授课时间： 课程名称 2008.9---2009.1 《新视野》 英语教程 （读写教程） 郭静 年级 08 级 专业、层次 课堂 讲授 专 科
Book 1 Unit 5 Section A Yao Ming Rockets to Stardom! 授课题目（章、节） Section B Michael Jordan and Me Section C Address Format 基本教材及主要参考书： 1.New Horizon English Course 2.Reference book 3.Longman Dictionary Of Contemporary English 教学目的与要求： 一、了解教学大纲中规定的单词和词组 二、了解词语搭配和从句的用法 三、了解信封地址写作技巧 四、了解和本单元有关的背景知识 大体内容与时间安排，教学方法： 一、详细讲解 SECTION A 单词的用法 二、讲解和 SECTION A 有关的语言背景知识 三、讲解 SECTION A 课文 四、讲解 SECTION A 的练习，主要是讲解要点，培养学生的语言实际应用能力。 五、简要讲述 SECTION B 的单词用法 六、组织学生对 SECTION B 的文章进行讨论，在此基础上帮助学生归纳文章的语言 知识，传授学生语言基础知识和培养学生语言应用能力 七、讲解信封地址写作基本技巧 八、自由提问与复习
教学重点，难点： 1 重点： new words 2 难点： word building and structure 3 思考题： read and understand different kinds of addresses in English
Section A: Yao Ming Rockets to Stardom！ ！
Warming up Why do you play basketball? What sports games do you like? How do you get information about sports? Ask students to work in pairs and discuss the question cards on page 73-74.
1. National Basketball Association It is an organization of professional basketball teams and players in the USA and Canada. Abbreviation: NBA (美国“全国篮球协会” ，全美职业篮球队与运动员的一个组织机构，简称 NBA) 2. No.1 draft pick No.1 draft pick means the first player selected by a sports team. NBA draft refers to a procedure that started in 1947 whereby new or existing sports players are made available for selection or reselection by the teams in a league, usually with the earlier choices being given to the weaker teams during the annual selection process. (第一个被球队选中的队员) 3. Houston Rockets This team, from Houston, Texas, is one of the NBA’s 29 basketball teams.
New Words and Phrases
1. rocket vi. Move at a very great speed 飞速上升 e.g. The spacecraft rocketed into the sky. The price rocketed up. n. [C] 火箭 e.g. A rocket hit the house, causing a big fire. A rocket lifted the communications satellite into orbit around the earth. 2. national adj. (1) of or being a nation 国家的；全国性的；本国的 the National Games, national debt, Translation： 我们升国旗时唱国歌。 We sing our national anthem when we raise our national flag.
(2) owned or controlled by the central government of a country 国有的；国立的 e.g. This is a national bank. The national park has been well preserved. 3. shoot v. (1) kick, throw, etc. a ball so as to win a point in a game 射门；投篮 Beckham shot the free kick, and kicked the ball into the goal. 贝克汉姆罚任意球， 把球踢进 了球门。 When he shot, nobody thought he would miss the hoop.他投篮时， 没有人相信他会投不中。 (2) (of a person) fire (a gun) 开（枪） The soldier shot at his enemy. The hunter shot at the bird, but missed it. (3) hit, wound, or kill with a bullet, etc.射中；射死 He shot a rabbit. There came the news that three UN inspectors had been shot.
4. brief adj. short, especially in time e.g. As there is little time left, please be brief. During his brief stay in Beijing, he managed to visit the Great Wall and the Summer Palace. Vt. give (someone) necessary instructions or information, especially in order to prepare them for an activity 给（某人）简要作指示；为……提供资讯 e.g. The officer briefed the team before their military action. The class teacher briefed the student before his first job interview. In brief----in as few words as possible 简而言之，简单地说 e.g. As time is limited, I’ll tell you the story in brief. In brief, I don’t like your plan at all. 5. coach n. [C] (1) a person who trains sportsmen or sportswomen for games, competitions, etc. 教练 He is the head coach of the national basketball team. (2) a comfortable long-distance bus 长途（旅游）公共汽车 The tour guide told us that our coach would stop at the next station for lunch. The coach was crowded with passengers.
aware adj. (1) having knowledge or understanding 意识到的；明白的 e.g. He said that the company was very aware of the problem. The old man was aware how risky it would be to go there. (2) Sensitive 明智的 She is a very aware person. An aware man would never repeat such a mistake. 7. n. fan (1) [C] a very keen follower or supporter 热情追随者；……迷
e.g. a fan club 歌（球）迷会 When the pop star appeared on stage, her fans went wild. (2) [C] an instrument for creating a flow of air 扇子 The old man is holding a folding fan in his hand. There is an electric fan on the room’s ceiling. Vt. (1) cause air with a fan 扇（风） She fanned the baby with a fan. The campers fanned the campfire to get warmth. (2) cause to become more active or more serious 煽动；煽起 These rude remarks fanned the people’s resentment. This event could fan the flames of the local people. encourage vt. make someone feel brave or confident enough to do something, especially by giving active approval translation: 他母亲鼓励他去做一名律师。 His mother encouraged him to become a lawyer. 老师鼓励我在班上唱一首英文歌。 My teacher encouraged me to sing an English song in class. 8.
Ⅲ. Text Learning
Yao Ming Rockets to Stardom! (Title) Yao Ming becomes a star player at rocket speed (by joining the Houston Rockets). Please notice the word “rocket” is used here as a pun (双关语). It has two meanings: Yao Ming rises quickly, like a rocket, to join in the NBA stardom; and he is to play for the Huston Rockets. 2. Yao Ming is the National Basketball Association’s No.1 draft pick for 2002! Yao Ming was the first player chosen in the NBA 2002 selection!
Yao has said that he’s looking forward to playing with the best in the world----even if he has to adjust to American food along the way. Yao Ming has said that he is expecting to play basketball with the best players in the world, although he has to get himself used to American food as time passes. Along the way: the passage of time and the making of progress 随着时间的推移 e.g. You will get the whole picture along the way. 你会渐渐知道事情的全部真相。 They got to know each other better along the way and finally fell in love. 4. It was early Thursday morning in Beijing when Yao Ming got up to watch the live draft with his family. Early on Thursday in Beijing, Yao Ming got up to watch the actual selection on TV with his family members. live: adj.
(1) (of broadcasting) seen and/or heard as it happens （广播等）实况转播的；现场直播 的 I thought this was a recorded show, but it is actually live. (2) (only an attributive adj.) alive; living 活的；有生命的（很少用于人） That is a live fish. A live volcano may erupt at any time. Adv. 以现场直播的方式 The speech contest was broadcast live. 5. It’s a big day for me. It’s an important day for me. Are you worried about all the pressure? Are you worried about all the stress of becoming a good NBA player? pressure: n. (1) [C;U] condition in one’s work, one’s style of living, etc. that cause anxiety and difficulty 紧迫感；压迫感 The pressures of modern life cause her to sleep poorly. (2) [C;U] the strength of this force 压力 His mother is suffering from high blood pressure.
In the long term, his going will also advance the development of basketball in China. Over a long period of tome, Yao Ming’s going to the NBA will also speed up the growth of basketball in China. in the long/short term: over a long/short period of time 长远看/短期看 e.g. In the long term, the market is promising. In the short term, we are likely to loose money on this book. 8. The Chinese newspapers have named them the “Walking Great Wall”. The Chinese newspapers have described them as the “Human Great Wall”. walking: adj. (informal) human 似人的；活的 She knows so many words that she’s a walking dictionary. Play your hardest----that’s the best advice I can give him. Try your best----that’s the best advice I can give him.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。