Phrases 1. 与……相似 2. 对……有…….的态度 3. 对…….充满热情的 4. 以……的方式 5. 被……所惊叹 6. 按组/以小组形式 7. 起初 8. 给我们指示 9. 换句话说 10. 期待做某事 11. 对…….印象深刻
be similar to have a positive/negative attitude to/towards
be enthusiastic about in a ….manner be amazed at sth in groups at first give sb instructions in other words look forward to doing sth be very impressed with
Useful expressions How’s it going? 你好吗？ secondary school 中学 high school diploma 高中文凭 after- school activity 课外活动 theater club 戏剧社 Supplement (补充): compulsory education/course 义务教育/ 必修课 选修课 optional/elective/selective course 协会 association 社团
1. …, Shijiazhuang, a city not far from Beijing. 同位语(appositive) 1) Mr. Mother, our physics teacher, is of medium build. 2) Lucy, a dragon lady, is always criticizing others. 3) You must have heard of Charles Dickens, the British writer. 4) The teachers are trying to help us students. 5) They each have a book. 6) The message that Jack loves her has been sent out.
2. Ms Shen’s method of teaching is nothing like that of the teachers at my Junior High school. that= the method
The size of Li Kang’s new class is much larger than that of his previous one.
今天的天气与过去几天不一样。 The whether today is different from that in the past few days. I prefer the movies made by Jiang Wen to those _____ made by Feng Xiaogang. 【归纳】that= the + n(单数) those= the + n(复数)
1). I like the car but I have no money to buy it _______. 2). Jack and I studied together in America for it three years; I’ll never forget _______. 3). Do you need my pen ? one No, thanks, I have got _______. one 4). I like cars but I can’t afford to buy _______. 【归纳】one= a/an + n 泛指 it 指代同一事、东西
【练习】 it / that/ the one/ the ones/ one/ those 1. －Did you find your dictionary yesterday? it but I’ve bought ____. one － No, I didn’t find ____, one/that on the desk. 2. The book here is better than the ________ 3. The population of Chengdu is smaller than that ___ of Beijing. 4. －Would you like a cup of coffee? one －No, I’ve just had _____. 6. －Do you have my book, Mr Wang? it right here. － Yes, I have _____ 7. These pictures are more beautiful than those ____ on the wall.
3. In other words, there are three times as many girls as boys.
也就是说,女同学的数量是男同学的3倍。 女同学数量比男同学大2倍。 Girls are three times as many as boys. Girls are three times more than boys. 倍数的表达方式归纳： 1) 倍数 + as + 形容词 + as 2) 倍数 + 形容词比较级 + than 3) 倍数 + the + 名词(size/length /width/ height/ weight…) + of
1. The new stadium being built for the next Asia Games will be ______ the present one. A. as three times big as B. three times as big as C. as big as three times D. as big three times as 2. It’s said that the power plant is now ______ large as what it was. A. twice as B. as twice B. twice much D. much twice
成都七中新校区(campus)是林荫校区的两倍大。 The new campus of No. 7 High is twice as big as Linyin Campus. The new campus of No. 7 High is twice bigger than Linyin Campus. The new campus of No. 7 High is twice the size of Linyin Campus.
4. in other words – that is (to say) 换言之；也就是说 (1) We need to follow teachers’ instructions in class. In other words, we should do things as teachers tell us. (2) confidence is regarded by some people as one of the key factors to success .in other words ,confidence is great of significance to us.
1. In a word, I think he is a good man. 总的来说 Keeping one’s word is a good quality. In other words, if a person breaks his word, nobody will believe him. 遵守/违背诺言 Word came that every family can have two children. 消息传来 I’d like to have a word with you, and please come in. 与某人交谈 They are unhappy because they always have words with each other. 与某人争吵
3. 4. 5.
5. So have I. 1). --- She likes this cute boy. So do I --- ______________. (我也是) 2) --- I have tried this perfume Six God. So has Jim . (Jim也是) --- ______________ So you have (你的确是) --- ______________. 3) --- This boy is so kind. So is Lucy --- _______________. (Lucy也是) So he is --- _______________. (他的确是) nor___ didwe hear 4) After that we never saw her again, ___ from her. 5) ---Do you know Jim quarreled with his brother? nor ____ do ____ I care ---I don’t know, ____ ____. (我也不关心) 6) --- Jim hasn’t seen the movie. Neither/Nor has Mike --- ______________________. (Mike也没有)
7)---Sophie was born in China and she lived in the United States.
So it was with John ---_____________________.
8)---I like English but I can’t study it well. --- ___________________________
So it is with my brother.
So it is /was with+sb. = It is /was the same with+sb.
Assignment 1. 朗读本模块单词表和课文并参照Module File进 行自我评价； 2. 《七中课时学案》Period 5；
copyright ©right 2010-2020。