益阳市箴言中学 2015—2016 学年高一 3 月月考 英语试题
时间：120 分钟 满分：150 分 第一部分：听力（共 20 小题，每题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题，满分 7.5 分）请听下面 5 段对话，选出最佳选项。 1. What does the woman want? A. Tea. B. Water. C. Coffee.
2. What are the speakers talking about? A. A class schedule. B. The economics class. C. The man’s major.
3. Why does the man look fresh and energetic? A. He swims quite often. B. He slept well last night. C. He went to a fitness class.
4. What does the woman think of boxed food? A. Much better than the food in the restaurant. B. Too rich in fat and oil. C. She likes it.
5. What probably caused the woman’s son’s problem? A. Playing computer games too often. B. Working too hard at his lessons. C. Doing too much homework.
第二节（共 15 小题，满分 22.5 分）请听下面 5 段对话或独白，选出最佳选项。 请听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Where are the speakers talking? A. In the hospital. B. At home. C. On the phone.
7. What do we know about the boy? A. He is well looked after when he is ill. B. He has already had ten glasses of water.
C. He can only use water to fight against his fever. 请听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. What are the speakers doing? A. Watching a movie. B. Having dinner. C. Making soup.
9. What does the man complain about the woman? A. She seldom talks to him. B. She doesn’t cook very well.
C. She watches too many commercials. 请听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What are the speakers mainly talking about? A. Their co-worker. B. A department. C. A surprise party.
11. Where will the speakers hold the party? A. In a hotel. B. In the man’s house. C. In the woman’s house.
12. What will Carrie do probably? A. Put up some balloons. B. Buy a large card. C. Make a cake.
请听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What is the relationship between the speakers? A. Shop assistant and customer. 14. What do we know about the man? A. He is in poor health. B. He drinks twice a week. C. He smokes once in a while. B. Doctor and patient. C. Good friends.
15. What does the woman think about the man’s drinking habit? A. He may keep his drinking habit. C. He should drink more. 16. What will the man do tomorrow? A. Have a blood test. B. Have a chest X-ray. C. Keep his stomach empty all the day. B. He should stop drinking completely.
请听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. How many children does the woman have? A. Six. B. Five. C. Four.
18. Who has the easiest job among the children? A. Suzy. B. Peggy. C. Billy.
19. When will the children have the dinner? A. After 9:15. B. At 6:30. C. At 6:00.
20. How should children have their dinner? A. Together with their poor mother. B. Together with their father. C. One by one.
第二部分：阅读部分（共 20 小题，每题 2 分，满分 40 分）
第一节：共 15 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 30 分 Passage A There are four main areas when it comes to your dog’s body language — his ears and face, eyes, nose and tail. If you pay attention to those things, you’ll find you are able to easily understand how your dog is feeling. Ears and face The head of a dog is more expressive than you think. If you say a word that he recognizes, like his name or something you say often, his ears will get up. His mouth is another good instruction. A mouth that is wide open to pant (喘气) with some sound suggests that the dog is happy — some people even say when a dog is panting, he is laughing as he cools himself. A tongue sticking out suggests that the dog is in a good mood. Eyes To a dog, purple and blue are both seen as shades of blue. Red is seen as black or dark grey. Orange, yellow and green are seen as various shades of yellow. This means that, to a dog, bright orange toys are the same yellow shade. If you want your dog to clearly see his toys in the green grass you’d better give the dog blue toys; if you have orange, yellow or green toys, the dog will be able to find them with his nose. Nose A dog can both sniff and breathe through his nose. Breathing is for air, but when dogs sniff with short breaths they are actually following some scents (气味) with his keen (灵敏的) nose. When a dog is overheated, his sense of smell is reduced by as much as 40 percent and he uses the air to cool himself rather than for smelling. Puppies’ noses can help find their mother when their eyes and ears are closed. The function will disappear by the time they are adults. Tail Lastly, you need to pay attention to your dog’s tail, because it shows what he is thinking and feeling. A dog that is in a good mood will have a tail that seems to be going a mile a minute — wagging, and excited. However, an angry or frightened dog will have his tail between his legs. 21. The author’s purpose in writing the first paragraph is to _____. A. advise you to look after your dog C. explain what is body language B. introduce the topic of the passage D. call on anyone to protect dogs
22. When your dog feels happy, he will _____. a. keep his mouth wide open soundlessly c. open his mouth to breathe with some sound A. a, b B. c, d C. a, d b. bark all the time in front of you d. keep his tongue sticking out
D. b, c
23. Why does your dog use his nose when looking for orange, yellow or green toys in the grass? A. Because he wants to show how keen his nose is. B. Because his nose is keener than his eyes in the open air. C. Because he can’t tell the difference between toys and grass. D. Because these colors are all shades of yellow in his eyes. 24. Which of the following is TRUE according to the last two parts “Nose” and “Tail”? A. Adult dogs can’t use their nose to find their mothers. B. When a dog feels too hot, he will lose his sense of smell. C. Dogs often sniff with short breaths when they feel sad. D. A dog’s tail can’t show his feelings unless he is frightened.
Passage B I decided to go back to school in the fall of 2010 for not being happy with my current job and financial status. I got my Associate (大专毕业证书) in May 2002 in commercial art. After graduation, I had trouble getting a job in that field. For years, I was going from one job to another, and I was not satisfied with unstableness (不稳定). I decided to go back to school to study either international business or psychology (心理学). I weighed the pros and cons of both professions and psychology won. I like helping my friends and family. When they are faced with hard situations in their life, I’d like to give them sound advice and be honest with them. Also, I was interested in the “mind”. I searched for online schools because my work schedule would not allow me to study in a classroom. I was nervous about taking online classes because I had heard mixed stories from my friends who were taking online classes. I decided to do it anyway to experience something different. I wanted to find an online school that was affordable and believable. While I was doing the online search, I discovered Walden University, which is specially for working adults who want
to have a bachelor’s degree or higher. The process of getting accepted was easy, i.e. writing an essay on why I wanted to attend their school, sending my previous credits (以前的成绩), etc. I am currently enrolled in the bachelor’s program for psychology, and I am paying for college via financial-aid loans (贷款). This experience has been interesting and yet upsetting as sometimes it was difficult to balance work, school and home life. I have learned a lot about psychology and myself. For example, I like writing about current events, relationships and traveling. I thought my English composition was ordinary, but after taking a few classes at Walden University, I have improved my English composition and it has made me feel confident enough to start writing professionally. Now I am a freelancer (自由撰稿人) and I am only three classes away from getting my bachelor’s degree in psychology. It is one of the best decisions I have made in my life. 25. What did the author study in the first place when he was in college? A. Psychology. C. International business. B. Commercial art. D. English composition.
26. What does the underlined part “pros and cons” in Paragraph 2 probably mean? A. Education of a university. C. Advantages and disadvantages. B. Suggestions and conditions. D. Difficulty that may appear.
27. Why was the author nervous about taking online classes? A. Some of his friends didn’t think highly of the classes. B. He felt that he had not enough time to study. C. The college entrance exam is very difficult. D. He was afraid that he could not afford the online classes. 28. We can know from the passage that the author _____. A. was unable to find a full-time job C. prefers to make a living by writing B. is most interested in psychology D. paid his schooling by working hard
Passage C Four years ago my sweet mom went to be with her Lord(上帝). She did it her way. I got the call at work, and I headed home quickly. Mom and Dad lived on a small farm that they had owned since I was seven. I hated going there every weekend. There was nothing for a young girl to do but watch the one station on the old TV set, if the weather allowed reception. My mom, on the other hand, loved the peace and quiet of the land. The place was rustic, with
no indoor plumbing or heat. We had a big wood stove in the kitchen that did its best to heat the little farmhouse, but it always seemed cold and too quiet to me. In the evenings, my mom and I would sit for hours singing in the little kitchen. I sang the melody and Mom harmonized. Her favorite song was "Moon River" and we sang it over and over. Mom told me stories about how when I was a little girl, I could sing before I could talk. As time passed, I had my own children and went to visit them every week or two. The kids loved the farm and the tractor rides with my dad. Me, well, I still hated the silence of the farm. While my mom loved to sit at her kitchen table and look out at her garden and flowers and retell all the old stories, I missed the hustle and bustle （喧闹） of my life at home. But I sat there listening quietly as she reminisced. Now, I sat back in the silence and the silence was deafening so I finally leaned over to turn on an old radio. Music always comforted me. My heart skipped a beat. "Moon River" was playing on the radio. I sat there stunned, with a tear running down my cheek, as I listened to every familiar note. 29. From the first paragraph, we know that the writer’s mother ________. A. passed away four years ago C. left for Lord to live her own way A. recalled(回忆) B. comforted B. left the small farm with Lord D. preferred to be with Lord C. shouted D. sighed(叹息)
30. The underlined word reminisced in the fifth paragraph probably means ________.
31. The writer didn’t like staying in the farm for the following reasons except that ________. A. it was too cold and quiet B. she could only sing one song in the small farm C. there was nothing more that could make her excited D. the place was rustic, with no indoor plumbing or heat 32. Which of the following would be the best title for this passage? _______ A. Cherish life C. Our small farmhouse B. My happy childhood D. Mom’s music
Passage D Many of us are interested in time travel and shuttling back and forth (来回地) to the past or the future. Who wouldn’t be enthralled by returning to the past or seeing the future? But time travel seems to be possible only in our imagination or in science fiction (科幻小说). Science fiction is a world where impossible things can become possible and that’s why most of us like it. But science fiction is not entirely fiction since it is based on science theories (理论). Time travel, for instance, is a theme used by sci-fi writers. Readers may sometimes think writers
have first-hand experience of it. I have collected some of the popular ways in which time travel is made possible in science fiction: ● Through the wormhole — A wormhole is a path between points in space-time. According to Einstein, an object can pass through a wormhole if it can travel at the speed of light. An example of a wormhole is described in Riddle of the Red Bible. ● Through a black hole — A black hole is a vacuum (真空) in space where light cannot even escape or pass through. In some sci-fi movies, like Star Trek, black holes became the means to travel through time. ● Through time machines — In science fiction, time machines are vehicles that can travel faster than light. It can be a strange vehicle like the TARDIS in Doctor Who or a special car like the one used in Back to the Future. But these special vehicles would need a wormhole to travel to the past or the future. ● Through parallel universe (平行宇宙) — Another popular way to travel through time is to be able to get into a parallel universe where one can go back to a point in time and see a different reality. Though we know time travel may not be possible, it is still an entertaining subject and a heated topic for most of us. And in science fiction, where reality is always in the imagination, time does not really matter. 33. The underlined word “enthralled” in Paragraph 1 probably means “_____”. A. defeated B. confused C. shocked D. attracted
34. What can we learn from the passage? A. Time travel might become possible in the far future. B. Time machines can’t travel to the past or the future without a wormhole. C. Sci-fi writers have similar experiences to those they describe in their fiction. D. An object can travel to the past or the future when its speed is faster than light. 35. What is the author’s purpose in writing this passage? A. To arouse the heated topic of time travel among readers. B. To introduce how humans travel through time in science fiction. C. To introduce the author’s knowledge of time travel to the readers. D. To compare different ways of time travel mentioned in some science fictions.
第二节（共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能 填入空白处的最佳选项，选项中有两项为多余选项。 English can be a difficult language to learn, but there are certain things you can do to learn the language a lot faster. People can master English as long as they take the time to practice speaking, reading and writing in English. (36)_________ Start by taking a class that teaches beginning English. These classes are often named as “ESL” classes, or “English as a Second Language.” (37)________ Buy an English audio(音频的) course. You can go over these classes in your spare time and learn quite a bit. Buy an audio course and listen to it in the car or while working, if possible. The higher the quality of the course, the quicker you’ll learn. Practice speaking English with other people, especially with native English speakers. (38) _______ And make sure they are willing to help you learn English by having simple conversations with you. You will probably be surprised at how quickly you can start having a conversation in English. (39)________ Pay attention to the dialogue and try to figure out what the actors are saying. Congratulate yourself when you are able to pick out certain words and phrases that you understand. Read newspapers, books and magazines that are printed in English. At first they maybe very difficult, but as your knowledge grows so will your understanding of written English. (40) ______ It will help you a lot in learning to speak the language much faster.
A. Try to understand written English. B. Watch television shows or movies that are in English. C. Read and remember as many English words as possible. D. Here we will show you how to learn to speak English quickly. E. Every morning you should get up very early and read English. F. Make friends with people speaking English as their native language. G. The teachers of these classes have the experience to teach the students.
第三部分：英语知识运用 (共两节，满分 45 分) 第一节：完形填空 （共20小题；每小题1.5 分，满分30分） Several years ago, some people told me I was really stupid and laughed at me. I 41 it. All my life, I achieved grades that were only fairly 42 , and over time I felt I couldn’t catch up with my classmates. I thought I would never achieve great achievements (成就). I felt a sense of shame and a sense of 43 . I didn’t get accepted into the course I wanted, 44 I was most upset. My dad told me, “You have two 45 . Do a pre-university course or take up an easier course.” I thought for a long time and 46 made the decision that changed my whole life. I flew to another city, enrolled (注册学习) in a pre-university course and 47 very successfully. Of course, it wasn’t that 48 . While I was doing my course, it was difficult. I 49 and I wouldn’t give up. I decided that I was going to 50 to everyone that I could make it. The greatest force that kept me moving was the lasting 51 from my family and my best friends. They never looked down on me and they were supportive all the way through. I had a strong will. I just kept 52 myself. Over and over again the situation convinced me to 53 but I did not! I told myself I was going to start a new life. Exams came and went and the 54 were out. I was 55 . It was my first exam since I started my new life. And I did it. Looking back on my life, I find all the criticism (批评) that I’ve received is now not only a(n) 56 for me to do better, but something that tells me that no one can 57 you who you are. I’ve learnt no one will be able to 58 me. Everything is up to me. Whatever I choose or whoever I 59 to be, it’s all up to ME! I may not be a 60 person but I have a strong will. 41. A. hated 42. A. early 43. A. uselessness 44. A. although 45. A. levels 46. A. finally 47. A. insisted 48. A. tiring B. ignored B. good B. relief B. because B. choices B. immediately B. escaped B. satisfying C. understood C. hopeless C. weakness C. so C. purposes C. firmly C. passed C. unusual D. believed D. sudden D. surprise D. but D. desires D. truly D. recovered D. simple
49. A. suffered 50. A. show 51. A. warning 52. A. enjoying 53. A. take over 54. A. awards 55. A. nervous
B. struggled B. explain B. punishment B. pushing B. give out B. results B. honest
C. regretted C. introduce C. support C. teaching C. give up C. efforts C. ashamed C. arrangement C. make C. defend C. deserve C. wise
D. sighed D. send D. training D. helping D. take in D. causes D. bored D. message D. award D. accept D. want D. strong
56. A. encouragement B. lesson 57. A. bring 58. A. protect 59. A. prove 60. A. smart B. ask B. influence B. dare B. lucky
在下列句子的空格处填入适当的内容或括号内单词的正确形式。 61. Contrary to __________ many people might assume, evidence shows that sharks seldom attack humans. 62. The missing boy was nowhere ___________ (find). 63. The possibility _________ pleasant smells might reduce pain has recently been suggested by new research. 64. Old English consisted of a __________ （mix）of the Angles and the Saxons’ languages. 65. When he woke up, he found himself ___________ (lie) in a warm bed. 66. By the time he was 18 years old, he _____________ (travel) to most of the countries in Europe. 67. She was very grateful _________ her teachers, who gave her much care and encouragement. 68. It is ___________ (interest) to learn how the words for animals and meat developed. 69. At the sight of the bear, the girl stepped back and shook _________ fear. 70. By this time next year my brother ____________ (finish) high school.
第四部分 写作 (共两节，满分 35 分)
第一节 短文改错 (共10小题; 每小题1分, 满分10分)【新题型】 短文中共有10处错误，错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。
增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号(∧)，并在此符号下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线( \ )划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词的下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词；
Yesterday is my best friend Li Ming’s birthday. When the school was over, I went to the bookshop. I bought a book calling Exploring Space, and had them wrapped for him. Since he had wanted to buy this book for week. I knew that he would be very pleasing with my present. When I got the party, Li Ming said hello to me with a big smile. I noticed that there were much presents on the floor, and I was sure that mine would be her favourite. I gave the present to Li Ming and whispered in his ear, “You will love it.” He could not wait to unwrap it. All of a sudden, the smile on his face disappeared. I looked and I saw some big red words on the cover of the book that said, Caring for Your Baby! I had picked up the wrong book in the shop!
第二节 书面表达（满分25分） 随着手机的普及化， 越来越多的学生将手机带入校园。 你作为校刊记者对一些师生就学 生随身携带手机的现象进行了采访。请根据下面所提供的信息用英语给你校校刊写一篇报 道，客观介绍人们的看法，并表述自己的观点。要点如下： 支持者的看法 方便与家人朋友联系； 可以放松一下自己； 一些手机应用对学习有帮助； 注意：1. 内容应包括以上要点，可以适当增加细节，以使内容连贯； 2. 词数 100 左右，开头已给出，不计入总词数。 参考词汇：手机应用 APP 使分心 distract（动词）/distraction(名词) 反对者的看法 使学生分心，成绩下降； 影响睡眠； ？ 你的看法
It’s common nowadays in some schools that students take mobile phones with them. And people
have distinctly different ideas on this issue. ——————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————————————————————————————— ———————————————————————————————————————
听力部分（共 30 分，每小题 1.5 分） 01—20 BABCA BCBAA BCBCA ACABB
阅读部分（共 40 分，每小题 2 分） 21—40 BBDAB CACAA BDDBB DGFBA
完形填空（共 30 分，每小题 1.5 分） 41—60 DBACB ACDBA CBCBA ACBDA
语法知识填空（共 15 分，每小题 1.5 分）
61. what 62. to be found 63. that 64. mixture 65. lying 66. had travelled 67. to 68. interesting 69. with 70. will have finished
短文改错（共 10 分，每处 1 分） 第一句： 71. is 改为 was 72. 去掉 school 前面 the 73. calling 改为 called 74. them 改为 it 75. week 改为 weeks 76. pleasing 改为 pleased 77. got 后加 to 78. much 改为 many 79. and 改为 but 80. favourite 前 her 改为 his
书面表达（满分 25 分） It’s common nowadays in some schools that students take mobile phones with them. And people have distinctly different ideas on this issue. Some people approve of it. First of all, it’s convenient for students to keep in touch with families and friends by using mobile phones. It can also relieve students of stress from time to time. Besides, some Apps can help students with their study, such as Youdao Dictionary and music players for listening practice. However, others object to it because it’s a great distraction for students, which may cause a drop in grades. And addicted to mobile phones, some students may spend much of their sleep time playing with mobile phones. In my opinion, students should be allowed to use mobile phones as long as they keep in mind that study is their major task.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。