Land of the silver birch (白桦树）, Home of the beaver, Where still the mighty moose, Wanders at will,(随意漫步) Blue lake and rocky shore， I will return once more. Boom de de boom boom Boom de de boom boom Boom de de boom boom Bo-o-o-o-m Down in the forest, deep in the lowland， My heart cries out for thee(you), hills of the north， Blue lake and rocky shore， I will return once more.
1. Do you like to go sightseeing观 光? 2. Which country do you like to visit? 3. What can you see in these countries?
Find out the location of Canada
the five great lakes
one third of the world’s supply of fresh water
Lake Superior Lake Michigan Lake Huron Lake Erie
The greatest city in Canada
The third greatest city but the biggest harbour in Canada
The Petroleum industrial center in Canada
Unit 5 Canada— —”The True North”
The currency of this Country
Quiz 1. Which is the national flat of Canada? A. B.
Quiz 2. Which is the national flower of Canada? A. B.
cherry C. Q
Quiz 3. What language(s) do Canadians speak? A. English B. English and German C. English and French D. English and Spanish
Quiz 4. What is the capital of Canada? A. B.
C. Q D.
5. What is the national animal of Quiz
Beaver C. D.
Quiz 6. What is the leader of the country called? A. President B. Prime Minister C. Queen
7. How many “Great Lakes” are there in Canada ? A. 4 B. 3 C. 5 D. 6
Quiz 7. How many “Great Lakes” are there in Canada and what are they? A. Lake Superior B. Lake Huron C. Lake Erie D. Lake Ontario E. Lake Michigan
refer to the map on page 33
√ scenery √
1. What will Li, Liu and we see on our trip?
√ natural resources √ big cities
2. What is “The True North”? the cross-Canada train 3. What is the right route（路线） about the trip ？ A. Calgary – Vancouver-- a wheat-growing province-Lake Superior--Toronto B. Vancouver--Thunder Bay-- Calgary– a wheatgrowing province – Lake Superior– Toronto C. Vancouver– Calgary– a wheat-growing province-Thunder Bay– Lake Superior– Toronto
Skill --- to tell the location（地 理位置） of a city on the map
Further Information Para. 1. Something about the trip to visit their cousins Purpose in Montreal Ways of traveling plane , first by______ then by______ train.
Para.2: Discussion (group work) Many people want to live in Vancouver. Find out all the reasons. 1.It is Canada’s warmest place. 2.It is Canada’s most beautiful city. 3.People can ski in the mountains and sail in the harbour. 4.The coast north of it has some of the oldest and most beautiful forests in the world.
So the population of Vancouver is growing rapidly.
Paras.3-5: Answer the following questions.
succeeded in seeing 1. They managed to catch sight of some mountain goats and even a grizzly bear and an eagle. （translation） 她们总算看到了一些山羊，甚至还看到了一只大灰熊 和一只鹰。 2. A number of cowboys have a natural ability to ride wild horses and they can get a lot of money if they win the competition. (replace)
Many of them have a gift for riding horses and can win thousands of dollars in prizes.
3. What does “empty” mean in Para.4? (compare its but size and population) Of large size a small population.
Part 3. Fast answering (T/F)
Q1. They are flying directly to the Atlantic coast. Q2. Li Daiyu and Liu Qian went to Canada to see their relatives in Vancouver. Q3. Danny Lin was going to drive them to Vancouver. Q4. You can’t cross Canada in less than five days by train. Q5. The girl looked out the windows and saw Native Indians and cowboys. Q6. Thunder Bay is a port city at the top end of the Great Lakes, near the centre of the country. Q7.The population of Canada is over 30,000,000.
trip, please read the passage carefully and answer the questions of Ex.1 on P.35. 1.Which continent are the cousins crossing?
They are crossing North America. 2. Why are they not flying directly to the Atlantic coast? Because they want to cross Canada by train from west to east and see the great scenery.
Tip: You can get the answers of number 1 and 5 with the help of In order to get more information about the map on P. 33 our
3. Why is the population of Vancouver growing so rapidly? Because it is beautiful. / Because people can ski in the mountains and sail in the harbour. 4. What happens at the Calgary Stampede? Cowboys from all over the world come to compete in the Stampete for thousands of dollars in prizes. 5. How are ocean ships able to reach the center of Canada? Because they can follow the St. Lawrence River and the Great Lakes. 6. What are some of Canada’s greatest natural resources? Canada has fresh water from its lakes and rivers and wood from its forests.
Li and Liu went to Canada for a visit. Rather _____ than take the plane all the way, they _______ decided to take the train from west to east ______ across Canada. First, they flew to Vancouver, which is Canada’s most beautiful city, ___________ surrounded by mountains and the Pacific Ocean. Then, on the way to the station, his friend Danny ______about their trip and he said they could see some chatted great________. train, the scenery That afternoon _______the aboard cousins _____ settled_____ down in their seats. During their trip they managed ________ to catch sight of some wild animals. Although they had learned that Canada’s population slightly over thirty million, after two days’ travel is only_______ they still felt _______to amazed see such an empty country. After they visited other beautiful places, that night as they slept, the train rushed towards Toronto.
1. Read the passage carefully to find out the sentences you can not understand thoroughly and underline them. 2. Finish Ex. 1,2&3 on P.36
copyright ©right 2010-2020。