. These seats are reserved for special guests 39.●resign 辞职，辞去 resign (from something) resign (as something) He resigned as manager after eight years Two members resigned from the board in protest.
have the ~ to do sth 有权利干 on the ~在右边
高二英语第 35 页 共 46 页
50. ring vi 响；按铃； （耳朵）嗡嗡作响；打电话 ~ the bell 按铃 ~ up a doctor 打电话给 a wedding ~ 婚戒 The sun ~s in the east. give sb a rise 给某人涨工资 52. ◎risk ~ back 回电话 the ~s of a tree
62. rule n. 规则，规章；习惯
follow/obey /break the ~s
ring off 挂断电话
He makes it a ~ never to borrow money. 63. run v（ran-run-running）跑；创办；管理；运转，操作；流动；掉色；变成 The college ~s summer courses for foreign students.
51. rise vi（rose-risen）上升；上涨；起床；站起 on the ~ 在增长
Could you ~ the engine for a moment? The color of the clothes runs easily. run across sb/sth 偶遇 come running 跑过来
The tears ran down her cheeks. We have run short of milk. ~ after 追赶，追求 ~ into sb / sth 碰到, ~ over 压过去 We’ve got plenty of time; there is no need during the ~ hour S safety n. 安全 on ~ 出售 I have the same bike as
He ~s at 6:00 every day.
She took many photos at the risk of her life. risk one’s life
He took the risk of losing his life to save the child. There is the risk of your catching a cold. 你可能会伤风。 53.●rob 抢劫；掠夺 54. rock n.岩石 rob somebody/something (of something) The tomb had been robbed of its treasures. v.摇，使摇动
~ out /~ out of sth 用完，耗尽 64. rush vi. 冲 ,匆忙 n. (上下班/交通)高峰期 to ~. The injured were ~ed to the hospital. 1. safe adj 安全的 n. 保险箱 safely 安全地
The town was ~ed by an earthquake. n. 滚动；卷 The clouds are ~ing away. He ~ed himself (up) in a blanket. Stop ~ing your eyes at me, girl. takes up too much room. 占据太多的空间 He came back safe and sound.安然无恙
He sat ~ing in his chair. 55. roll vi/vt 滚动；卷；转动 The ball ~ed into the hole. The moon ~s about the earth. ~ the wool into a ball He ~ed up the window of the car. 56. room n. 房屋（可数） ； 空间（不可数） make room for…为…腾地方 57. rough adj. 粗糙的；崎岖的；粗鲁的；粗略的；汹涌的 ~paper/ road/words/ weather/sea 58. round adj, adv, prep,v 圆的；环绕; 在…周围 The earth moves ~ the earth. 59. row n. 一排，一行；划船 地 60. rude adj(-rudely adv-rudeness n.) 粗鲁的；无礼的 61. ruin v. 毁坏 n. 毁坏；废墟【多用复数】 The country was ruined by the war. be ~ to sb v. 划船 a girl with a ~ face in a row 成一排，连续 Round our mouths to pronounce the word. a ~ of trees
2. sale. n 出售，销售； 销售量/额（多用复数） 3. same. adj. 相同的，同样的 you. -Happy Christmas to you! -I like black tea and white coffee. 4. satisfaction n. 满意 express one’s ~ with sth 满足需要 satisfied adj. be satisfied with sth/sb 对…满意 -The same to you.
for ~ 待售；
Don’t speak at the same time.
–It is the same with me. 让某人满意的是 vt. ~ one’s need/desire/demand satisfying adj.
to one’s ~
5. save vt.挽救；节省；保留；避免，省得 6. say. vt. 说，写有（said-said）
I am saving for a new bike.
Thanks for sending that letter for me—it saved me a trip. ~ sth to sb a train schedule ahead of schedule The sign says “ No Smoking”. 牌子上写着 7. ◎schedule 1) n. 时间表，日程表 2) v. 安排，排定 We have scheduled the meeting for Monday.
ruin somebody/something The bad weather ruined our trip.
That one mistake ruined his chances of getting the job. Years of fighting have left the area in ~s. 成为废墟
8. scold vt. 责骂，训斥 ~ sb for n/ doing 9. score. v. 得分，打分 n. 得分，分数；20 个
高二英语第 36 页 共 46 页
two score of books scores of books 10. search v& n. 搜寻，搜查 11. season. n. 季节，赛季，旺季 12. seat. n. 座位 take a ~ = sit down
He won the game with a score of 2:1. ~ a point search…for …. in ~ 旺季 vt. 使…就座 能坐…人 in search of sb/sth out of ~ 在淡季
19. sell v.(sold-sold) 卖，售出； 【喻】出卖 These books sell well .
sell sb sth =sell sth to sb
He sold the book for $5. = He sold the book at the price of $5. be sold out 被卖光 sent their children to school. ~ for sb 派人去叫某人 ~ up 发射 ~ off 发出，寄出 20. send v.(sent-sent) 寄，送，用无线电波发送信号；打发，派遣；使变得 ~ a message / ~ him a telegram / ~ sb away 解雇某人 ~ out 派去，打发，散发出 This noise is ~ing me mad. / A telegram sent him hurrying home. send sb./ sth doing
seat oneself in the chair= be seated in the chair We want to rent a bus which can seat 40 people.《奇速英语 24 个故事串记中高考 3500 词 汇+听说读写全能班》由中国英语教育专家蔡章兵老师领衔的名师团队主创，是一本双语故 事书，融入了冒险、科幻、穿越等新奇元素，书中讲述了一男一女两个中学生的冒险经历， 情节跌宕起伏。如果你想不费吹灰之力搞定高中单词、搞定英语听说读写、搞定高考英语， 就请加 QQ757722345；学习本是快乐的，学习本是自由的，学习本是轻松的，奇速英语， 只是还给学习它本来的样子。 通过游戏轻松记单词 QQ2236845575 张老师或点击直接下载奇 速英语 APP 网址：www.qisuen.cn/down 13. secret adj. 秘密的 14. ◎secure adj. n. 秘密 in ~秘密地 2）牢靠的，a secure job 4）有把握的 be secure of ~ sb do sth ~ sb off 送行 ~ to sb/sth/doing 照看，负责 seek something/somebody seek for something/somebody ~ through 看穿，看
21. sense n. 感官；感觉；…感；情理，道理；意义 vt. （隐约）感到，领会 a ~ of sight/touch/smell/humor/ duty /direction/language/music/business common sense There is no ~ in waiting here. What’s the ~ of doing that? The sentence doesn’t make sense. She fully ~d the danger of her position. 22. separate v. 分开，隔开 adj. 分开的，不相连的；单独的，独立的 Separate the good ones from the bad. seriously 24. serve vt. 为…服务；接待；对…有用；供应，上（饭菜等） ；vi. 服务，服役；接待，招待； 适用 ~ the country/the people/~ dinner/wine/the soup to the guests He has served in the army for three years. ~ as I am at your ~. service n. 服务（行为） ；服侍，招待；公共设施，业务；使用 25. set 树立，出（题） an example to sb ~ about (doing) sth / ~ aside 留出，拨出 / ~ back(the clock one hour)往回拨 ~ off 动身，出发；燃放，使爆炸 /~ out 动身，出发/~ out to do 开始，着手 ~ up 建立，开办 The sun has ~.(vi. 落，下沉) vi. 安定，定居；停息， ~ a question / ~(down) in New York ~ foot on… The children sleep in ~ beds. take sth Can you make sense of the poem.
keep sth (a )~ from sb 把某事对某人保密 1）安全的 3）无忧无虑的，a secure old age 5) security n. 透 ~ sb doing sth ~ sth done 16. ●seek 寻找 寻求 neighbor seek one’s fortune 外出闯荡 17. seem. v. 好像，似乎 He ~s (to be) happy/a good man. There ~s(ed) to be… 好像有… 15. see v. (saw, seen) 看见，领会，明白
23. serious adj. 严肃的，认真的，严重的 Please be ~ about your work.
a sense of security
vt.(set-set-setting)放，摆；指定，规定；装置，调整；使处于某种状态；使…做某事； / ~ a standard / ~ a clock/watch / ~ …free / ~
You see to it that the windows are all closed. seek something from somebody She managed to calm him down and seek help from a
He ~s to have said it.
It ~s to me that…在我看来… 18.●seize 抓住
停留；稳定下来 A bird ~d on the branch.
Aftre what ~ed several hours, he left. He seized her by the arm. seize a chance/ an opportunity
Wait until the excitement has ~d down.
27. shade n. 阴（影） ，阴凉处【u】 ； （色彩的）浓淡【c】
高二英语第 37 页 共 46 页
in the ~ of a tree / ~ hands with sb
various ~s of green 各种深浅不同的绿色 He was ~ing with cold. What a ~ it is to lie.
40. shower n. 阵雨，淋浴 41. shut v(shut-shut-shutting) ~ one’s mouth/ eyes ~down
be caught in a ~ 关，闭，合拢 The door won’t ~.
have / take a ~
28. shake (shook-shaken) vt. 摇动，抖动；使发抖 vi. 震动，发抖 29. shame n. 羞愧（感） ，羞耻（心） 【u】 ；[a ~] 一种耻辱，遗憾的事，可耻的人/事物 He is a ~ to his school/family. 30. shape n. 样子，形状，形态；体现，具体形式 in good ~ 完整无损，状态良好/ out of ~ 走形 v. （使）形成，塑造，具体化 It is ~d like a bell. / Our plan is shaping well. I will take my ~ of the 31. share vt. 分配；分享；分担；n. （一）份儿；份额；股份 ~ apples among the children / ~ joys and sorrows with sb money. 32. sharp adj. 锐利的；敏锐的，灵敏的；尖酸的，刻薄的；剧烈的 a ~ knife/~ eyes/ears, a ~ sense of smell, a ~ boy/~ words/a ~ pain/ a ~turn sharpen v. 33. sheet paper/water/ice 34. shock vt&n（使）震惊，打击，震动，电击 I was ~ed by/at the news ./ The news was a ~ to me. He got ~ed when he touched the wire. / If you touch the wire, you’ll get a ~. He couldn’t recover from the ~ of his son’s death. 35. shoe n. 鞋 a pair of/two pairs of ~s / put on (take off)one’s ~s be in one’s ~s 处于某人的位置/处境 36. shoot v.(shot-shot)发射，射击，射中，投掷；拍摄 n. 射击；投篮；嫩芽 ~ a person dead / ~ sb in the head /~ the ball in / ~ a scene 拍一场戏 击 37. short adj. 短的，短期的，近的；矮的；缺少的, 不足的 in a ~ time be ~ of …缺少 be ~ for…是…的缩写 in short 简言之 shorten v. 38. shoulder n. 肩（膀）vt. 肩负，扛；用肩膀挤 ~ a task He looked over his ~. …回过头看 ~ sb sth=~ sth to sb ~ off 卖弄，炫耀 He has broad ~s. / ~ to ~ Show me how to do it. ~ up 露出，揭露 n. show sb around on ~ 39. show v. 给看，展示，显示，出示；展出；指示；引导，带领 ~ at…向…射 sharply adv. put clean ~s on the beds/ a ~ of n. 被单，床单；薄片/板， （一）片/块
~ up 关闭，闭嘴
46. sick adj. 患病的；恶心的【只作表语】 ；渴望的，向往的 homesick a ~ man, be ~/ill in bed /fall ~/ill 47. side n. 边，旁边，侧面；一方，一派 on? on all ~s=on every ~ catch ~ of… at first ~ She is excellent on all sides . I have good/bad ~. out of ~ at the sight of lose ~ of… 48. sight n.视力，视觉；望见；视野[u]；景象[c] There is not a boat in ~. A dark cloud is a ~ of rain. Please ~ (your name)on the paper. 50. silence n. 寂静；沉默 keep silence/silent 51. similar adj. 类似的，相似的 silent Every coin has two ~s. Which ~ are you
the beautiful ~s of Beijing There were ~s that they would succeed. The policeman ~ed them to stop. adj. 寂静的；沉默的，无声的 similarly adv. in a ~ way be similar to He is as ~ as a child.
49. sign n. 符号；预兆，迹象；牌子，招牌，标记；手势 v.签字，签名，示意
listen in silence live a ~ life=live simply
52. simple adj. 简单的；朴素的；单纯的 She is not ~ clever, she even studies hard. 53. since prep. 自从… ~. It is/has been 3 years ~ we parted. Not a ~ tree could be seen. This room has two ~ beds. The ship sank into the river. sank. 56. sit vi(sat-sat-sitting) 坐， （鸟等）栖息
高二英语第 38 页 共 46 页
simply adv. 简单地；朴素地；仅仅，只不过；简直，完全 adv.从那以后 conj. …以来; 既然 He left the town in 1980 and I haven’t seen him (ever) Since you are all here, let ’s make a decision. a ~ man men’s/women’s ~s
He has lived here ~ then/1949.
54. single adj. 单一的，单个的，单程的；单身的，独身的；单人的 a ~ ticket n. 单打比赛
55. sink v. (sank-sunk)使下沉，沉没，下沉，低沉 ~ into a chair 一屁股坐下 Hearing the news, his heart ~ down/ ~ at the desk / ~ at table 就席，进餐
57. situation n. 位置，形势，局面，境遇，处境 ~
the ~ of a town 位置
slightly. 63. slow adj. 慢的；笨的；迟钝的 v. slow down Dinner smells good. v. 闻; 嗅; 觉察到 slowly adv. slowness n. He was the slowest student in the class. link-v. 闻起来 Progress was slower than expected. 64. smell smelled/smelled; smelt/smelt
I am in a very difficult situation ____ I don’t know what to do. 58. size n. 大小，尺寸，号码 59. sky n.天空 60.sleep 睡觉 v. slept/slept in the sky be of a / the same size a blue sky fall into sleep have a sound sleep smell. The two houses are of a ~.=The two houses are of the same size . n. I didn’t get much sleep last night. sleep well / deeply / soundly / badly The drawers slide in and out easily
You must slow down, or you will be ill. What does the perfume（香水）smell like? Can you smell something burning? n. 气味;嗅觉 Dogs have a very good sense of He smiled with relief.
I feel better after a good night ’s sleep. 61 slide (slid, slid) 滑行；悄悄的移动 She slid out while no one was looking.
He smelt danger / trouble. 65. smile v./ n.微笑 66. snake n. 蛇 v
She smiled at him and he smiled back. The road snaked away into the distance.
He is wearing a big/forced/cold smile. The soldiers snaked their way through the narrow street. 67. ◎social adj. 1) 社会的 ，有关社会的 social reforms 社会改革 2) 社交的，交际的 society 68. soon n. 社会 in society adv. 马上; 很快; 不久 How soon will we be back? no sooner…than … 3）群居的 Man is a social animal.
你认为七天学好英语只是传说吗？你认为看一本小说就可以记完中学所有单词只是吹牛皮 吗？你认为士别“七”日当刮目相看你做不到吗？ 错！ ！ ！你之所以怀疑自己，只是因为你还没有加入奇速英语暑假七天集训营！ 如果你不信，看看我们的高端配置就知道了： 项目名称： 《奇速英语 24 个故事神奇记忆中学 3500 词汇+听说读写》中外教全能班 主办单位：奇速英语国际教育研究院 开课班型：7 天封闭集训营班 或网络直播课程常规招生班 授课师资：英语专家+奇速名师+资深外教+CCTV 全国总决赛冠军 招生对象：初高中在校生，社会英语爱好者 学习效果：快速记忆 3500 词汇，全面提升英语听说读写综合能力 学习结业：经考试合格者，由 CCTV 英语电视大赛四川组委会和奇速英语国际教育研究院共 同签发课程合格证书，供升学或就业单位参考使用，优秀者，还会获得知名英语专家向名校 的推荐信函。为保证每位学员效果，如本期不会下期免费再学，三年内可进行随时免学费复 训，直到合格为止 知道被同学们四十五度角仰望是什么滋味吗？难道你要一辈子都仰望别人？？ 来奇速英语暑假七天夏令营，第八天，你就是被仰望的那个人。详情请咨询 qq：757722345 2835745855 奇速英语各班型招生网站 http://zhao.ysc365.comslide sth. + adv. / prep. man slid the money quickly into his pocket. 62. ◎slight adj.1) 轻微的， 少量 3）纤细的， 瘦的 slightly adv.略微的 轻微的 a slight fever 2） 小的， 微不足道的 a slight mistake The
Please send it as soon as possible. the sooner…. the better； 69. sort n. 种类 类别 品种 sooner or later； There are all sorts of jobs you could do. sort (out) the letters
v. 整理 把…分类 ； 处理 安排 It is our problem. We will get it sorted. sort of = kind of 有点儿 70. sound n. 声音 声响 He is sort of nervous.
Rubbish can be easily separated and sorted into the plastics, glass and paper.
He crept(爬) into the house trying not to make a sound. Sound travels more slowly than light. v. 听起来… His voice sounded strange on the phone. It sounded like a train running under the ground. I hope I don’t sound as if / as though I am criticizing(批评) you. 71. space n. 空间 空地；太空 The desk takes up too much space. in outer space, Can we make space/room for an extra chair?
a young girl of slight build 身材瘦小的少女 The man was slightly hurt. ---Are you worried? ---Only
not in the slightest/ not at all 一点也不，毫不
高二英语第 39 页 共 46 页
72. spare adj. 不用的 闲置的；备用的；空闲的 多余的 We have a spare bedroom, if you like to stay. Take some spare clothes in case you get wet. a spare key / tyre； in one’s spare time We can only spare one room for you. There is just a few minutes to spare. speak in public / on the radio. v. 尽力 破费；抽出 匀出（时间、金钱等） ；饶命(spare one’s life) He spared no effort to make her happy. Surely you can spare me a few minutes. 73. speak spoke speech He speaks with a strange accent(口音). give / make / deliver a speech 74. special
80. spread v. spread spread
Spread a piece of cloth on the table. 铺开 展开 Spread butter on the bread. 涂抹 a spy plane spy on 暗中注视，偷偷的
She spread her arms and the children ran towards her. 张开（双臂） The disease spread quickly. 传播 流传 散布 n． prevent the spread of disease 81. ◎spy n. (pl.spies) 间谍，密探，特务 瞧 82. stand v. stood stood Stand still while I take a photo of you. 站立 直立 The house stood empty for a long time. 位于（某处）某种状态 Modern plastics can stand very high and very low temperatures. 承受; 忍受 stand out n. 态度 观点 货摊 台 83. starve v. （使）挨饿 饿死 starvation n. The animals were left to starve to death. 84. state n. 状态，状况；州 in a good state/in good condition She was in a state of shock. v． 陈述 声明；公布 85. ◎status n.身份，地位 ，名望 the southern states of the US The facts are stated in the report. raise the status of workers n. 停留 逗留 作客 stay away/ in / out / up We are making slow but steady progress. have a high social stand by stand for a police spy v. 从事间谍活动 spies spying spied spied
spoken v. 说话；提起，讲述 ；发表讲话，演讲
n.演讲 讲话 发言；说话的能力；戏剧中的台词 the power of speech
I seem to have lost the power of speech. She has the longest speech in the play. adj. 特殊的 不寻常的；重要的，特别关注的；有专门目的的 There is something special about this place. What are your special interests? These teachers need special training. from. specially adv. 专门地 特意地 75. speed v. sped sped / speeded speeded; The car sped along the road. n.（运动的）速度 at a speed of…; 76. spell spelt spelt / spelled spelled Can you spell out that name? spend time / money on sth./ in doing the power of human spirit to overcome difficulties 2）地点，场所 speed up The drug will sped her recovery. with great /all speed; at top / full speed status 86. stay a special moment n. 特价产品； 特价 The menu changes regularly and there are daily specials to choose
You must arrive at the time stated.
v.停留；保持 持续是 ；暂留 逗留
Stay there and don’t move.
He never stays angry for long.
He reduced the speed and turned sharp left. How do you spell your name? spell out 拼写出 77. spend
I stayed 3 nights at my cousin’s house. 87. ●steady 稳步的；持续的；稳固的 88.stress n.压力；强调 89. steal v. stole stolen
Such fine work requires a good eye and a steady hand. Things can easily go wrong when people are under stress. My wallet was stolen last night. The hotel is only a short step from the beach. We are taking steps to prevent pollution. She lays great stress on punctuality 90. step n. 迈步；距离；步骤 措施；阶段 This is a big step up in his career. Mind/Watch your steps.
You know what I mean---I am sure I don’t need to spell it out v. spent spent We spent the weekend in Paris. 78. spirit n. 精神 心灵 in high / low spirits 情绪 心境 79 ◎spot n. 1）点；斑点；污点，瑕疵； （太阳的）黑点 on the spot 当场，立即，在现场 The night sky is spotted with stars. v．点缀，弄脏，使有污点
v. 迈步 行走
she opened the door and stepped out into the sunshine. 91. stick v. stuck stuck 插入；粘贴 ；卡住 陷入 n. 树枝 拐杖
高二英语第 40 页 共 46 页
I found a nail sticking in the tyre. The key was stuck in the lock. 92. still 93. stomach
He stuck a stamp on the envelope. stick to /with sth get stuck in/on…
103. ◎sudden. adj. 1）突然的，意外的 防 2） 飞速的，快的 a sudden jump 104. suffer v. 受苦 受难；蒙受 遭受 He suffered a heart attack. suffering n. 疼痛 痛苦 the try. suggest v.1)建议
all of a sudden 突然，冷不 suddenly adv.
adv. I am still angry. / The next day was still warmer. 仍然 还是 adj. Keep still while I comb your hair. stand still 静止的 平静的 安静的 n. stomachs stomachache n. 停止 终止 / 车站 He kicked her in the stomach.
Road accident victims(受害者) suffered from shock.
The party suffered a defeat in the election. Death finally brought an end to her suffering. My suggestion is that we should give up
94. stop v. stopped stopped 95 . store v.保存 贮存 96. strength 97. strict
stop to do / doing /sb from doing n.商店 /贮存物 备用物 strengthen v. 加强 巩固 strictness n. strong adj. 强壮的 in store (for sb) We don’t know what life holds in store for us. n. 力量 力气 He didn’t have the strength to walk further. adj. strictly adv. be strict with sb / be strict in (about)sth / strictly speaking 98. strike v. struck struck ; struck stricken The child was struck by a car. 碰撞 撞击 An idea has just struck me.突然想起 The union has voted to strike for a pay increase of 6%. 罢工 Strike a match on the wall.擦划（火柴） The clock has just struck three.敲，报时 I was struck by the beauty of nature. 打动 99.struggle v. 奋斗 努力 struggle for / against / with； 100. ●submit v. 屈服; 提交, 呈递; 申辩 submit an application Please submit your reports to me before the deadline. submit oneself to a search by the guards 让士兵检查 submit to the enemy 101. succeed v. success n. successful adj successfully adv. He succeeded (in) getting a place at art school. Who succeeded(继任) Kennedy as President? be a success / be successful / succeed in (doing) sth 102. ◎successful adj. 成功的，有成效的，胜利的 succeed v.成功 succeed in doing sth success n. 成功，成功的人或事 n. 罢工 / 攻击 袭击 be on strike He struck him in the face. 打击 The area was struck by a terrible earthquake.袭击 爆发
105.◎suggestion. n.建议 make a suggestion
Mary suggested to me that we should go for a drive.
He suggested doing it in a different way. 2)暗示 His face suggested that he was unhappy. 106. suit v. 满足需要；适于 有利于；相配 If we met at 2 o’clock , would that suit you? Blue suits you. You should wear it more often. suitable adj. 合适的 适宜的 be suitable for/to sb 107.supply v. 供应 供给 提供 supplied supplied supplying supply sth to sb / supply sb with sth c/n. 供应量 贮备 Supplies of food are almost exhausted. Water supply was cut off last night. 108.support v. 支持 拥护；援助；赡养 供养；支撑 支护 If you raise it at the meeting , I will support you. He has 2 children to support. Support the baby ’s head when you hold it. 109. suppose v. 认为 推断 料想；假定 假想 The prices are supposed to go up. Why do you suppose he left? 110. sure adj. 确定 确信 肯定 Are you sure about that? be sure to do : Be sure to come. for sure: I think he will be back on time , but I can’t say for sure. make sure (of / that…)
高二英语第 41 页 共 46 页
The hot weather doesn’t suit me.
They struggled just to pay their bills. He struggled for breath.
in support of
Price will go up, I suppose. She had supposed him to be rich. adv. 当然 be sure of / about / that
Suppose / Supposing flights are fully booked on that day ,when could we go? Ask me if you are not sure how to do it.
Make sure that no one knows it.
111. surprise v. 使…惊奇
It surprised me that you have never sung professionally. Her letter came as a complete surprise. surprised / surprising adj. The jail is surrounded by/with walls. She suspected him of taking her watch.
5. tell v. told told 告诉 ；讲述 表述 ； 辨别 tell sb sth / tell sth to sb tell A from B tell the truth/ lies I can’t tell you how happy I am. Can you tell the differences between B.E. and A.E.?
n. 惊奇 ；意想不到的事 112. ●surround vt. 围绕； 包围 113. ◎suspect 114. ◎survive v. 猜疑，怀疑，猜想 v. 1）幸存
She looked up in surprise. (much ) to one’s surprise Happiness is being surrounded by family and friends n. 嫌疑犯，可疑对象
6. ●tend v. 易于; 倾向于; 照料, 看管 The sort of music I listen to varies, but it tends to/towards light music. tend to do sth、 listening. Women tend to live longer than men. tend to the sick 7. ●terrify vt. 使人感到恐怖 The creature, which is unusually large and strong, is extremely ugly, and terrifies all those who see it .（短）be terrified at 被…吓了一跳 deafening explosion. 8.test n.测验 考查；化验；检验 考验 take a test We were terrified at the I’d tend the store while you’re away. I tend to see pictures in my mind when I am reading or
Few survived after the floods. swear at sb 咒骂某人 swear to God
2）比…..活得久 She survived her husband by five years. 115. ●swear (swore, sworn) v. 宣誓, 发誓 swear to do sth swear that clause
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? He swore that he was telling the truth. 116. ◎swell v.(swelled, swollen/swelled) 2)（使）隆起 117. ●switch n. 开关; 交换 1) (使)膨胀， （使）增长 The sails swelled in the wind. v. 打开（或关上）开关, 改变, 转换 switch off the TV T 1. take took taken 2. ●talent take A for B / back / in /action (steps, measures) 10. think n. 天资, 天赋; 人才 11.thirsty 12. thought switch on the radio Her arm was beginning to swell up where the bee had stung her. 3） （使）骄傲自大， （使）情绪高涨 switch the conversation from one subject to another He is always switching jobs.
a test for Aids
The match is a real test of character for us. v. 测验； （身体）检查；测试；考验 test your English test sb’s eyesight / hearing You should test your brakes regularly. The long climb tested our fitness and energy. 9. thank n. Thanks to a lot of hard work, we succeed. How can I express my thanks to you? v. thank sb for sth / doing sth I think so ./ I don’t think so . think of / about / for yourself/ over / of…as thinking n. 思维 思想；想法 见解 adj. 渴的；渴望 渴求 n. 思考，思想，念头 He is thirsty for money / power. I had to do some quick thinking. We were hungry and thirsty. have a thirst for knowledge 渴求知识 v. thought thought 认为；思考
Ordinary people merely think how they shall spend their time; a man of talent tries to use it. He is a talent but he always hides his light under a bushel. 3. ◎taste n. I don’t like the taste of olives(橄榄). Modern art is not to everyone’s taste. The dish tastes delicious. tear up / sth into pieces / down/ open The story will move you tore torn He left the room in tears. I have lost my sense of taste. v. Taste it and you will find it delicious. 4.tear v. 撕毁 撕破；移开 扯掉 n. 眼泪 to tears. burst into tears I tore the letter in half/ into halves.
On second thought(s)(再一想，转念一想)，he decided to accept his invitation. deep in thought= lost in thought 沉思 13. throughout prep. 遍及，贯穿 全城 14.throw ( threw/ thrown) 扔，投
高二英语第 42 页 共 46 页
throughout the night 整夜 throw up 呕吐
throughout the town throw off 匆忙脱
throw sth out 随口说出
throw at/to sb 扔给某人 He studied hard; thus he got high marks.
You can’t be too careful while crossing the street. = You can’t be careful enough while crossing the street. 过马路时，越小心越好 25. top n. 顶部 at the top of sth 26. total n. 合计，总计；v. 合计是 adj. 总的，完全的，全然的 He is totally blind. A total of 400, 00 people were killed in the earthquake.
15. thus ad. 这样(=in this way); 因而（=so） 16.tie n. 领带，关系，结，平局 (tied/tied/tying) The match ended in a tie. 比赛打成平局
He hanged himself on the tree, thus ending his life. v. (用绳，线) 系，拴，扎，打成平局，得分相等
There are 50,000 students in our school in total. (=altogether=in all 总共) 27. touch v. 触动，打动，触摸，接触；n. 接触，联系 touching adj. 打动人的；touched adj. 受到触动的 stay in touch with sb=keep in touch with sb 与某人保持联系 lose touch with sb 失去联系 get in touch with sb 取得联系 be in touch with sb/ be out of touch with sb 有联系/无联系 28. ●tough a. 坚硬的；结实的；棘手的，难解的 Believe me; I know how easy it is to begin smoking and how tough it is to stop. Don’t be too tough on /with him---he was only a child. He played the tough guy in the movie. 30. town n. 城市，小城 go to town\ go out of town 31. track n. 轨道，田径，踪迹，跑道 // 令人疲惫的， 令 失去联系 As to dealing with such problems, you are on the right track.方法正确 32. trade n. 贸易；v. 交换 33. ◎tradition n. traditional adj. 34. traffic n. 交通（不可数） international trade 国际贸易 religious/ cultural traditions traditionally adv trade A for B 用 A 换 B keep track of sb 跟踪，跟踪了解 lose track of sb a tough breed of cattle 29. tour n. 观光，旅行 go on a tour to a place live in town \ live in the countryside
Our team tied (with) their team.=Our team was tied with their team. 打成平局 Please tie the horse to the tree. 把马拴到树上 17. time n. 时间，时期，次数，倍数；v. 测定时间，记录时间 all the time=always 一直 at a time 一次 at times=sometimes 有时候 in no time 立刻，马上 in time for sth 来得及干某事 on time 准时 waste no time (in) doing 赶紧干某事 ahead of time= in advance 提前 at one time 从前，一度 from time to time 不时的，时而，偶尔 in time 及时，迟早 Time is up.时间到 take one’s time 慢慢来 It is (high) time (that) we started.该干某事了
At no time have I said such a thing.我决没有说过这种话。 （决没有，决不） It is the first time (that) I have read such a book.我第一次读这样的书 18. tip n. 顶端，尖端，告诫，建议，提示，小费 19. ●tire v. 使疲惫，使厌倦 tired // tiring 人厌倦的 tiredness n. 疲惫 Sth tire sb out. 某事使某人疲惫 Sb be tired of n/doing 某人厌倦了某事 2)烤面包片 a piece of toast Sb be tired out 某人疲惫了 adj. 疲惫的，厌倦的
Sb be tired with/from n/doing 某人因某事疲惫 20. ◎toast n.1)祝酒 drink a toast to…. v.1)为…干杯 21. ● tolerate v. 容忍, 宽容; 经受, 忍受; Those who know how to tolerate others can naturally lead a happy life. 22. the day after tomorrow 后天 23. tongue n. 舌头，语言 mother tongue=native language 母语 24. He is too tired to go any further. The trip is too much for the old lady. 是某人受不了的 2）烤（面包） a toasted sandwich
at the traffic lights 在交通灯那里
There are traffic jams at the corner every day.交通堵塞，堵车 There is heavy/ light traffic here.车辆多/少 35.train n. 火车；v. 培训，训练 练者 train sb for sth 为…对某人进行培训 36. translate v. 翻译，转换成另一形式 train sb as a fireman 把某人训练成… n. translation 翻译, 译文 trainer 教练，训练者 trainee 受训
Translate the sentence from Chinese into English.
高二英语第 43 页 共 46 页
37. transportation n. 运输
The bike is a useful means of transportation. set/lay/place a trap for mice I trapped my coat in the car door.
turn over 翻过来 eg. He turned out to be very honest. policeman. It turned out to a success. 49.●typical a. 典型的，有代表性的
turn A into/to B 把 A 变成 B It turned out that he was not a thief but a
38．●trap n. 陷阱 vt. 使陷入困境 fall into/get out of a trap 39. travel
turn out (to be) n/adj/ adv 结果是，被证明是（强调与预料的相反）
Having been trapped in traffic, he was late for work. n. 旅行，传播（光、声、病）traveller/ traveler 旅行者 treasure our friendship treat sb to sth 用某物 Light travels faster than sound. 40. treasure n. 金银财宝，财富，珍爱的东西；v. 珍爱，珍惜 41. ●treat n. 款待；v. 对待，处理，治疗 under treatment 在治疗中 款待某人 treat sb as/ like…对待某人像 42.trick 43. trip n. 诡计，把戏，花招，计谋；v. 欺骗 n.旅行，旅程 go on a trip to a place play a trick on sb 捉弄，欺骗 It’s my treat. 我请客 treatment n. 治疗，处理
typical flower characteristics
be typical of
It is typical of you to be so gentle.
It is typical of John to think about helping others in this way. 50．●undertake (undertook, undertaken) v. 承担，从事，负责；承诺 undertake the difficult task/responsibility undertake to do 51. ◎ unfair an unfair judge It’s ~ on him to make him pay for everything. Carnival became a way to unite different communities. upon /on+ sth/doing 名词/动名词= as soon as 从句 be unfair on/to sb He is ~to us, isn’t he ? 52. ● unite v. 联合，团结 53. upon prep. 在… 上面 We should unite with all the forces that can be united. Upon his arrival, I will telephone you. 54. ●upset a. 心烦的，苦恼的 Then the friend went away, and the writer was extremely upset. be upset to do sth: try out 试用 be upset that clause: She was upset to hear that the holiday had been cancelled. Her sister was very upset that her family had to move to California. urge sb to do/into doing They urged me to eat the strange He undertook to finish the job by Friday.
n. 问题，烦恼，麻烦；v. 使苦恼，使麻烦 have trouble with sth./ have trouble (in) doing 干某事有 in /out of trouble
I am sorry to trouble you, but can you tell me his address? trouble sb to do 麻烦某人干 困难 get into/out of trouble 陷入困境 /摆脱困境 truly adv take trouble to do 尽力干 45. ◎true a. 真的，忠诚的 47. try My dream came true.= I realized my dream. try on 试穿 46.truth n. 真理，真相，事实 tell the truth 说实话 n. 尝试 v. 审理，努力，尝试 have a try 试一下 try to do 努力 48. turn try the case 审理案件 try doing 试着干
be upset about/over sth: My parents were in a huge argument, and I was really upset about it. 55. ●urge vt. 鼓励，激励 food. urge that clause(should do) 物 sth be in use/ out of use 某物在被使用/ 某物不被使用 turn to 转向， 变成， sth come into use 开始被使用 57. ◎ useless
高二英语第 44 页 共 46 页
try one’s best to do =do one’s best to do 尽力干 n. 轮流，顺序 v. 转变，旋转，变成 turn against sb/sth 背叛 turn down 调低，拒绝 turn in 上交 （=hand in） turn on 打开 in turn=by turns 轮流（作状语） take turns to do=take turns at doing（作谓语） It is my turn.该我了。 turn back 返回 turn up 开大， 上涨， 到来， 露面 求助于 turn off 关掉
He urged that we should take such steps. make (good/ better/full) use of sth （好好/充分）利用某
56. use n. 利用，用途；v. 利用
It is no use doing.干某事没用 be used to do 被用来干某事
be/get used to n/doing 习惯干某事
be ~to do / be ~ doing sth
He knew it was ~ to protest It’s ~ worrying about it. use n. 58. usual 60. ●vain 1) make use of … 2 )be of great use to sb / be of no use to sb a. 通常的 as usual 向往常一样 the winter vacation 寒假 be on vacation 休假 n. 自负的，自视过高的，徒劳的，无效的 She is in vain of her beauty. be of value= be valuable a. 各种各样的 He is the very person we are looking for. (可换成 just the) in one’s view 2) 视野， 视线 come into view The view from the top of the tower was 3) It is no use doing sth 59. vacation n. 假期
72. warn vt. 警告，预先通知
warn sb of / against sth 警告某人小心某物 waste time on sth by the way 顺便说（引入话
73. wash n. 洗，洗的东西; vt/ vi. 洗，冲洗 This cloth washes easily. 表性质用主动表被动 74. waste n. 浪费，废物 vt. 浪费 waste time (in) doing It is a waste of time/ energy/ money doing sth. 75. way 题） on the way to a place 在去某地的路上 qisuen on the way to doing 即将干某事 You are in my way. 挡道，碍事 give way to sb/sth 让位给某人或某物 Please get out of my way! 别挡手，让开 wear a smile. 戴着微笑 a way to lose weight=a way of losing weight 减肥的方法 76. wear v. (wore , worn) 穿着，戴着，留须发，磨损 wear sb out. 使某人精疲力竭（= sb is worn out） 77. ●weekly a. 每周的 The magazine is a weekly. The magazine is published weekly. What for=why What have you come here for? What if it rains? 如果下雨怎么办？ widely adv. 广泛地 It is a weekly magazine. 78. what pron. 什么 79. whole adj.整个的 under way 在进行中 奇速英语微信公众号 n. 路；方式，方法 in this way 用这种方法
I have tried very hard to find a solution to the problem, but in vain.(2010江苏) （短）be ～ of 对…很自负： 61. value valuable a. 有价值的 n. 价值，价值观 v. 估价，重视
62. variety n. 种类，种种 various 63. very 64. ◎ view spectacular. v. ~ sb /sth as… 把…视为，以…看待 65. ◎ violent violently 66. visit adj adv a. 正好的 adv. 非常 n. 1） 看法， 观点
a variety of fruits= varieties of fruits= various fruits 各种各样的水果
a sea view / a mountain view viewer
So what? 那又怎么样？（表反问） ~ crime / ~ movies ~ reaction a ~ change / a ~ headache visitor n. 参观者 80. wide adj. 宽的，广泛的
on the whole 总体上 adv. 充分地；
The child is wide awake. 这个小孩非常清醒，没有睡意 v. 参观，访问，拜访 pay a visit to sth/sb in a high/low… voice 以高或低的声音 volunteer one’s car for the trip wait for sb to do 等某人 English is widely used all over the world. 81. will n. 意志，遗嘱 调了工作 We chose ten boys at will.随意，任意 82. win v. 赢 （won/won） 摸索前进 wait at/on table 招待进餐 can’t wait to do 迫不及待地想干 make sb’s way（艰难地）前进 84. ●wipe v. 擦；擦净；擦干 wipe the glass dry push sb’s way 挤着前进 He wiped his hands on his blue apron. win the first prize / respect/fame/war/match… wind sb’s way 蜿蜒前进 feel sb’s way 83. wind n. 风；v. 缠绕, 蜿蜒(wound/ wound) He gave up his job against his mother’s will. 他违背母亲的意志辞
go on a visit to sth/sb 67. voice n. 声音，音色
at the top of one’s voice 高声地 68. ●volunteer n.&v. 志愿者,志愿 69. wait n. 等待 v. 等待， 干某事 wait on sb 照料，伺候 wait for one’s chance/ turn 等机会 70. ◎ wander vi 要粉刷 71.want v. 想要，需要 wait for sb/sth 等待
~ about / around the street The house wants painting.(The house wants to be painted) 这房子需
They wiped away the girl’s tears.
wipe out: destroy, get rid of A volcanic eruption nearly wiped out the small island of Montserrat in 1997.
高二英语第 45 页 共 46 页
85. wish n. 愿望； v. 希望， 祝愿 你成功！ wish for sth 86. without prep. 没有 I have to go without supper.
wish you + 名词 （success/ good luck/ a pleasant trip） ! 祝 I wish that 从句（用虚拟语气） wish to do 希望干某事
be worthy of sth/being done: The problem is worthy of consideration/being considered. be worthy to be done: 94. ●worthwhile a. 值得做的 It is worthwhile to do sth/doing sth The young man is worthy to be taught. a worthwhile effort It isn’t worthwhile continuing with the project.
go without 在没有…的情况下勉强应付
I thought it worthwhile to clarify the matter. 95. ●worthy a. 有价值的；配得上的；相称的 be worthy of sth/being done: be worthy to be done: 96. ◎ wrist n.手腕 The problem is worthy of consideration/being considered. The young man is worthy to be taught.
87. ●witness n. 目击者, 证明, 证词 vt. 目击,作证, 证明, 表明 I thought, at a time, that this was just a story but then I witnessed it with my own eyes many times. The year 1949 witnessed the founding of the P.R.C. 88. word n. 词，话，消息，诺言 have a word with=have a few words with 和某人谈谈 Word came that Tom won the first prize. 有消息传来…. You should keep your word. 你应该信守诺言。 89. work n. 工作（不可数） ；作品（可数） ；v. 工作，运转，起作用 works be at n. 工厂（单复数均有 s） work 在 工 作 work out 算出，锻炼，结果是 work at / on …忙于，从事 start work 开 始 工 作
seize sb by the wrist 抓住... 手腕
附注： 1. 望学生保存完好。 2. 望学生掌握落实。 3. 望教师抽查听写： 可利用早读时间每天听写 20 个单 词，并尽力在一轮复习前监督学生掌握所有以上词 汇。
out of work 失业 90. world n. 世界
It’s a small world.世界真小。 （哪里都有熟人） It’s not the end of the world. 并不是那么糟糕。 I am on top of the world. 我非常愉快。 learn about the outside world. 了解外面的世界 91. ◎ worried adj 1) be ~ about sb / sth 2) be worried that… worrying adj Doctors are worried about the possible spread of the disease. I was worried that you wouldn’t come back. worry vt/vi ~ (sb / oneself) (about sb /sth )
There is no point in worrying about things you can’t change. I don’t want to worry you about the present situation. 92. worry n. 烦恼；v. 担心， 使某人担心; Sth worry sb 某物使某人担心 Sb be worried about sth/sb 某人担心某事 Sb worry about sth 某人担心某事 a worrying situation 令人担忧的局面 93. ●worthy a. 有价值的；配得上的；相称的
高二英语第 46 页 共 46 页
copyright ©right 2010-2020。