河南省南阳市六校 2019 学年高二下学期第一次联考英 语试卷（有答案）【含答案及解析】
姓名___________ 班级____________ 分数__________
1. Do you have excellent communication skills and think you can close a sale ? Are you eager for variety and to build a work at home business ? If yes , come and join us!
Position : General/Inbound Sales Place : New York Company : Live Ops ________ We are now looking for people like you to answer inbound (到达的) phone calls from people who are excited after watching a commercial or hearing an ad on the radio , and call to inquire about a product or service . This is a legitimate work from home opportunity providing customer service and generating sales for some of the largest commercial companies out there. Peak Call Hours: ________ Calls are available 7 days a week . 24 hours a day . Peak call volume occurs on Saturday and Sunday between 6:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Required Certification: ________ After you apply and your agent account has been created , you will need to complete the Live Ops Call Center certification . These are selfpaced e-learning courses that take approximately 10 hours and must be completed within one week from account creation. Through free virtual classes you can access all the information you need to succeed , including product information and tips on how to generate sales and increase your earning potential. Successful Independent Agents Will Have the Following Skills:
You'll be excited , enthusiastic , and energetic . You'll have the ability to meet the client's sales goals . You'll have the ability to
multi - task . You are required to present a successful sales presentation .
You are required to handle objections and negotiate a sale. You'll have to
use client specific software and applications in order to service customers.
Previous care related experience will be a great advantage for you .
1. What does the underlined word "approximately" mean?
A. About . B. Over . C. Against . D. Above.
2. What are you required to do after you apply to Live Ops?
A. To set up your agent account . B. To attend e - learning courses.
C. To learn some new living skills .
C . To get used to working
3. Which of the following can first be chosen as an independent agent?
A. The one who is good at computer science.
B. The one who has done similar work before.
C. The one who can best satisfy his customers.
D. The one who can work at different tasks simultaneously (同步地).
2. For over a century , the Nashua River in Massachusetts provided power for factories, which gave jobs to thousands of people . Over the years , these paper , cotton , wood , and woolen factories had poured their waste into its waters.
By the 1960s , the Nashua River was about as polluted as any river could get . Its waters became red or green or blue with dye (染料) from paper factories lying on its banks. The smokes from this dye blackened the paint on the buildings near the river.
Then along came Marion Stoddart with a simple but overwhelming （压倒性的） idea-clean up the Nashua River . This was no one-woman campaign . Stoddart encouraged the paper factories and the business community to form partnerships to reclaim the river . She carried jars of dirty river water to local officials to demonstrate the seriousness of the problem . Stoddart talked with business leaders about economic problems . She talked with environmentalists about the long-term problems of pollution.
Stoddart knew that the State Water Pollution Control Board would have the final say on forcing the clean-up . When she spoke to the board , she insisted that the Nashua River should be made safe for swimming . They thought her goals were unrealistic.
However , the partnerships Stoddart had helped form and the volunteers who were drawn to her cause never gave up . They all realized that cleaning up the river was in everyone's best interests . By 1993 , several water treatment plants had been built , and a conservation area called a "green
way" had been created along the banks of the river.
Today factories are still operating along the river , but there are also
fish in the river. The Nashua River welcomes boaters , naturalists , and
even swimmers . None of this would have been possible without a woman of
vision and a community working together.
1. What does the underlined word “ reclaim ” refer to?
A. enlarge B. rescue C. monitor D. explore
2. What's the attitude of the board to Stoddart's goal of improving the
A. Supportive . B. Neutral . C. Doubtful . D. Cautious .
3. What kind of person is Marison Stoddart?
A. Intelligent and creative . B. Stubborn and proud .
C. I ndependent and broad-minded . D. Determined and far-sighted .
4. What message is conveyed through the no one-woman campaign?
A. It ’ ll be all right on the night . B. Many hands make light work.
C. Prevention is better than cure .
D. Failure is the mother of success.
3. To understand meditation （冥想） through an experiment , you can take two pictures with a camera . Hold your camera still and take the first picture . Now , shake your camera and take the second picture . The difference in clarity （清晰度） between the two pictures is the difference in clarity of a life with and without meditation.
Meditation means different things to different people . There are many methods to reach the state of meditation . Our intention in this Life School Message is not to compare different practices . What we'd like to do is to give you a glimpse into what benefits can arise as a result of meditation.
One of the most important functions for human survival is the ability to adapt and adjust to our surroundings . The brain and body are dealing with an unbelievable amount of stimuli (刺激) in every single moment of life . Focusing on all of them at once would be impossible . So , the mind tends to shift as many stimuli as possible to the subconscious back burner.
For example , you probably aren't paying attention to the feel of your shirt on your body until you read this sentence . Now that I've mentioned it , I've brought it back into your conscious thoughts , and you do notice it . Somewhere in the next few paragraphs, your mind will place it on the back burner again to be able to focus on understanding this article . Fascinating , isn't it ? Our minds do this constantly.
Meditation helps you to increase your awareness and helps you to stay focused
on the right things of life . It ensures you do not get distracted and helps you do stay alert . It helps you to understand the past , live the present and create the future.
For the people who have no knowledge or experience of this particular subject , let me share a basic yet one of the most powerful methods that can lead you to meditation.
1. What is the main purpose of taking two pictures? A. To tell people how to take a good picture. B. To compare the difference between two photos. C. To show the effect meditation has on life. D. To give us a clear definition of meditation . 2. What is the aim of the book Life School Message mentioned in Paragraph 2? A. To teach you how to adapt to our surroundings. B. To tell you how to reach the state of meditation. C. To make you understand the benefits of meditation. D. To teach you the right way to deal with stimuli. 3. Although you have the shirt in your conscious thoughts , why will you place it on the back burner again later? A. Because shirt is not important. B. Because you've brought it back into your conscious thoughts. C. Because your minds do this constantly. D. Because you need to move on to understanding this article. 4. The benefits of meditation include the following EXCEPT ________. A. increasing your awareness B. helping you keep alert C. helping you stay focused on the right things D. helping you solve the problems in life
4. When children start kindergarten , evident gaps in science knowledge already exist between Whites and minorities and between youngsters from upper-income and low-income families . And they often deepen into significant achievement gaps by the end of eighth grade if they are not dealt with during elementary school.
The findings suggest that , in order to the United States to maintain longterm scientific and economic competitiveness in the world , policymakers need to renew efforts to ensure access to high-quality , early learning experiences in childcare settings, preschools and elementary schools.
The researchers ’ study tracked 7,757 children from their start in kindergarten to the end of eighth grade . Researchers found that , among
kindergarteners with low levels of general knowledge , 62 percent were struggling in science by the time they reached third grade and 54 percent were struggling in that subject in eighth grade . And general knowledge gaps between minorities and Whites were already large at the time when students began kindergarten.
“ Children growing up in low-income families typically experience comparatively fewer early opportunities to learn about the natural and social sciences, ” the authors wrote. “ Their parents often have lower educational levels and therefore less science knowledge themselves as well as fewer resources available to direct the children's academic growth. Children raised in poverty often attend poorly resourced schools that further limit their academic opportunities. ”
Morgan said that , within families , parents who regularly talk and interact with toddlers (学步的儿童) can point out and explain physical , natural and social events occurring around them daily . This might help youngsters learn facts and concepts that will prepare them to take better advantage of science instruction they receive during elementary and middle school.
1. Which may be the possible result of the gaps in science knowledge during kindergarten?
A. Children from rich families wil l behave better in life. B. Children from minorities may have less desire for learning. C. The gaps will disappear automatically when children grow up. D. Children's academic performance afterwards will be affected. 2. What did the researchers suggest policymakers do? A. Narrow income gaps between different families. B. Make good education available to children. C. Give extra lessons to children from poor families. D. Strengthen competitive awareness of kindergarteners. 3. What can parents do to help their toddlers learn? A. Offer them more learning resources. B. Give them more nutritious food. C. Create learning opportunities in daily life. D. Let them attend science courses for kids. 4. Which of the following can be the best title for the text? A. Equal Education Is Important in Kindergarten B. Income Gaps Affect Children's School Performances C. Provide More Available Access to Childhood Learning
D. Science Knowledge Gaps Are Obvious in Kindergarten
5. Success in high school is often a stepping stone to a bigger success in life .
1. However, in addition to hard work , there are a number of time-tested ways you can employ to do better in high school.
Find successful friends . Students who make friends with those who do well in school will improve their grades too . 2. In addition , such students can also cooperate by sharing notes and helping each other understand study material.
3. Even if you know the material , it is always better to take notes just in case you may forget something . Additionally , taking notes makes your attention focused during class time . Also , rewrite and organize your notes the same day to help you remember the material.
Reduce stress . Stress causes you to become tired . Furthermore , stress can also affect your overall health . By learning to deal with stress in high school you wil l acquire a life-long habit of keeping your stress level low . Stress reduction activities may include dances , walking and relaxation . 4.
Manage your time . Time is the most important resource people have . Make sure you use it well . Focus on what's really important — your study and some exercise for your body . 5. A good tool to use to manage your time better is a schedule . Try to plan your day in advance and stick to this plan.
A . Sports , music and performing arts also work for many people. B . Taking notes is another way that can help. C . Besides , try to make full use of your spare time to reach your goal. D . Forming good habits is very important for each high school student. E . This will happen as a result of greater competition between them . F . Having a hobby is fine , as long as it doesn't take up too much of your time. G . If you want to enter college or university, it is necessary for you to study hard.
6. A few years ago , an elderly woman entered my video store , along with her daughter. The _______ was displaying a serious case of impatience , _______ her watch every few seconds . If she had possessed a leash （绳 子） , her mother would have been _______ to it as a means of pulling her along to _______ the rush of other shoppers.
I walked over and asked _______ I could help her find something . The woman smiled up at me and showed me a _______ on a piece of paper . _______ rushing off to find the DVD for the woman, I asked her to _______ with me so I could show her where she could find it and I wanted to enjoy her _______ for a moment . As we walked along the back of the store, I ________ its floor plan : old television shows, action movies , cartoons , science fiction . The woman seemed glad of the unrushed “ trip ” and ________ conversation.
I said to her daughter, “ ________ some advice? ” “ Of course not, ” said the daughter. “Cherish （珍爱） ________ ,” I said . “ When she’s gone , it’s the little ________ that come back to you . Times like this. I know. ” It was ________ . I still missed my mom and remembered the times when I'd used my impatience to make her ________ .
Together they made their way toward the store's resting area . They sat there for a moment , side by side , ________ the holiday crowds . Then the daughter glanced over and immediately ________ her mother lovingly . And slowly she placed her arm with ________ unaccustomed affection around her mother's shoulders and ________ guided her back into the crowd.
1. A. mother B. daughter C. merchant D. waitress 2. A. checking B. fixing C. adjusting D. removing 3. A. accustomed B. fastened C. applied D. devoted 4. A. get along with B. break away from C. keep pace with D. make way for 5. A. why B. when C. how D. if 6. A. receipt B. ticket C. title D. tip 7. A. Rather than B. Regardless of C. Apart from D. As to 8. A. jog B. trade C. walk D. communicate 9. A. company B. time C. stay D. holiday 10. A. corrected B. described C. appreciated D. blamed 11. A. attractive B. convincing C. serious D. casual 12. A. Offer B. Lack C. Mind D. Prepare 13. A. me B. her C. yourself D. it 14. A. chances B. feelings C. moments D. presents 15. A. true B. appropriate C. reasonable D. possible
16. A. 17. A. 18. A. 19. A. 20. A.
puzzled observing watched basically smoothly
B. astonished B. expecting
B. recognized B. apparently
C. desperate C. approaching C. attended to C. gradually
D. upset D. evaluating D. brought back D. suddenly D. gently
7. She is the graduate of Harvard University , 1. (star) in the film of The
Professional . She also acted the combination of white swan and black swan . She is Natalie Portman , 2. (good) actress for the Academy Award ever.
More than 20 years ago , she played the role of Mathilde in the film The Professional . Since then , she 3. (acknowledge) as a star with skilled performance . For many people , young Natalie 4. (easy) achieved this role for her 5. (unique); however , things didn't seem like that. In 1999 6. she had already filmed in Star War , Heat , etc . and costarred with many film stars such as Al Paciso , Woody Allen , she entered Harvard at the age of 18 . Besides , she even hid her name and refused all the commercial activities 7. (ensure) her study in Harvard . She once said , “ I like being with the talents; my roommates all have extraordinary experiences 8. different fields.
Natalie Portman was Jewish and she began the dancing when she was 4 years old and kept 9. (train) since then , which won her far-reaching advantages in the film Black Swan . She is 10. advocate for animal rights . Meanwhile Portman has also supported antipoverty activities . For this she is called Audrey Hepburn the second.
8. 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中 共有 10 处错误，每句中最多有两处，错误仅涉及一个单词的增加，删除或修改。
增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号（∧），并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（＼）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。
2.只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。
________ My English was very poor before I entered senior high school. I didn't like English at all . I couldn't understand that the teacher was talking about , and I felt it so difficult remember so many long English words . But everything has changed since I come to study here . My English teacher is a humorous young man , he has a way to make his class lively and interesting , so gradually I became interesting in English . He is also pretty patient. Every time I have a question to ask , no matter how easy it may sounds to other students, he will explain it for me and try every means to make me understand it. Most important, with the help of my English teacher, I have mastered several way of remembering English words . Thanks to my English teacher, I have made a great progress in English learning.
9. 假如你是李华，今天被诊断出得了一种重病，需要住院治疗相当长一段时间。请你对 比生病前后你对学校学习生活的感受，写一篇文章。
注意：1.词数 100 左右。 2.可适当增加细节，使文章层次分明，行文连贯，
参考词汇：被诊断有……病 be diagnosed with
第 1 题【答案】
第 2 题【答案】
第 3 题【答案】 第 4 题【答案】
第 5 题【答案】
第 6 题【答案】
第 7 题【答案】
第 8 题【答案】 第 9 题【答案】
copyright ©right 2010-2020。