1) Do you know the man who/that is standing over there?
2) The girl that/who/whom we were talking about is Joan. 3) He told me the date when he joined the League. 4) The place where he lives is far away from here. 总结句型：
先行词：定语从句所修饰的名词或代词 1) Do you know the man who/that is standing over there?
2) The girl that/who/whom we were talking about is
Joan. 3) Did you see the pen that/which I lost yesterday?
Do you know the man who/that is standing over there?
The place where he lives is far away from here. 1.引导定语从句。 关系词的3个作用： 2.代替先行词。
1) Do you know the man who/that is standing over there?
2) The girl (that/who/whom) we were talking about is Joan.
作宾语（可省） 指物 作宾语（可省）
3) Did you see the pen (that/which) I lost yesterday? 4) He told me the date when/on which he joined the League.
5) The place where/in which he lives is far away from here.
6) Can you tell me the reason why/for which you are late? 指原因 作状语
7) Who is the person whose handwriting is the best? 指人 作定语
关 系 代 词 的 用 法 小 结
代指 词人 的 关 系 代指 词物 的 关 系
主语 宾语 定语
表示时间 ，在从句 中作时间 状语
表示地点， 在从句中作 地点状语
表示原因， 在从句中作 原因状语
1.Do you still remember the farm ____________ (that/which) we visited three months ago? where we 2. Do you still remember the farm ______ lived for three month?
(that/which) we 3. Do you still remember the day ___________ spend together? 4. Do you still remember the day _____ when we studied together?
1. (2013· 山东高考)Finally he reached a lonely island_____was completely cut off from the outside world. A.when B. where C. which D. whom
【解析】选C。考查定语从句。句意: 最后他到达 了一个完全与外界隔绝的孤岛。island后面是一个 定语从句, 修饰island, 并且从句中缺少主语, 同时 指物, 所以选C。而A项when及B项where在定语从 句中分别作时间及地点状语; D项whom只能指人, 在定语从句中作宾语。
2. (2013· 湖南高考)Happiness and success often come to those are good at recognizing their own strengths.
A.whom B. who C. what D. Which
【解析】选B。考查定语从句。句意: 幸福与成功 通常降临于那些擅长于认识到自己的长处的人。 who在句中引导定语从句, 且在从句中作主语, 符合 题目结构。whom引导定语从句也修饰人, 但是在 从句中作宾语或用于介词+whom结构中。
3. (2013· 福建高考)The book tells stories of the earthquake through the eyes of those lives were affected. A.whose B. that C. who D. Which 【解析】选A。考查定语从句。句意: 这本书通过 那些生命受到影响的人的见证讲述了地震的故事 。由句式结构可知those后为定语从句, 先行词是 those, 空格处在从句中作lives的定语, 故用关系词 whose。
（2014湖南卷） 4.I am looking forward to the day ___ C my daughter can read this book and know my feelings for her.
A. as C. when B. why D. where
5. (2012· 浙江高考)We live in an age more information is available with greater ease than ever before. A.why B. when C. to whom D. on which 【解析】选B。考查关系副词when引导的定语从句 。句意: 我们生活在一个信息比以前更容易获得的 时代。when引导定语从句在从句中作时间状语, 修 饰先行词an age(时代), 此处的when=in which。故 选B。
（2014山东卷） 6. A company ______profits from home markets B are declining may seek opportunities abroad.
A. which B. whose C. who D. why
This is the machine on which _____ she spent 1000 dollars. Xiao Wang ,with whom _____ I went to the concert, enjoy it very much.
介词﹢关系代词引导的定语从句中, 介 词如何选择?
? 1）、看定语从句中动词或者形容词与介词的习惯搭 配； about which he was not - What were the things _______ so sure? on which I spent 6 yuan. - This is the camera _____
? 2）、根据先行词判断，所用的介词与先行词的习惯 搭配； at which you drive your car --- The speed ____ mustn’t be too high.
? 3）、可以通过句子的整体含义,结合生活实 际来判断。
China has many rivers, of/among ________ which the Yangtze River is the longest.
He made a hole in the wall, through ______ which he could see what was going on outside the house.
? (2010上海，38）Wind power is an ancient source of energy ____ C we may return in the near future.
A. on which C. to which B. by which D. from which
A man with a bleeding hand hurried in and asked, “Is there a hospital around _________ I can get so C me medicine for my wounded hand?”
A. that C. where B. which D. what
1.只用that, 不用which 2.只用as 3.只用where的抽象地点名词 4. way 引导定语从句的用法 参照P20
（2014陕西卷） 1. Please send us all the information ______ you A have about the candidate for the position.
（2014重庆卷 ） A 2.We'll reach the sales targets in a month ____we set at at the beginning of the year.
A. which C. when B.where D.what
3. (2013· 江西高考)He wrote a letter C he explained what had happened in the accident.
B. which C. where D. how
（2014江苏卷） 4. The book has helped me greatly in my daily communication, especially at work_____ D a good impression is a must. A. which B. when C. as D. where
4. (2012· 重庆高考)Sales director is a position____communication ability is just as important as sales skills. A.which B. that C. when D. where 【解析】选D。考查关系副词where引导的定语从 句。句意: 销售总监是一个交际能力和销售能力同 等重要的职位。“position”为先行词, 后面是其定 语从句, 关系词在从句中作的是地点状语, 因此, 应 该使用关系副词“where”来引导定语从句。因此, 正确答案为D选项。
5. What surprised me was not what he said but _____ A he said it. （湖北） A. the way B. in the way that C. in the way D. the way which
1. David is such a good boy _________ C all the teachers like. A. that B. who C. as D. whom
2. David is such a good boy _________ all the A teachers like him. A. that B. who C. as D. whom D 3. It was not such a good dinner _________ she had promised us. A. like B. that C. which D. as
We showed great pity to the poor old man, for life was hard in the past. A. whom B. whose C. who D. that 【解析】选A。考查定语从句。介词+关系代词, for whom = for the poor old man。
(2012 陕西卷) It is the third time that she has won the race, which has surprised us all.
在非限制性定语从句中，指人的关系代词作宾语 时，只能用宾格whom; 不能用who替换，也不能省 略。 Do you know Tom, whom we talked about? 你认识汤姆吗? 我们谈到过他。 This book, which you can get at any bookshop, will give you all the information you need. 这本书会给你提供所有你需要的资料，它在任何 一家书店都能买到。
【2014· 北京卷】 1. I borrow the book Sherlock Holmes from the libr ary last week, ____ B my classmates recommended to me.
A. who B. which C. when D. Where
2. (2012· 北京高考) When deeply absorbed in work, he often was, he would forget all about eating or sleeping. A.that B. which C. where D. when 【解析】选B。考查which引导的非限制性定语从 句。句意: 每当他沉迷于工作中, 就会废寝忘食, 而 他常常如此。which在从句中作表语, 代指上面的 情况, 故选B。
3. (2012· 浙江高考)Ellen was a painter of birds and of nature, , for some reason, had withdrawn from all human society. A.which B. who C. where D. whom 【解析】选B。考查who引导的非限制性定语从句 。句意: 埃伦是一位画鸟和自然的画家, 由于某种 原因, 已经过起了遁世生活。who引导非限制性定 语从句, who在从句中作主语, 修饰先行词Ellen(人 名)。故选B。
He opposed the idea, as could be expected.
As we all know, he studies very hard. Taiwan is, as you know, an inseparable part of China.
The decision was right, which was exactly what he wanted. 2、which 引导非限制性定语从句，指代主句中的一个词
The football match, which I watched yesterday, is very interesting. 3、which 引导非限制性定语从句，指代整个主句的内容，
That things improved, which astonished me. 4、which 引导非限制性定语从句，指代整个主句的内容
He was married again, which was unexpected.
as is well known/ is known to all 众所周知
as has been said before
as has been already pointed out 正如已经指出的
as we all can see
as is expected/ hoped/ supposed,. 正如所盼望的/ as is often the case 情况常常如此 ……
The Beatles, ____ D many of you are old enough to re member, came from Liverpool. (2006 天津) A. what C. how B. that D. as
B is known to everybody, the moon travels rou _____ nd the earth once every month. A. It B. As C. That D. What _______ D is known to everybody that the moon trave ls round the earth once every month. A. It B. As C. That D. What
名词/代词/数词+ of +which/whom知多少?
Rewrite the following sentences
1.The committee consists of 20 members and5 of them are women. The committee consists of 20 members ,5 of whom are women. 2.The book contains 50 poems, and most of them were written in 1930s. The book contains 50 poems, most of which were written in 1930s.
3.I have a sentence ,and the meaning of it I don’t understand.
I have a sentence , the meaning of which I don’t understand.
whose表示所属关系 There are in this class 20 students, ______ are different. (多选)
B.the backgrounds of whom C.of whom the backgrounds D.the backgrounds of whose
1. 考查表示所属关系的of which/whom。 *(2011· 江西高考)She showed the visitors around the museum, the construction of which had taken more than three years. 2.考查表示整体与部分关系的of which/whom。 *The buses, most of which were already full, were surrounded by an angry crowd.
（2014天津卷）English is a language shared by several diverse cultures, _____ B uses it differently. A. all of which B. each of which C. all of them D. each of them 句义：英语是一个被很多不同的文化共同使用的 语言，每一种语言使用英语的方法都是不一样 的。
(2012· 四川高考)In our class there are 46 students, C half wear glasses. A. in whom C. of whom B. in them D. of them
1. The factory was built in a secret place, around __ ____ C high mountains. A. which was C. which were B. it was D. them were
A man with a bleeding hand hurried in and asked, “Is there a hospital around _________ I can get so C me medicine for my wounded hand?” A. that C. where B. which D. what
2.The murder happened in an old building, beside ______ the city police station. C A. which are B. it is C. which is D. them are 3. Next month we’ll move to a new building, next C to _______ a nice restaurants where we can have Chinese food. A. which are B. it is C. which is D. them are
am 1. Don't choose me，who ____(be) not qualified for this job． 2. Anyone who ____(have) questions to ask， has please come to my office this afternoon.
1) He is the only one of the students who ____ was (be) here just now. 2) He is one of the students who _____ were (be) here just now.
3) Buenos Aires is one of the world capitals that ___ is noted for its busy harbor． 布宜诺斯艾利斯是一个以其海港的热闹而闻名的 国家首都。
1. 定语从句与并列句 A （1） He asked a lot of questions, none of ______ was easy to answer. A. which B. them C. what D. that （2） He asked a lot of questions, and none of ______ A was easy to answer. A. them B. which C. what D. that
1. They put forward a lot of plans at the meeting, B none of _______ carried out in their work. A. which B. them C. what D. That 2. They put forward a lot of plans at the meeting, none of _______ were carried out in their work. A A. which B. them C. what D. That
3. They put forward a lot of plans at the meeting, B but none of _______ were carried out in their work. A. which B. them C. what D. that
On Sundays there were a lot of children playing in the park, _______ parents seated together joking. A A. their B. whose C. which D. That If you promise to go with us, _____ D will be OK. A. as B. which C. and it D. that
2. 定语从句与强调句的区别 B he was born. （1）It was in this house ______ （2）It was this house ______ A he was born.
C （3）It was in the house ________ he used to live in that the exhibition was held.
A. where B. that C. which D. there
A they discovered the entrance to 1. “How was _____ the underground palace?” “Totally by chance.” A. it that C. it when B. he that D. he which
2. It was lack of money, not of effort, _____ C defeated their plan. A. which B. as C. that D. what
A 3. It was in the small house _____ was built with stones by his father _____ he spent his childhood. A. which, that C. which, which B. that, which D. that, where
C my 4. It’s more than half a century _____ grandfather joined the Party and became a servant to the people.
A. when B. that
D 5. “Was it under the tree ______ you were away talking to a friend?” “Sure. But when I got back there, the bike was gone.
A. that C. which
B. where D. while
（1）Is this school _______ you study? D
A （2）Is this the school ______ you study in?
B （3）Is this the school _______ you study? E is a new one? （4）Is this school ______ A. that/which B. where C. the one D. the one where
E. the one that / which
copyright ©right 2010-2020。