Unit 17 Disabilities
? The 6th period
1.Review the reading
Task 1. Review the reading Retell the text with the context clue:
move around favourite subject science fair make a contribution to
play a valuable role
Literature of Chinese Blind Children
a best-known reader
visually impaired frustrating and challenging live with get used to
a special college
the importance of cooperating
Task 2. Word study
Play a game of acting and guessing:
The whole class join in the game. One student will be asked to the stage facing his classmates. He is not allowed to see the screen. Another two or three students will be asked to act out according to the definitions or the explanations. The first student should guess what the word of the acting is. The other students judge whether his guessing is correct or not.
Task 2. Word study
Play a game of acting and guessing:
1. a market at a special place at a particular period. (fair)
2. visually impaired.
3. the cart that someone who has no feeling below his waist uses to get around. (wheelchair) 4. change a little in order to be suitable. (adjust) 5. help and advice esp. on problems with one’s personal life. (guidance)
1. Choose the right word to fill in each blank.
disability visual waist gifted guidance adjust sympathy assit potential fair
1. Since the accident, Bill can no longer move his legs and he has no feeling below his ( waist).
2. This book is not to give you everything you want; it only offers ( ) on how to be a successful guidence learner.
3. It is not enough to have ( sympathy) for the disabled. We should learn to respect them and help them understand their valuable role in society. 4. It is easier for a ( mental one.
) wound to heal than a
5. She’s got great ( potential ) and will surely become very successful if she is given the opportunity to develop her skills.
6. That boy is ( gifted ) in painting. He has won many awards in painting competitions for children. 7. Some dogs have been trained to help people who are ( visually ) impaired.
8. The new government programme will ( assist ) disabled students who want to get a college degree.
9. Jane’s ( disability ) does not prevent her from reaching her goal in life. 10. He ( adjusted ) the telescope so that he could see the stars more clearly.
2. Use the correct form of the words in the box to fill in the blanks.
encourage disappoint disable challenge frustrate
Jill, who is fifteen ,has had an accident and now uses a wheelchair. Despite her disability, Jill is trying to live a normal life. She has learnt to do many things without help. She can take care of herself at home, but getting around in the city in a wheelchair is sometimes (chanllenging ). Jill often thinks about her active past and she finds living with disability more and more ( frustrating ). She loves reading about young ( disabled ) people who have overcome great difficulties. One of the most (encouraging ) articles was written by a blind girl who won an award for young scientists.
Jill wrote her a letter, saying that she wanted to make friends with her. The girl did not answer her letter and Jill felt very ( disappointed ).
Then one day she received a letter from the girl. In the letter, the girl explained that she had gone to Britain to attend an international meeting for disabled people and apologised for not having replied sooner. At the end of the letter, she ( encouraged) Jill to develop her potential.
Five Basic Sentence Patterns
主语-系动词-表语 （SVC） 主语-动词 （SV）
主语-动词-宾语-宾语 （SVOO） 主语-动词-宾语-宾语补足语 （SVOC）
S + vt. + Indirect O + Direct O
Dative Verbs answer / award / bring / buy / do / fetch / find / get / give / hand(递给) / lend / leave / offer / owe / pass / pay / promise / read / recommend(推荐) / refuse / rent(租赁)/ save / sell / send / show / sing / take / teach / tell / throw / wish / write
vt. + Indirect O + Direct O
I gave Bob my address. Pass Bob the dictionary, please. I found Bob a place. vt. + Direct O + to/for + Indirect O I gave my address to Bob. Pass the dictionary to Bob, please. I found a place for Bob.
When the position of the direct object and indirect object changes, “to” should be used:
The verbs are: bring, give, leave, lend, offer, owe, pay, pass, hand, read, refuse, return, send, show, teach, tell, throw, write, mail, sell etc. The structure is “v.＋direct object＋to＋indirect object”. e.g. He returned the book to me yesterday.
Mrs. Black handed the package to him.
When the position of the direct object and indirect object changes, “for” should be used:
The verbs are: buy, cook, do, fetch, find, get, make, order, save, sing etc. The structure is “v.＋direct object＋for＋indirect object”. e.g. I bought a wheelchair for the disabled boy. Mother bought the ice-cream for you, not for me.
Some verbs can only be used in the structure:
or V.＋to sb. ＋ n.
The verbs are:
announce, carry, explain, introduce, suggest, etc.
Mr. Green announced to his friends his engagement to Miss White.
take, give, teach, bring, lend, mail, offer, pass, hand, sell, send, show, throw, answer, award, write,
grant, permit, promise
do, buy, cook, pay, choose, fetch, get, leave, make, order, paint, play(演 奏)，
Answer to Exercise One:
1. Please try to find that book for me .
2. I would like you to book a table by the window for us.
3. I can’t wait to show these photos to my parents.
4. Has Mother left some food for us in the fridge? 5. I forgot to send a birthday card to Alice.
Answer to Exercise Two:
1. His mother bought him a computer./ / His mother bought a computer for him. 2. Please lend one yuan to me . / Please lend one yuan to me 3. Please give the cheque to me . / Please give me the cheque. 4. Tom asked me to bring him an umbrella. / Tom asked me to bring him an umbrella. 5.Could you tell me the time?
Answer to Exercise Three:
1.This summer, my grandpa bought some books for me. 2.This summer, my friends sent me short messages. 3. This summer, my aunt and uncle brought candy to me.
4. This summer, I taught my niece English.
1. Do workbook exercises. 2. Review Direct and Indirect Objects.
See you later!
玩牛牛游戏，讲求技术，更讲求牛牛游戏心理本质。技术是树立在精采的心理本质根基上的。没有必然的心理本质教养，即使理解很多牛 牛游戏技术也无法自如应用。玩家起首要熬炼过硬的心理本质。 首要并不是比拼玩家之间牌的大小，而是比拼玩家之间的胆略与智慧。如此一来，对玩家的要求也会树立在技术之上。也就是说要玩家们 具 备精采的心理本质。下面说说玩牛牛所需要的三个最根基的心理本质。 牛牛游戏下载 m.176huyu.com 牛牛游戏下载 jyh62kae 第一，要耐性。很多的玩家们玩牛牛时间一长就会失落失去耐性。如此一来，呈现的状况就是胡乱的投注、胡乱的组牌，懵懵懂懂的一局 游戏就结束了。连自己怎么输都不知道。那么，最终的成绩无非就是输多赢少。所以，当玩家们本身耐性不足之时，必然要想办法让本身 变得专注起来。比如吃一罐辣椒、吃一箩筐大蒜、喝一水桶茶如许都比较有利于提神。 宗看地的。”“多大的地？”有一位公子乡下也有几百亩地产，是本城最大的地主之一，对这话题很感兴趣。“我也不太知道。”七王爷 四两拨千斤，“帐簿太复杂了，我不会看。”唐静轩拦住这个话头：“香已烬，诸位先唱卷罢？休为我等，扰了你们正事。”众人果然一 卷卷展开，当场念出，张挂于壁上，这叫唱卷。有人上句咏尺、下句咏眼睛，有人上句咏眼睛、下句咏尺，只要听得出，那就不妨，若连 咏什么的都听不出，那难免当场受讥辱了。巡案从先交卷的念起，念一卷，众人公议一卷，极其爽辣明白。一卷曰：度量标准线者向，搜 集景物心之窗。下头立即哄道：“大失平仄，亏也敢当卷交！”又道：“上下隔得远了点，联味也有不足。”一卷曰：凡事都斤斤计较， 可谓之处处关心。下头便笑道：“尺子不斤斤计较，斤斤计较的那是称。”一卷曰：论长道短几条线，达意传情两扇窗。下头便批道： “上联末三字，大露俚形。”一卷曰：矒童未领已知错，老朽虽存难辨非。下头便叹道：“老练！可惜‘知错’与‘辨非’却大大的合掌 了。”一卷曰：伸张有度时常卷，过目无形记忆深。下头便讥道：“犯题了，怎的不看两遍再交？况对得也不工。”一卷曰：刻板平直量 世界，随心变幻摄乾坤。下头便诘道：“世界与乾坤，都是一个意思，怎的合掌至此！”一卷曰：发自由心方表意，严于律己再量人。下 头便惜道：“对仗总是小失。”一卷曰：莫看人多怜己少，当量己短问人长。下头便粲道；“眼睛不像眼睛，更像钱啊。”一卷曰：世间 短长须计较，日月黑白总分明。下头便咋道：“失对太甚。”一卷曰：长短曲直凭刻度，是非真假借瞳神。下头便呵道：“瞳字犯题犯 题！”一卷曰：心清方可辨朱碧，身正才能定是非。——呀，这是宝音的卷！宝音缩头勾脑，寿宴上挥斥八极的潇洒模样已经全不见了。 人贵知自己有几斤几两，宝音只等着挨训。幸而诸人倒也宽让她，道：“这样年纪小，也不容易了。”最多教导她，“定是非”拟物性还 是不够切，下次须更进步。全部卷子都读完，当席推了“但凭直爽分长短，只靠圆滑辨是非。”“尽阅人间无限色，难量世上一丸心。” 两卷为上卷，但等令主出第二题，再论佳劣，方定下期令主。宝音的卷子，评在中卷，也不算丢脸了。令主又请唐静轩赐作，唐静轩笑道： “我无捷才，还要想过整柱香，不必麻烦了罢。”七王爷倒是有些技痒，那边有人却请澹台以道：“我等卷子都完了，望先生垂示大作。” 澹台以援笔来，挥道：“属意文房难做宝，栖身鱼肆竟成珠。”形意俱佳，无懈可击，七王爷咋舌，也就不献丑了。 第一题既尘埃落定， 有几个人就撺掇明柯还照先前说的，吹笛子给蝶宵华唱一段儿，给大伙清清心。唐静轩暗道不好：明柯
copyright ©right 2010-2020。