Objectives ?To learn to use to-infinitives for purpose ?To learn to use verbs + objects + toinfinitives
Sentences from this unit: 1. I often go to the market to watch the birds. 2. Some people want to make the wetlands smaller in order to have more space for farms and buildings. 3. Now the Chinese government has made laws to prevent all these things in Zhalong.
4. Every year, a lot of tourists go to
Zhalong to watch the birds.
5. We are now inviting them to help us.
6. We need more people to count and
describe the birds.
to see 1. I’m coming ______ you. asked to lend 2. I _____ him ______ me twenty pounds. 3. I ____ you to carry all the bags. _______ need 4. I’m going to ____ a computer engineer ask _______ to check it. 5. Shall we _____ them _______ dinner invite to have with us? 6. I often go to the market ________ the to watch birds.
7. Some people want to make the wetlands in order to have smaller ______________ more space for farms and buildings. 8. Now the Chinese government has made laws to prevent all these things in _________ Zhalong. 9. Every year, a lot of tourists go to to watch Zhalong ________ the birds. inviting to help 10. We are now _______ them _______ us. need to count 11. We _____ more people ________ and describe ________ the birds.
After several campus (校园) attacks (攻 击), many schools across the country have already taken action ______ their campuses ______. A. making, safe B. made, safe C. to make, safer D. make, safer － How long does it take your father ______ to work every day? － About half an hour. A. drives B. driving C. to drive
在上一单元中我们学习了动词不定式作 宾语的用法，在本单元我们将学习用不 定式表示某一动作或状态的目的，即动 词不定式作目的状语。
I had to work hard to earn money. 我不得不努力工作赚钱。 He stayed at home to finish his homework. 他留在家完成作业。
为了使目的意义更加清楚或表示强调意 义时，还可以在前面加 in order to。 She is running quickly in order to catch the train. 为了赶火车，她正飞快地跑着。 由 in order to 引导的目的状语，既可以 置于句尾，也可以置于句首。 They started early in order to get there in time. = In order to get there in time, they started early. 为了及时赶到那里，他们很早就出发了。
d a b
我们还可以用动词不定式来说明宾语的 情况，此时动词不定式在句中作宾语补 足语。 My mum asks me to play the piano two hours every day. 我妈妈让我每天弹两小时的钢琴。
warn, tell, allow, ask, order, get, invite, wish, want, encourage等 + sb. to do sth.
The teacher told me to clean the blackboard. I want you to give me some help.
watch see 五看 look at observe notice
let 三使 make have
+ sb. do sth. （不带to）
listen to hear
动词help后面的动词不定式可带to，也可 不带to。 She often helps me (to) do the housework. 她常常帮我做家务。 We helped him (to) fix his bike. 我们帮他修自行车。
sing to watch
not to shout
I. 单项选择。 1. Father often tells me ______ too much time on computer games. [2010河南] A. don’t spend B. not spend C. not to spend D. not spending 2. — Why are you so excited? — Peter invited me ______ on a trip to Yuntai Mountain. [2011河南] A. to go B. go C. going D. went
II. 完成句子。 1. 我来这儿是向你告别的。 to say good-bye I come here ______________ to you. 2. 为了赶上火车，我起得很早。 to catch the train I got up early _______________. 3. 他有时请我吃晚饭。 Sometimes he ______________________. invited me to have dinner 4. 妈妈叫我每天读英语。 asked me to read English Mum ______________________ every day.
1. To preview Integrated skills on Pages 75 and 76 2. To learn to ask for advice
1. Review the Grammar and make some sentences with “to-infinitives for purpose” and “verbs + objects + to-infinitives”. 2. Finish the Exercises on Pages 73 and 74.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。