金山中学 2013-2014 学年度高一第一学期期末考试 英
I 听力(共 15 题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分 ) 每段播放两遍。各段后有几个小题，各段播放前每小题有 5 秒钟的阅读时间。请根据 各段播放内容及其相关小题，在 5 秒钟内从题中所给的 A、 B、 C 项中，选出最佳选项， 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 听第一段对话，回答第 1?3 题。 1. Where does the conversation most probably take place? A. In the store. B. In an office. C. In the cinema. 2. What kind of films does the woman like? A. Love stories. B. Horror films. C. Western films.
本试卷分选择题和非选择题两部分，满分 150 分，考试用时 120 分钟。
3. Which of the following statements about the woman is true? A. She paid $ 25 for the videos. B. She isn’t going to borrow any video now. C. She hasn’t got her card yet. 听第二段对话，回答第 4 ~ 6 题。 4. What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers? A. Relatives. B. Neighbors. C. Strangers. 5. Where has the woman moved from? A. New York. B. Indiana. C. California. 6. Why did the woman move here? A. Because of the hot weather. B. Because of the cold weather. C. Because of the dry weather. 听第三段对话，回答第 7?9 题。 7. What are the two speakers discussing? A. The school Internet website. B. A job opportunity. C. A summer holiday plan. 8. How did the man get this information? A. By fax. B. By E-mail. C. Through an Internet website.
9. Why does the woman think she might not be suitable for the work? A. She doesn’t know anything about computer. B. She has little interest in the Internet. C. She can’t operate the computer. 听第四段对话，回答第 10?12 题。 10. Why did the man want to talk to the woman? A. He was interested in foreigners. B. He planned to write about the evening school. C. He tried to help new comers in her country. 11. When did the dialogue take place? A. In the morning. B. In the afternoon. C. In the evening. 12. What was the woman going to do after the dialogue?
第 1页 共 11 页
A. To meet his brother. B. To work in the shop. 听第五段独白，回答第 13?15 题。
C. To have class.
13. Where does the speaker meet his friends every day? A. On the Internet. B. On the farm. C. In his own house. 14. What are the speaker’s friends? A. Books. B. Farmers. C. Friends from Los Angles. 15. What does the speaker think we should do when we feel lonely? A. Buy a computer. B. Go out to meet friends. C. Read books. II 单项填空（共 20 题；每小题 0.5 分，满分 10 分） 16. Children’s _______faces showed that the news was ______. A. exciting; exciting C. exciting; excited B. excited; excited D. excited; exciting
17. A new cinema ______ here. They hope to finish it next month. A. will build B. is built C. has been built D. is being built 18. Tom always dreams of _____________ the outer space one day. A. exploding B. searching C. exploring D. finding 19. The problem of global warming is serious.______, the sea levels have risen a little. A. As a result B. On the contrary C. In a word D. In other words 20. He’s got himself into a dangerous situation _______ he was likely to lose his life . A. at which B. in what C. where D. that 21. The lift ________ yesterday. We’ll have to walk up to the eighth floor this evening. A. broke down B. took down C. came down D. got down 22. Only when the war was over ____ to go back to the village where he had lived for so many years. A. was able he B. he was able C. able he was 23. The girl was made ______ a man she didn’t like at all. D. was he able
A. get married to B. to marry to C. be married with D. to marry 24. The group waiting outside ________ ten people, ________ four aged men. A. included; containing C. contains; including B. included; including D. contains; containing
25. I'll spend half of my holiday practicing English and _______ half learning drawing. A. another B. the other C. others D. other 26. When you are home, give a call to let me know you _______ safely ． A. are arriving B. have arrived C. had arrived B. a such anxious rush D. such anxious a rush D. will arrive 27. We were in ______________ when we left that we forgot the airline tickets. A. so a rush anxious C. so anxious a rush
28. _______ yourself with those homeless children, you’ll find you are fortunate and happy. A. Comparing B. To compare C. Compared D. Compare 29. Mary’s pale face suggested that she _______ ill and her parents suggested she ________ a doctor. A. should be; should see B. was ; see C. be; seeing D. was; would see
第 2页 共 11 页
30. Do you know which door ________? A. this key is belonged to B. this key belonging to C. this key belongs to D. this key is belonging to 31． I saw a woman running toward me in the dark. Before I could ___________ who she was ， she had run back in the direction ________ she had come. A. realize; of which B. recognize; by which C. realize; in which D. recognize; from which 32．Sam ________ some knowledge of the computer just by watching others working on it. A. brought up B. looked up C. picked up D. set up —What do you think of the museum that he showed us around yesterday? —Oh，excellent. It’s worth________. A. of paying a visit to B. paying a visit to C. paying a visit D. to be paid a visit to 34．Maria has written two novels, and _________ have been made into televis ion series ． A. all of them B. all of which C. both of them D. both of which 35. Since 1949, the people’s living standard ______ , causing a big ______ in population. A. has been raised; rise B. has been risen; raise C. has raised; rise D. has raised; rose III 完形填空(共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分 ) 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从各题所给的 A, B, C, D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项。 33. Children find meanings in their old family tales. When Stephen Guyer’s three children were growing up, he told them stories about how his grandfather, a banker, 36 all in the 1930s, but did not lose sight of what he valued most. In one of the darkest times when his strong-minded grandfather was nearly 37 family into the car and 38 them to see family members in Canada with a , he loaded his 39 , “There
are more important things in life than money.” The 40 took on a new meaning recently when Mr. Guyer downsized to a 41 house from a more expensive and comfortable one. He was 42 that his children, a daughter, 15, and twins, 22, would be upset. To his surprise, they weren’t. Instead, their reaction echoed(重复) their great-grandfather’s. What they 43 about was how warm the people were in the house and how much of their heart was accessible. Many parents are finding family stories have surprising power to help children through 44 times. Storytelling experts say the phenomenon(现象) reflects a growing 45 telling tales, evidenced(证明) by a rise in storytelling events and festivals. 47 in
A university 46 of 65 families with children aged from 14 to 16 found kids’ ability to parents’ stories was linked to a lower rate of anger and anxiety.
The 48 is telling the stories in a way children can hear. We’re not talking here about the kind of story that 49 , “When I was a kid, I walked to school every day uphill both ways, barefoot in the snow.” Instead, we should choose a story suited (适合) to the child’s 50 , and make eye contact to create “a personal experience”. We don’t have to tell children what they should take from the story and what the moral is. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. A. missed A. friendless A. fetched A. hope A. tale B. lost B. worthless B. allowed B. promise B. agreement
C. forgot C. penniless C. expected C. suggestion C. arrangement
共 11 页
D. ignored D. homeless D. took D. belief D. report
41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50.
A. large A. surprised A. talked A. good A. argument A. study A. provide A. trouble A. means A. needs
B. small B. annoyed B. cared B. hard B. skill B. design B. retell B. gift B. ends B. activities
C. new C. disappointed C. wrote C. old C. interest C. committee C. support C. fact C. begins C. hobbies
D. grand D. worried D. heard D. modern D. anxiety D. staff D. refuse D. trick D. proves D. habits
IV 阅读（共两节，满分 50 分） 第一节 阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂 黑。 A There are quite a few advantages of wearing school uniforms. The idea may seem disagreeable at first, but considering all the positive effective coming from wearing uniforms you would be more likely to enjoy them. Teachers love school uniforms because it helps provide an orderly learning environment. Having students dressed in uniforms may teach them how to present themselves in a neat and professional manner. It gives students the opportunity to learn how to dress like young ladies and gentleman. And they can focus their attention on academics rather than style. Purchasing(购买) school uniforms is easy and needs less hesitation and consideration. No matter what the school’s policy is, there are only specific essential( 基本的) pieces to the wardrobe （服装） that are necessary, so it won’t break the bank. A few wardrobe items can last a long time. Parents could also enjoy an easy morning, as it will take less time to choose a set of clothes for the school day. Students wearing uniforms will feel less pressure about what to wear or not to wear when their classmates are dressed similarly. Getting dressed before school becomes less of a chore(琐事) when students are limited in their choices, so there shouldn’t be any trouble about choosing an outfit for the day and getting ready quickly. Some students may not like the lack of individuality( 个性) with a uniform, but some school dress code policies may offer them the opportunities to show their unique styles. Uniforms today are also becoming trendier and can be seen in many areas of pop culture. Celebrities(名人) and fashion designers are using uniforms as inspiration for new looks which also appeal to students. 51. What would be the best title for the text? A. How to dress properly. B. The history of school uniforms. C. The advantages of school uniforms. D. How to deal with pressure in school. 52. Teachers think that wearing school uniforms ________________.
第 4页 共 11 页
A. is just a tradition that students should follow B. makes students feel less pressure in study C. helps students put more effort into their studies D. makes students lose their independence and identity 53. The underlined part “it won’t break the bank” in Paragraph 3 probably means “___________”. A. a school uniform doesn’t cost a lot of money B. a school uniform should be worn every day C. parents will have to go to the bank many times D. parents who work in a bank can afford the uniform 54. We can infer from the text that school uniforms _________. A. are not popular with fashion designers B. were not accepted by parents in the past C. will be designed by students themselves D. will be more fashionable in the future 55. The author’s attitude towards students’ wearing school uniforms is ___________. A. negative B. supportive C. doubtful D. unclear B Once there was a man who liked to eat mangoes. One day he decided to get the sweetest mango from the very top of the tree. Mangoes which are exposed to the sun the most are the sweetest. So he climbed up to the top, where the branches were thin. He managed to pick up a few sweet reddish fruits, but, in an attempt to climb down, he slipped and started falling towards the ground. Fortunately, he caught the branch as he was falling and remained helplessly hanging on the tree. Then he started to call nearby villagers for help. They immediately came with a ladder and sticks, but could do little to help him. Then after some time one calm and thoughtful person arrived — a well-known sage (a wise person) who lived in a simple hut nearby. People were very curious to see what he would do, as he was famous in solving many people’s problems in the area and sometimes very complicat ed ones. He was silent for a minute and then picked up a stone and threw it at the hanging man. Everybody was surprised. The hanging mango lover started to shout, “What are you doing? Are you crazy? Do you want me to break my neck?” The sage was silen t. Then he took another stone and threw it at the man. The man was very angry, “If I could just come down, I would show you!” That’s what everybody wanted. Then he was coming down. But how? Now everybody was tense about what would happen next! Some wanted to blame the sage, but they didn’t. The sage picked another stone and threw it again at the man, even more forcefully. Now the man on the tree was even more angry and developed a great determination to come down and take revenge ( 复仇). He then used all his skill and strength and somehow reached the branches which were safe to start going down. And he made it! Everybody was amazed. However, the rescued man found the sage gone. He stood there, realizing that the man really saved him because he induced ( 引诱) him to try his best and save himself. “I should be thankful and not angry.” 56. From the story we know that the sweetest mango must be the one ______.
第 5页 共 11 页
A. on the very top of a tree
B. hidden in the middle of a tree
C. on the tree for the longest time D. exposed to sunlight less often 57. What happened after he had picked a few sweet reddish mangoes? A. He slipped and fell to the ground suddenly. B. He was climbing down quickly but carefully. C. He remained hanging helplessly on the tree. D. He shouted loudly for help but no one helped. 58. How did the man feel when the sage hit him with a stone? A. He was nervous. B. He kept silent. C. He felt surprised. D. He was angry. D. Assistance. 59. What do you think caused the man to climb down? A. Courage. B. Revenge. C. Carefulness. 60. What does the story imply? A. Anger saves one’s life. C. Skill and strength count.
B. Wisdom is of great importance. D. Anger is the biggest enemy.
C When former American President Bill Clinton traveled to South Korea to vis it President Kim Young Sam, he repeatedly referred to the Korean president’s wife as Mrs. Kim. By mistake, President Clinton’s advisers thought that Koreans have the same naming customs as the Japanese. Clinton had not been told that, in Korea, wives keep their family names. President Kim Young Sam’s wife was named Sohm Myong Suk. Therefore, she should be addressed ( 称谓) as Mrs. Sohm. President Clinton arrived in Korea directly after leaving Japan and had not changed his culture gears. His failure to follow Korean customs gave the impression that Korea was not as important to him as Japan. In addition to Koreans some Asian husbands and wives do not share the same family names. This practice often puzzles English-speaking teachers when talking with a pupil’s parents. They become puzzled about the student’s correct last name. Placing the family name first is common among a number of Asian cultures. Mexican naming customs are different as well. When a woman marries, she keeps her family name and adds her husband’s name after the word “de”, which means “of”. This affects how they fill in forms in the United States. When requested to fill in a middle name, they generally write the father’s family name. But Mexicans are addressed by the fam ily name of the mother. This often causes puzzlement. Here are a few ways to deal with such difficult situations: don’t always think that a married woman uses her husband’s last name. Remember that in many Asian cultures, the order of first and last names is reversed ( 颠倒). Ask which name a person would prefer to use. If the name is difficult to pronounce, admit it, and ask the person to help you say it correctly. 61. The story of Bill Clinton is used to ______. A. improve US Korean relations B. introduce the topic of the text C. describe his visit to Korea D. tell us how to address a person 62. The word “gears” in paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to ______. A. action plans B. naming customs
第 6页 共 11 页
C. travel maps
D. thinking patterns
63. When a woman marries in Korea, she _____. A. continues to use her family name B. uses her husband’s given name C. shares her husband’s family name D. adds her husband’s given name to hers 64. To address a married woman properly, you’d better ____ __ . A. use her middle name C. ask her which name she likes B. use her husband’s first name D. change the order of her names
65. What can NOT be inferred from the text? A. Wives do not keep their family names in Japan. B. Different countries have different naming customs in some way. C. Naming custom will not cause any puzzle among Asian countries. D. The naming custom in Korea is different from that of Japan. D I am a writer ．I spend a great deal of my time thinking about the power of language — the way it can bring an emotion, a visual image, a complex idea, or a simple truth ．Language is the tool of my trade．And I use them all — all the Englishes I grew up with． Born into a Chinese family that had recently arrived in California, I’ve been giving more thought to the kind of English my mother speaks ．Like others, I have described it to people as “broken” English． But I feel embarrassed to say that ． It has always bothered me that I can think of no way to describe it other than “broken”, as if it were damaged and needed to be fixed, as if it lacked a certain wholeness ．I’ve heard other terms used, “limited English,” for example ．But they seem just as bad, as if ever ything is limited, including people’s understanding of the limited English speaker ． I know this for a fact, because when I was growing up, my mother’s “limited” English limited my understanding of her ． I was ashamed of her English． I believed that her English showed the quality of what she had to say．That is, because she expressed them imperfectly her thoughts were imperfect．And I had plenty of evidence to support me: the fact that people in department stores, at banks, and at restaurants did not take her seriously, did not give her good service, pretended not to understand her, or even acted as if they did not hear her ． I started writing fiction in 1985 ．And for reasons I won’t get into today, I began to write stories using all the Englishes I grew up with: the English she used with me, which for lack of a better term might be described as “broken”, and what I imagine to b e her translation of her Chinese, her internal( 内在的) language, and for that I tried to keep the essence( 精华), but neither an English nor a Chinese structure. I wanted to catch what language ability tests can never show; her intention, her feelings, the rhythms of her speech and the nature of her thoughts ． 66. By saying “Language is the tool of my trade”, the author means that ______ ． A. she uses English in foreign trade B. she is attracted by languages C. she works as a translator D. she is a writer by profession 67. The author used to think of her mother’s English as ______ ． A. impolite B. amusing C. imperfect D. practical 68. Which of the following is TRUE according to Paragraph 3?
第 7页 共 11 页
A. Americans do not understand broken English ． B. The author’s mother was not respected sometimes ． C. The author’s mother had good influence on her ． D. Broken English always shows imperfect thoughts ． 69. The author gradually realizes her mother’s English is _____ ． A. well structured C. easy to translate B. in the old style D. rich in meaning
70. What is the passage mainly about? A. The changes of the author’s attitude to her mother’s English ． B. The limitation of the author’s understanding of her mother ． C. The author’s misunderstanding of “limited” English ． D. The author’s experiences of using broken English ． 第二节 信息匹配（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下列应用文及相关信息，并按照要求匹配信息。请在答题卡上填涂答案。 首先阅读以下的宠物信息： A． Not named yet: baby, female It’s a small grey cat with long hair and deep blu e eyes ．It is friendly and can get along well with dogs ． I can’t keep it because I have too many pets, but I can’t just let it go outside ． If you are looking for a cat, please let me know ．And I will send it to you, but you’ll have to pay me travel fees ． B． Brooke: orange and white, young, female She’s a shy cat and likes to be alone at first ．Once she gets familiar with you, she is very sweet and loves to be in your lap and play with you ．She also loves to talk．The owner shouldn’t be a smoker ．For free C． Sammi Hammi: adult, male Sammi Hammi, a blue and gold bird, is looking for his forever home ． He loves dogs and likes to sing and dance．He will talk your ear off while you cook! He loves delicious food and he is a great boy who loves attention．The new owner will have to pay an adoption fee and for his cage． D． Buster: black and white, young, male He will be the sweetest cat you will never meet ． He likes to play and gets along well with other pets ．Anyone who gets this guy will love him! For free． E． Zoey: American Bulldog, adult, female My dog Zoey is three years old and is very outgoing ．She loves the outdoors and she loves kids ． She is good at looking after other dogs． She also likes being around people． I need to find her a good home．I would like someone with children and other dogs to take her ．For free． F． Rebel and Maverick: young, male Both Rebel and Maverick will be 2 years old soon ．They are wonderful dogs, but I can no longer keep them for some reasons ．They love children． A home with children would be the best． They also get along well with other animals ． The most suitable place for them is a home with a yard because they love to be outside．600 dollars ． 阅读以下人员的信息， 然后为他们选择合适的宠物： 71. Alice and her 10-year-old twin sons live in a house with a big yard ．She’s looking for some pets to play with the boys ．A pair of dogs is preferred．Money isn’t a problem．
第 8页 共 11 页
72. Tom, 63 years old, has no children． His wife died last year and he’s very lonely ． He would like to have a pet that he can talk to ．He used to be a cook and loves birds very much, but he doesn’t like cats ． 73. Bruce has a dog and he’s looking for another pet ． It must be male and be able to get along well with his dog．Also, the pet has to be free． 74. Neil plans to find a female pet for his daughter． She loves orange and white cats． There are no smokers in the family．Free pets are preferred． 75. Max is looking for an adult dog to join his family ． He has 3 children and two baby dogs ．He hopes the new pet can help look after the baby dogs and play with his children ． V. 语法填空 (共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分 ) 阅读下面短文， 按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求， 在空格处填人一个适当的词或使用 括号中词语的正确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 76-85 的相应位置上。 One day a lonely girl was walking in the woods 76 she found two starving songbirds. She took the birds home and put 77 in a small cage. She cared for them with love and the birds grew stronger. Every morning they greeted her with _____ love for the birds. 78 wonderful song. The girl showed great
One day the girl left the door to the cage open. The 79 (large) of the two birds flew from the cage. The girl was 80 (frighten) that he would fly away. As he flew close, she grasped him wildly. She was glad at her success in catching him. Suddenly she felt the bird go limp ( 柔软的). She opened her hand only to find him 81 (die). Her desperate love 82 (kill) him. She noticed the other bird moving back and forth on the edge of the cage. She could feel his great need for freedom. She flew him 83 the air. Her heart was no longer concerned with her loss. After some time the bird flew towards her and landed softly on her shoulder. It sang the sweetest melody 84 __ she had ever heard. The worst way 85 (lose) love is to hold on it too tight, while the best way to keep love is to give it wings! VI 单词拼写 (共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分 ) 请根据首字母或中文提示，用单词的恰当形式填空。漏写、错写字母不得分。 86. The students thought hard to s__________ the puzzle, but they failed. 87. While shopping, I don’t like b_________ over the price, because it is a waste of time. 88. He is the first student in our class to be s_______ to take part in the English competition. 89. Mozart’s music is so outstanding that it is worth a________ more importance to. 90. That is why I want to be a v_______. To help people is to help myself at the same time. 91. If you want your products t o sell well, you’d better a________ them. 92. We will pay more attention to wildlife p_______ from now on. 93. You cannot c________ with others in the job market if you don’t have a special skill. 94. The reporter tried to i________ more people to collect more information. 95. Nothing can r___________ a mother ’s love, for it is great and selfless. 96. They were _________ ( 困在) in the burning building, waiting to be rescued ． 97. _________ ( 毕业生) from our school are working all over the country. 98. You’ve been working so hard that you d__________ ( 值得) to win the award. 99. It was not long before we got ________( 熟悉) with each other in the new class. 100. Activities all take place under the g (指导, 引导) of an experienced teacher ．
共 11 页
VII 书面表达 (共 1 题；满分 15 分 ) 假设你是 Alex, 你的好朋友 John 准备参加一个英语演讲比赛， 他对比赛非常担心， 向你求助。 请你根据以下内容给他写一封建议信。 【写作内容】 1. 说明自己写信的原因。 2. 对 John 的建议：①要对自己有信心。 ②赛前，可以对着镜子反复练习，为比赛作充分的准备。 ③在比赛的过程中记得保持微笑，这样会给评委留下一个好印象。 ④在演讲的过程中，如果忘词了，不要慌张，继续自己的演讲。 3. 预祝 John 比赛成功。 【写作要求】用 100 字左右表达全部内容； 【评分标准】句子结构准确，信息内容完整，篇章结构连贯。 Dear John, ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ Yours, Alex
第 10 页
共 11 页
金山中学 2013-2014 学年度高一第一学期期末考试英语科答案 I 听力(共 15 题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分 ) 1-5 BACCB 6-10 BBBCB 11-15 CCCAC II. 单项填空（共 20 题；每小题 0.5 分，满分 10 分） 16-20 DDCAC 21-25 ADDCB 26-30 BCABC 46-50 ABDCA 31-35 DCBCA III、完形填空(共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分 ) 36-40 BCDDA 41-45 BDBBC IV、阅读（共两节，满分 50 分） 第一节
阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分）
51-55 CCADB 56-60 ACDBB 61-65 BDACC 66-70 DCBDA 第二节 信息匹配（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 71-75 FCDBE V. 语法填空 (共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分 ) 76. when 77. them 78. a 79. larger 80. frightened 81. dead 82. killed 83. into 84. that 85. to lose VI 单词拼写 (共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分 ) 86. solve 87. bargaining 88.selected 89 . attaching 90. volunteer 94. interview 98. deserve 91. advertise 95. replace 99. familiar 92. protection 96. trapped 100. guidance 93. compete 97. Graduates
VII. 书面表达 (共 1 题；满分 15 分 ) Dear John, You have told me that you are very nervous about the coming speech contest, and I will try to give you some advice, hoping it can help you. In my opinion, you should have confidence in yourself. Before the speech contest, you can practise again and again before a mirror to make good preparations. When you are giving the speech, remember to keep smile so that you can leave a good impression on the judges. Meanwhile, even if you forget your words, don’t be panic ， and you may just continue your speech. Wish you success in the speech contest! Yours, Alex
第 11 页
共 11 页
copyright ©right 2010-2020。