My New Teachers
be nervous about 对…紧张，担忧 be nervous of 害怕…
I'm nervous of (being in) large crowds. She was so nervous about her exams that she couldn't sleep.
be patient with sb/sth 对…有耐心 patience n.耐心 patient n. 病人
She's very patient with young children.
be serious about sb/sth/doing sth 对…认真
Is she serious about giving up her job?
be strict in/on/about sth 对某事严格 be strict with sb 对某人严格
This company is very strict about punctuality. The Browns are very strict with their children.
I have an amusing piece of news you may not have heard of.
He told several amusing jokes after dinner.
energetic adj. energy n. 他是个精力充沛的网球手。
He is an energetic tennis player.
他精力充沛。 He has much energy. He is full of energy.
Can you tell the deferences among
lively, living, live, alive
含义 活泼、 lively 生动的 活着的， living 有生命的 活的， live 实况直播的 alive 活着的
功能 表语、 定语 表语、 前置定语 前置定语 表语、 宾补、 后置定语
人或物 物 人或物
1. lively “活泼的，生动的”，
可用作表语、定语，修饰人或物。 a lively child 活泼的孩子 a lively description 生动的描述 make our classes lively 使课堂生动
2. living “有生命的，活着的”
a living plant The living will go on with the work of the dead. We must improve the living conditions of the people. living n. 生存 make a/one’s living earn a/one’s living
3. live “活生生的；现场直播的，实
a live tiger 一只活老虎 a live show/broadcast/TV program a live show or a recorded show
① The fish is still alive/living. ② Keep him alive, please. ③ He is the only man alive in the
改错: Are there any alive things on the living moon? 完成句子: 1)多么生动的演讲呀。 lively What a _____ lecture! 2)那是现场直播，不是事先录好的音。 It was a ______ broadcast, not a live recording.
The enemy captain was caught _____. A. living B. live C. alive D. lively. There will be a ____ TV broadcast of this conference this evening. A. alive B. lively C. living D. live
1. Which teachers do students like a lot? 2. Who is a very good teacher but serious and strict ? 3. Which teacher is amusing and tells jokes when the students are bored?
Decide True or false: 1. Mr. Wu teaches maths. ( F) 2. Mrs. Li is an English teacher. ( T) 3. All of the students like Mrs. Chen. ( F) 4. Some of the students are afraid of Mrs. Chen. ( T) 5. Mrs. Chen teaches chemistry. ( F)
My first impression of Mrs. Li was that she was _______ and _____. But now, nervous shy after two weeks the class really likes ____________ working with her. kind patient She is _____and_______ and explains _______ English grammar so clearly that I can understand it. She ______ making avoids __________ you feel stupid. I feel I’m going to make progress with her. ____________
Mrs. Chen is very strict and serious ____ ______ and doesn't smile much. But her teaching is so well _________ and organized appreciate clear. So most of us really _________ her. I think I’ll ______ in the exam do well with Mrs. Chen teaching me.
Mr. Wu, who teaches us ________ Chinese _________ is a ____________ man. He is literature good-looking really amusing and __________ when we tells jokes are getting ______. So we won’t _____ fall bored asleep ______ in his class and he is already very _______ with us. popular I like the three of them.
1. They say that first impressions are very important. They say = It is said = Sb is said to do 据说 据说他又写了一本新书。 They say that he has written a new book. It is said that he has …… He is said to have written a ….
2.My first impression of Mrs. Li was that she was nervous and shy.
one’s first impression of sb./sth. 对…的第一印象
My first impression of Ben Laden was that he was very handsome.
leave/make/have a +adj.+ impression on sb. 给某人留下…的印象
The thief left him a very deep impression.
be impressed with/by/at sth 对…有印象 I’m impressed with his sense of humour. They were very impressed by his new house. impress sb with sth 给某人留下…的印象 China impressed this foreigner with the high speed of development.
3. I think perhaps she was, as it was … 省略句：I think perhaps she was nervous and shy, as it was……
Because 强调原因或理由，回答why的提问 Since, Now that, As 既然 （表示已为人知的 原因，强调关系上的自然结果） For 引导的从句常放在句子后面，表直接的、 随便的附加说明的理由或推断的理由。
4. the class really likes working with her. love 热爱 指引起深厚的、强烈的感情的爱 I love my people, I love my country. be fond of 喜欢 热爱 表示对某人或某事有 感情，语气要次于“love” The child is fond of sweet food. like 喜欢 不反感 Do you like reading? enjoy 欣赏 喜欢 具有“满足感” +doing I enjoy Russian folk songs.
5. She avoids making you feel stupid. 后跟v-ing形式作宾语的动词有： admit, keep, consider, suggest, finish, delay, imagine, avoid, mind, put off, enjoy, require, practise, can’t help, give up, can’t stand 6. I’ve always hated making mistakes… 后面既可跟to do 又可跟v-ing的动词有： love, like, hate, prefer, begin, continue, stop, forget, remember, can’t afford, intend, plan, neglect
7. Mrs. Li just smiles, so that you don’t feel completely stupid. (1) so that, so ….that…引导结果状语从 句 “因此”
?He spoke fast, so that I didn't catch him. ?He spoke so fast that I didn't catch him.
so that = in order that 引导目的状语
so as to / in order to 为了 1)He got up early so that/ in order that he could catch the first bus. 2) He got up early in order to catch the first bus. so … that such …that
so + adj. + a/an + 可数名词单数+ that such + a/an +adj. + 可数名词单数+ that
1) He is such a good student that we all like him. 2) He is so good a student that we all like him. 3) She made such rapid progress that … 当名词前有many, much, few, little(少） 时, 不用such, 而用so. 3.I ate so much food that I was sick. 4.They were such little boxes that he could carry six once.
So loudly did he speak that everyone could hear him clearly.
8. ……but for me it’s wonderful! wonderful = amazing/brilliant make progress in (doing) sth 取得进步
常用修饰词: fast, rapid, great, a lot of
9. We don’t dare to say a word unless she asks us to. 1) He dare not go home alone at night. 2) He doesn’t dare to go home alone at night.
dare 实义动词，常用于否定句、疑问句 中 dare to do sth 情态动词，多用于现在时。过去式 dared，现在分词daring 混合结构（实义动词后面省略to）
He doesn’t dare to
go out alone.
I dare say…我想，在我看来，恐怕，大概 How dare you do sth? 你怎么敢……？ Don’t dare do sth! / You dare! 你敢！
10. There are a few students in our class who keep coming to class late. who keep coming = keeping coming There are lots of people who are waiting outside. → There are lots of people waiting outside.
11. admit 承认 admit sth admit doing sth admit having done 承认干过某事 admit that be admitted to/into… 被…录取 He admitted having stolen the car. I admit my mistake/that I was wrong.
12. As a result my work is improving. as a result 因此 1)He studies very hard, and as a result, he makes great progress. as a result of = because of 由于… 2)He has made great progress as a result of hard working. 3) 由于天气恶劣我迟到了。 I was late as a result of bad weather.
13. Mr. Wu’s only been teaching us for two weeks.
have / has been doing 现在完成进行时 He’s been watching television all day. The ground is wet. It has been raining. 现在完成进行时表示过去开始而且现 在仍在进行着的情况，或者刚刚停止、 现在看到的结果。
一种继续的、延长的活动；现在完成时则更看重 动作的完成和目前产生的结果。 I’ve been reading your book. I’ve read your book.
示动作仍在进行。现在完成时表示动作已结束。 The students have been preparing for the exam. 学生们一直在准备考试。（还在进行） The students have prepared for the exam. 学生们为考试作了准备。（已经结束）
3. Work, live, teach, study等词用两种时态都
可以，意思差别不大。 He’s been living here for ten years. He has lived here for ten years.
；谈论持续较长时间或永久的情况时，常用现在 完成时。 That man has been standing on the corner all day. For 900 years the castle has stood on the hill above the village.
14. He loves it, in fact. in fact = as a matter of fact 实际上 1) As a matter of fact, I don’t know the truth. 2) He doesn’t mind. In fact he’s pleased. 15. He tells jokes when he thinks we’re getting bored. 1) That’s just a joke. 2) It’s no joke. 不是闹着玩的。 play a joke on sb 戏弄… 开玩笑… 3) Don’t play a joke on the disabled. tell a joke / story / lie
16.respect v.&n. 尊重, 尊敬 (复)问候
respect sb for sth 因某事而尊重某人 win/earn/gain the respect of sb 赢得…的尊敬 show/have respect for sb 对…..表示尊敬 give/send one’s respects (to sb) 致意，问候
我们应该尊敬老人。 We should show/have respect for the old. 她向我的父母问候。 She sent her respects to my parents.
1.They started out early ____ they might get there in time. A. so that B. such that C. so as to D. in order to 2.—It’s unfair, sir! —How ___ speak to me like that? A. you are B. dare you C. do you dare D. are you dare to
3.The woman is both kind ______ her students and strict _____ them. A. to, to B. with, with C. to, with D. with, to 4.It is ___ that I have to stay at home all day. A. so bad a day B. such bad a day C. so badly a day D. such a badly day
5.John shut everybody out of the kitchen ____ he could prepare his grand surprise for the party. (02) A. which B. when C. so that D. as if 6.The man will have to wait all day____ the doctor works fast. (01) A. if B. unless C. whether D. that 7.I don’t know the restaurant, but it’s ____ to be quite a good one. (94) A. told B. said C. spoken D. talked
8.-Hi, Tracy, you look tired. -I’m tired. I ___ the living-room all day.(98) A. painted. B. had painted C. have been painting D. have painted 9.This term, Liu Ming has made __that he has been praised by the teacher several times. A. such many progress B. so many progress C. such much progress D. so much progress
10.Can you believe that in ___ a rich country there should be ___ many poor people? (95) A. such, such B. such, so C. so, so D. so, such 11. Robert is said ___ abroad, but I don’t know what country he studied in. (99) A. to have studied B. to study C. to be studying D. to have been studying
12. I hate ___ when people talk with their mouth full. (98) A. it B. that C. these D. them 13. I like ___ in the autumn when the weather is clear and bright. (04) A. this B. that C. it D. one
enjoy/ hate/like/love 后接形式宾语it+从句
14. ___ two exams to worry about, I have to work really hard this weekend. A. With B. Besides C. As for D. Because (04)
15. Sarah, hurry up, I’m afraid you can’t have time to ___ before the party. A. get changed B. get change C. get changing D. get to change
Fill in the blanks. 1. He is an energetic (精力充沛的)boy; ________ he enjoys sports. 2. Our teacher is _____ (严格的), so we strict have to do what he says. 3. What were your first __________ (印 impression 象) of London? 4. Give a summary (总结) of today’s ________ lesson. 5. Make a _________ (翻译) into French, translation please!
atient 6. I known your leg hurts, just be p_____ until the doctor arrives. 7. We a_________ your efforts for the ppreciate development of the company. ntelligent 8. I________ means clever or bright . 9. As soon as I got their letter, I wrote mmediately back i__________. espect 10. Students should show r______ for their teachers. 11. She really enjoys reading Chinese literature _________ (文学).
My first impression of our school was that it was large and beautiful.
There will be a live broadcast of a football match tomorrow morning.
Doctor Bethune was very patient with all his patients.
Mr. Wang was very strict with us at the beginning of the semester.
They say/ It is said that a new teacher will teach us next year.
6. 作为今天的家庭作业，我们要写一 篇关于学校的作文。
For our homework today, we have to write a composition of our school.
I hate making mistakes or pronouncing a word incorrectly when I speak English. 8. 由校长教我们，我想我会取得进步的。 I feel I’m going to make progress with the headmaster teaching us.
9. 吴老师的课是非常的有组织，所以我 们都非常尊敬他。
Mr. Wu’s teaching is so well organised that we all respect him a lot.
He keeps on asking the same question.
The film Harry Porter is so interesting that all the children like it. Xiao Ming is such an honest boy that everybody believes in him.
The doctor is very patient with his patients.
Liu Xiang ran fast, so that he got a gold medal.
Liu Xiang ran fast so that he could get a gold medal.
This pair of shoes is a bit too big for me.
We greatly appreciate your timely help.
I was late as a result of bad weather.
He got out of the forest with the guide leading the way.
① Recite the passage. ② Write a passage about one of your teachers.
③ Do exercises on page 73-76.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。