深圳实验学校 2009-2010 学年度第一学期期末考试
考试时间：90 分钟 试卷满分：100 分
说明：本试卷分为两部分,第一部分为客观试题，满分 70 分； 第二部分为主观试题， 满分 30 分；全卷共 100 分，本试卷应在 90 分钟内完成。 注意事项： 1、考生须将自己的姓名，准考证号，考试科目，试卷类型,用 2B 铅笔填涂在答题卡上。 2、请将选择题的答案用 2B 铅笔填涂在答题卡上相对应的位置。 3、答题卷用钢笔或圆珠笔书写，密封线外不得写考生姓名、班级等。 4、考试结束后，请将答题卡和答题卷按顺序整理好一并交回。
I. 听力测试（每小题 1 分，共 20 分） i. 根据你在录音里听到的句子，从下面每小题的 A、B、C 三个选项中选择最佳答句。 （每 小题念一遍） （共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，共 10 分） 1. A. I have a stomachache. B.I should drink more water. C. He has a bad cold. 2. A. About two years. B. At school. C. The day before yesterday. 3. A. You should do more exercise. B. You should go to bed early. C. You should keep healthy. 4. A. Don’t worry. B. That’s nothing. C. You’d better see the doctor. 5. A. That’s a good idea. B. I’m sorry to hear that. C. Thank you very much. 6. A. By bike. B. It’s far. C. About fifteen minutes. 7. A. On foot B. To buy some fruits. C. At four o’clock in the afternoon. 8. A. Yes, she does. B. No, she is twelve years old. C. Yes, it is about 3 kilometers from the park. 9. A. By plane. B. Tomorrow. C. Beijing 10.A.About seven o’clock. B. About 4 miles. C. It’s very beautiful. ii. 下面各组对话后均有一个与对话内容有关的问题，从下面小题的 A、B、C 三个选项中找出 能回答这个问题的最佳答案。 （每小题念两遍） （共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，共 5 分） 11.Where does the conversation probably take place? A. At a restaurant. B. In a hospital. C. At school. 12.What are they doing now?
A. They are at work. C. They are eating.
B. They are helping each other
13.Why does the man eat less than usual? A He isn’t very well. B. He is on a diet. C. He worries about something. 14.Which season is it now? A. Spring. A. Volleyball. B. Winter. B. Football. C. Autumn. C. Baseball. 15.Which is Kate’s favorite sport?
iii. 听短文，从下面每小题的 A、B、C 三个选项中选择最佳答案。 （短文念两遍） （共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，共 5 分）下面你有 15 秒时间阅读 16—20 题 16.What question did the European organization bring forward (提出)? A. Who does the housework? B. How do men like housework? C. Who is the most trustworthy (可信赖的) ? 17. What is the percentage of British husbands who said they did the housework ? A. 38%. housework ? A. 15%. B. 48%. C. 37%. 18. What is the percentage of Italian husbands who said they did the B. 38%. C. 48%.
19. Whose answers were the same as their wives’? A. Italian men. B. British men. C. Danish men. 20. What can we learn from the passage? A. The wives didn’t tell the truth. B. Husbands’ answers are different from their wives’. C. The husbands were not trustworthy. II. 单项选择： （共 15 小题，每题 1 分，共 15 分） 21. If you grow up in ________ large family, you are more likely to develop _______ ability to get on well with _______ others. A./; an; the B. a; the; / C. the; an; the D. a; the; the 22.The singer and dancer, as well as the audience, _______ moved by the drama at that moment. A. were B. was C. is D. are 23.---- Hi, Linda, it’s you. I didn’t recognize you at the first sight. ---- I _________ my hair cut.
A. has B. have C. have had D. will have 24. ---- Which sport do you like better, swimming or diving? ---- I _______ diving _________ swimming because diving is more interesting. A. would rather; than B. prefer; to C. would like; than D. prefer to; rather than 25. ---- Dad, can I get my pocket money now? ---- Well, you have to promise to spend the money in the __________ way. A. lowest B. most effective C. most sociable D. cheapest 26. Mr Li often gives us ___________ by e-mail. A. some good information B. some good informations C. good informations D. a good information 27. _________ of the world’s books and newspaper are written in English. A. Three quarter B. Three of quarters C. Third fourths D. Three fourths 28. Two new hurricanes(飓风) have _________ shape and were expected to hit the U.S later this week. A. kept B. put C. taken D. made 29.--- Is Jill going to our party? --- I don’t know if she __________. If she _______, I will call you at once. A. will come; comes B. will come; will come C. comes; comes D. comes; will come 30. ---_______ you ever _______ the film about the earthquake in Wenchuan? ---Not yet. When ________you _______ it? A. Did; see; do; see B. Have; seen; did; see C. Did; see; have; seen D. Have; seen; have; seen 31. --- He could hardly understand what was being read, _______ ? --- __________ could I. But he thought his English was perfect. A. could he; Neither B. can he; Nor C. couldn’t he; So D. couldn’t he ; Neither 32. Would you mind _____it loudly again? Try to make yourself ______ more clearly. A. say, heard B. to say, hear C. saying, hear D. saying, heard 33. The river smells terrible. People _________ dirty things into it. A. must be stopped to throw B. must be stopped from throwing C. can stop to throw D. may be stopped from throwing 34. ---Charlie Chaplin was a genius, wasn’t he? --- Yes, and you would find _______ difficult ________ when you watch his films because they are so funny. A. that; to laugh B. it; not to laugh C. this; laughing D. it’s; laughing at 35. Which of the following sentence is TRUE？ A. After they arrived at the cinema, the film has begun already. B. He said that his grandma has died for 3 years. C. Although the boy is good at English, but he studied hard.
D. He won’t believe it until he has been told. III. 完型填空（共 10 小题，每题 1 分，共 10 分） Several years ago I received a postcard from a friend. He wrote, “ I am skiing with 36 ! ”I believe he meant he was skiing happily and 37 . I believe that successful men have three secrets. 1. Believe 38 yourself. Winston Churchill showed this in the face of different ideas. During his last year in office, he 39 a ceremony. Several rows behind him two gentlemen said in low voices, “That’s Winston Churchill.” “He is getting old.” “He should ___40__ the nation to a young man.” When the ceremony was over, Churchill 41 to the men and said,〝They also say he is an old deaf!〞Churchill never 42 his right idea. 2. Turn weakness into strength. The pages of history are 43 with the heroic stories of men and women who fought over disabilities. Raise him in 44 , and you have an Abraham Lincoln. Make her blind and deaf, and you have a Helen Keller. 3. Take part in something 45 than yourself. I do not believe you will live happily if you set out to live life for yourself alone. Choose a bigger career and work at it in high spirits. Success is waiting for you. 36. A. horror B. pain C. fun D. cold 37. A. quietly B. noisily C. carefully D. confidently 38. A. in B. of C. and D. on 39. A. visited B. attended C. took D. joined 40. A. leave B. pass C. keep D. send 41. A. flew B. continued C. showed D. turned 42. A. thought about B. gave up C. found out D. took away 43. A. compared B. connected C. covered D. filled 44. A. feature B. poverty C. quality D. richness 45.A. smaller B. less C. bigger D. larger IV. 阅读理解。 （共 25 小题，每题 1 分，满分为 25 分） A Welcome to Earth Museum. Here you can learn some interesting facts about the world we live in. There are many amazing places on Earth. Let’s have a look at forest first. Forests are home to over half of the world’s animals and plants. Trees clean the air and produce oxygen for us to breathe. Every day we throw away hundreds of trees that are made into paper, and we destroy more than 36 football fields of forests. The oceans are home to millions of sea animals. They absorb the sun’s heat, transfer it to the atmosphere and move it around the world. A lot of the rubbish we produce on land pollutes the ocean. Turtles mistake plastic bags for fish and die when they eat them. The Arctic and Antarctic are freezing lands. It is so cold that the sea is covered with ice. Some things we use for energy makes the climate warmer. As it gets warmer, the ice melts and the sea level rises. The land disappears. Rivers collect rain water and carry it to the oceans. Along the way, plants absorb and clean the water so it is safe for us to drink. Farms and factories pollute the rivers with pesticides and chemicals. So, we should try our best to protect the environment. 46. Which of the following is NOT true about the forests? A. Forests produce oxygen for us to breathe
B. We can cut many trees down in the forests. C. Forests clean the air. D. Forests are home to many animals and plants. 47. Why do turtles eat plastic bags? A. They mistake plastic bags for fish. B. Plastic bags look like fish C. Plastic bags are a kind of food for turtles to eat. D. They like eating plastic bags 48. When the climate gets warmer, (1) The ice melts (2) The sea rises (3) The land disappears (4) The turtles grow bigger A. (1) (3) B. (1) (2) (4) C. (2) (3) D. (1) (2) (3) 49. What does the underlined word “transfer” mean in Chinese? A. 播种 B. 收获 Ｃ. 运输 Ｄ. 传送
50. What does the passage mainly tell us? A. Have a trip to Earth Museum. Ｂ.The oceans are home to millions of sea animals C. We should try our best to protect the environment. D. Forests are home to over half of the world’s animals and plants. B Jonathan was a model. As one of the few male models in the industry, many of the best designers and clients recognized his face instantly. Whenever Jonathan walked the catwalk, many photographers could not help but to take his picture, and whenever he appeared on the pages of magazines, the issue would sell-out within a few hours. With his closet full of clothes, fantastic looks, a handsome smile, and the strong connections to important people, many people believed Jonathan “had it all.” However, looks can be deceiving. Although Jonathan had a very comfortable life, he often felt empty inside. For him, walking down the catwalk was like walking through the supermarket. When he was working, the smile he gave to photographers was not a real smile from his heart. When he traveled in cities like Hong Kong, Paris, and New York, he never went to see museums and important places, but spent most of his time in his luxurious hotel room alone, watching television for hours on end. No matter how much his money he had, Jonathan could not leave behind the memory of his childhood. Although he had always been handsome, Jonathan was an unhappy child. Late at night, Jonathan would cry himself to sleep, thinking about the other boys at his school. The boys used to hit him everyday, and because he was so thin, he could not fight them back. One time he remembered a classmate once hit him so hard he ended up in the hospital. Since then, Jonathan worked hard to show everyone he was a true man, and soon his success as a model helped him gain confidence. But, alone in his hotel room, Jonathan had no one who he could call a “true friend.” Each time his telephone rang, he hoped it would be someone calling to take away his sadness. Tonight, he hoped, the man inside the pictures would come alive, and he could be perfect like everyone thought he already was.
51. What is the meaning of “looks can be deceiving”? A. Looking at something can tell you everything about it B. The outside appearance does not always reveal the truth C. A person's emotions are revealed in his eyes D. Jonathan forgot to wear his glasses 52. What is the meaning of “hours on end” A. For many hours B. For one hour C. For less than an hour D. Until the hour ends 53. Although Jonathan had a lot of money, what could he not forget? A. To be thankful for all he had B. The memories from his childhood C. To visit Tsim Sha Tsui when he was in Hong Kong D. The fundamentals of modeling 54. How is the “man inside the pictures” different from Jonathan? A. One is thin, and the other is fat. B. One is male, and the other is female. C. One is tall, and the other is short. D. One is happy, and the other is sad. 55. What do you think would make Jonathan happier? A. More money B. A true friend C. A Louis-Vuitton bag D. A new job C Book Chasing Vermeer If you like who done it police stories that keep your brain working, then Chasing Vermeer is your perfect read. Two children, Calder and Petra, try to find out who stole an expensive Vermeer painting. Vermeer was a famous artist. This book will make you want to read all night! Game GYA This game will keep your thumbs and fingers moving all day. You have to press the lights when they light up. Do you think it sounds easy? Well, think again because it’s actually very difficult. If you miss a lot of lights you’ll lose the game. You will not be able to put this game down. It will push you beyond your limits. Phone Verballs (鬼马精灵) This might look like a furry （毛绒的）toy, but it’s a talking Internet phone. Just plug your Verballs into your USB port on your computer and you can
phone all your friends for free, all around the world! Verballs is not only useful, but also fun! When your friend speaks, your Verballs will make his light flash, his arms wave and his mouth move. Art Painting by Numbers This is a colorful set which helps you to paint like a real artist. Each color has a number and the numbers are on the picture for you to follow. Painting beautifully has never been easier. Everyone will think you are the next teenage genius. Of course, it’s up to you whether you tell them how you did it so well.
56. In Chasing Vermeer, Vermeer was A. a painting B. an artist C. a policeman D. a thief 57.If you are very interested in playing games, you may choose A. Chasing Vermeer B. GYA C. Verballs D. Painting by Numbers 58.If your friend talks with you on the Verballs, your Verballs will A. open his arms B. make his light flash C. close his mouth D. move his legs 59.You can paint beautifully with Painting by Numbers because A. you have improved your painting B. you are very good at painting C. you are a teenage genius D. you can follow each color’s number 60. According to the passage, you can A. buy Chasing Vermeer at the lowest price B. win GYA easily in a few minutes C. telephone your friends all over the world with your Verballs D. be a real artist if you try Painting by Numbers D HIV/AIDS is one of the most serious and heart-breaking problems in the world. In China today, many believe between 430,000 and 1 million people have the virus. Although not as serious as in poorer countries around the world, the Chinese government and people should still be concerned about the spread of the virus. The government reported the first Chinese person to die from AIDS in June 1985. Since then, many policies were created to help prevent people from getting the virus. Later that year, China stopped importing blood products from other countries. Five years later, the Ministry of Health created the National AIDS Committee to create the best plans to stop HIV/AIDS. Two years later, a national hotline was established to give advice and comfort to people who have HIV. However, even with new laws about blood collection and usage, all 31 provinces in China had people with AIDS living in them within six years. In the mid-1990s, people in the Chinese government visited other places to learn more about
how to control the virus, including Australia, the US, Brazil, Thailand, and countries in Africa. By 2003, China created the “Four Free and One Care” policy. The policy gives free medication to people who have the virus, free medication to prevent new mothers from giving the virus to their children, free education to children whose parents died from AIDS, free HIV tests, and care to people who have HIV/AIDS. One year later, President Hu Jintao talked to AIDS patients face-to-face in Beijing to find out what they really need. In addition, Premier Wen Jiabao became the first premier to shake hands with a person who had HIV. However, even with all these activities, the number of people who have the virus grows more each year. 61. According to the article, how many people in China have HIV/AIDS? A. Ten thousand B. Four hundred thousand C. Six hundred and fifty thousand D. Two million 62. What does the “Four Free and One Care” policy not give? A. Free medication B. Free education C. Free HIV tests D. Free housing 63. In which year was the national hotline created? A.1992 B.1985 C.1998 D. 1990 64. When had HIV spread to all of China? A. 1996 B. 1997 C. 1998 D. 1999 65. Why did Premier Wen Jiabao shake hands with someone who had HIV? A. To show the virus would not infect him through a handshake B. To show people they should not be afraid C. To show the government is working to help people with HIV D. All of the above E
Without a clear idea of what to do, Jennifer reached into her bag for her mobile phone and began filming the scenes that unfolded before her. In her neighborhood, complaints of police brutality (violence) kept her and her family afraid of those in charge of protecting them. Images of past newscasts flashed quickly before her eye, and the fear that those distant images were being reproduced before her made videotaping the only logical choice. She remembered the incident on the newscast in early 2009 of a man on the metro train on whom the police used too much force.
Fearing the man, who turned out to be homeless, had a weapon hidden within the rags of clothing he wore, the officers pushed him to the ground and began to hit him repeatedly with their nightsticks upwards of thirty times. The man screamed for help, but as many bystanders (周围的人) are afraid of being involved, the man's cries fell on deaf ears. Although no one came to help him, one citizen dared to record the attack on his mobile phone. The video was shown on many news programs, on video-sharing websites such as Youtube and Youku, and was very important in helping the homeless man find justice. She watched horrified as the police pulled the young man from his car, pulled him onto the pavement, and began to hit him repeatedly. Even when the man stopped moving, one officer
continued to beat the man's silent body. Jennifer used her mobile phone as a weapon too, planning to use her video to hopefully create change in the level of violence police officers use against unarmed (无武器) citizens. 66.What does the phrase, “fell on deaf ears” refer to? A. the man's cries were answered and people helped him B. the man's cries were not answered, and no one helped him C. the man's cried out, but people did not hear him D. the man had trouble hearing 67. Did the man on the metro have any weapons? A. No, probably not B. Yes, probably. C. He had a knife D. He had a gun 68. The police hit the man in front of Jennifer how many times? A. until the man stopped moving B. the police did not hit the man C. upwards of thirty times D. a reasonable amount of times. 69. Why do videos help the men “find justice”? A. videos make great souvenirs B. people often trust policemen more than average citizens C. videos show the men did not have any weapons D. answers B and C 70. What is the main theme of this passage? A. Police officers do a good job against crime. B. Jennifer likes to videotape things C. Videotaping is a good weapon against police violence D. Weapons are a serious problem in American cities
I．用所给词的正确形式填空： （共 10 分）
A. 根据首字母提示完成句子，使句子意思完整，通顺。 （共 10 题， 每题 0.5 分，共 5 分）
1. We a__________ your help very much. 2. Every a__________ space on the wall was covered in pictures. 3. It's one of the most popular m______ of satellite phones on the market. 4. I wish you'd stop looking at me like that. You're making me n_________. 5. I am in c__________ with him on the Internet. It’s fun to share our ideas online. 6. The first i_________ of Hong Kong is likely to be that everyone is in a rush.
7. Please pass on my greeting and kindest r_______ to your family. 8. Do you think a teacher ’s personal attractiveness can i__________ their students? 9. This book is an a_______ to help you use English and recognize how it is used. 10. It’s amazing that the man can s__________ the earthquake after 10 days in the ruins.
B. 根据句意，用括号所给单词的适当形式填空，使句子意思完整，通顺。 （共 10 题， 每题 0.5 分，共 5 分）
11. If I am not _________(mistake), you should apologize to me. 12. The __________ (discover) by Franklin that lightning is electricity is remarkable. 13. If you have any question, contact me without any _______. ( hesitate) 14. The guide gives a general d__________ (describe) of the island before we go there. 15. A study says people who feel they are treated u_______ (fair) will easily get heart disease. 16. Every student could use all the resource in the library _______(free). 17. From now on, believe yourselves to correct your bad ________ (behave). 18. A well-_______ (education) dog is able to guide the blind. 19. These books are ________ (help) to me. It’s a waste of time reading them. 20. The news caused great _________(excited) among scientists. II. 用英语解释下列句子（共 5 小题，每题 2 分，共 10 分） 1. Your spoken English won’t be improved unless you practice more. 2. It seemed that they had finished the work. 3. I won’t drive a car. I will ride a bike instead. 4. The old man glanced at them, and then went away. 5. He felt guilty and he had no idea what to do. III. 书面表达： （10 分） 假设今天下午我们要举行一个讨论会，我们要谈论的话题是“NEVER GIVE UP ” ，请你 写一篇发言稿以便在班上进行讨论，介绍一下你是怎么认为“NEVER GIVE UP”的。要用具 体实例来证明永不放弃可以带来成功，文章要条理清楚，语法正确，语意连贯。80 词左右。 开头和结尾已给出，不计入总词数。 参考词汇：give up; reach one’s goal(目标); stop…from…; make progress Dear teachers and friends,
That’s all. Thank you.
题 得 号 分 I II III 总 分 总 分 人 复核人
I．用词的适当形式填空：(共 20 个空，每空 0.5 分，共 10 分)（写出完整的单 词） 1____________2____________3____________4___________5___________
II. 用英语解释下列句子（共 5 小题，每题 2 分，共 10 分）
1. Your spoken English won’t be improved unless you practice more. ____________________________________________________________
2. It seemed that they had finished the work. ____________________________________________________________ 3. I won’t drive a car. I will ride a bike instead. ____________________________________________________________ 4. The old man glanced at them, and then went away. _____________________________________________________________ 5. He felt guilty and he had no idea what to do. _____________________________________________________________
III. 书面表达（10 分）
假设今天下午我们要举行一个讨论会，我们要谈论的话题是“NEVER GIVE UP ” ，请你写一 篇发言稿以便在班上进行讨论，介绍一下你是怎么认为“NEVER GIVE UP”的。要用具体实 例来证明永不放弃可以带来成功，文章要条理清楚，语法正确，语意连贯。 80 词左右。开头和结尾已给出，不计入总词数。
参考词汇：give up; reach one’s goal(目标); stop…from…; make progress
Dear teachers and friends,
That’s all. Thank you.
深圳实验学校 2009-2010 学年度第一学期期末考试 初三年级英语试卷听力原文材料
i. 根据你在录音里听到的句子，从下面每小题的 A、B、C 三个选项中选择最佳答句。 （每小题念一遍） （共
10 小题，每小题 1 分，共 10 分）
1. What’s the matter with you, Bill? 2. When did your sore back start, Kate? 3. What should I do if I feel tired? 4. I’m not feeling well. Maybe I have a bad cold 5. I hope you will get well and come back to school soon. 6. How long does it take you to go to school by bike? 7. How does your mother often go shopping? 8. Does Mary often take a taxi to the park? 9. Where are the Greens going for their vacation? 10. How far is it from your home to school? ii. 下面各组对话后均有一个与对话内容有关的问题，从下面小题的 A、B、C 三个选项中找出能回答这个
问题的最佳答案。 （每小题念两遍） （共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，共 5 分）
11. W: Oh, delicious！The dish is good. M: Would you like me to order more for you? W: No, thank you. I am full. 12. W: Help yourself to some vegetables. They are delicious. M: thank you. 13. W: You seem to eat less than usual. What’s wrong with you? M: I am worried about the coming exam. I am afraid I will fail it. 14. M: Lovely weather. The air is so cool and the sky is so blue. W: Yes, it’s wonderful after the long hot summer. 15. W: Which does Kate like best, football, volleyball or baseball? M: I think she likes volleyball best. iii. 听短文，从下面每小题的 A、B、C 三个选项中选择最佳答案。 （短文念两遍） （共 5 小题， 每小题 1 分，共 5 分）下面你有 15 秒时间阅读 16—20 题 How many men do housework? Recently a European organization tried to find out people’s ideas. As part of their survey, they asked many men and women the question, “Who does the housework?” The men answered very differently from the women! The housework included: preparing meals, washing dishes, cleaning the house and babysitting. 48% of the British husbands said they did these things. 37 % of the Danish men helped in the house. But
only 15% of the Italian men said they did the housework; many of them said they never helped at all! But there was an interesting point of view from the wives. According to British wives, only 38% of their husbands helped in the house. And Italian wives said that their husbands hardly ever helped. The Italian and British men did not tell the truth! The organization found that Danish men were the most trustworthy husbands; their answers were the same as their wives’.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。