Module 1 Unit 1 Friendship (Warming up, Pre-reading& Reading)
学习目标： 1.了解 Anne 选择日记 Kitty 作为好朋友的特定历史背景及利用阅读材料理解并掌 握本单元重点单词及短语的含义和用法。 2.提高学生阅读能力，帮助学生利用快速阅读技巧（略读、查读）寻找相关信息。 3.鼓励学生在校多交真心朋友，珍惜友谊。 学法指导：1.学生阅读非日记部分的内容，了解这篇文章的写作背景-完成预习案； 2. 快速浏览安妮的日记，总结出文章的大意，-完成探究案中的第一部分。 3. 细读文章内容，抓住文章中的关键信息-完成探究案中的第二部分。 4. 深化学生对文章的理解，通过小组讨论解决探究案中的讨论部分。 5. 听录音，再读文章，学生个人完成，然后小组合作讨论解决当堂检测部分。
I. (Background information) Read the following passage and answer the questions. Anne Frank was born on June 12, 1929 in Frankfurt, Germany. At that time the Jewish community formed an important part of the city’s economic and cultural success. Her father, Otto Frank, was a respected businessman whose family had lived in the city for many generations. Anne was well taken good care of when she was young. However, the family moved to Holland, whose people welcomed them after Hitler and the Nazi Party rose to power in 1934. The Nazi Party ruled Germany from 1933 to 1945. One of their key policies was to kill all the Jews in Europe. When Jews were found, they were sent to concentration camps(集中营) to be killed. To avoid this terrible fate, some Jewish families went to hiding, often with the help of non-Jewish friends. Anne was forced to leave her school because of the German invasion. It was in July 1942 that Otto Frank made plans to hide his family in the “attic”, which is used to store seldom-used things. 1). Questions: (1). What did Anne’s father do?
(2). Why did Anne’s family move to Holland?
2). Multiple choices
Who helped Jewish families go into hiding? A. Nazis B. Jewish friends C. People who were not Jewish D. Germans
II. 长难句翻译(注意句子中斜体部分的用法)。 1.I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature .
2.It’s no pleasure looking through these any longer because nature is one thing that really must be experienced.
3. I can well remember that there was a time when a deep blue sky, the song of the birds, moonlight and flowers could never have kept me spellbound.
4. The dark, rainy evening, the wind, the thundering clouds held me entirely in their power; it was the first time in a year and a half that I’d seen the night face to face Ⅲ. 我的疑惑
I. Skimming 1.The story mainly tells us that .
A. Anne’s best friend was a girl called Kitty B. Anne’s set down what had happened in her diary C. Anne kept diaries in her hiding place and she treated her diary as her best friend D. Anne admired nature very much and often stayed up late to watch the moon through the windows
2. Read the passage and choose A or B to make the following sentences complete. 1) Anne chose her diary as her best friends because___ 2) Anne’s family had to hide because___ A. they were Jewish who could be caught by the Nazis at that time. B. she could tell everything to it II. Careful Reading Choose the best answer according to the diary. 1. Anne was crazy about everything with nature because A. she loved nature but she couldn’t see it face to face B. the thunders always frightened her so much C. the moonlight and the flowers had attracted her much D. she often looked at nature through the curtains 2. In Anne’s eyes, a best friend is someone A. who would not laugh at you B. who understands what you have gone through C. whom you could tell everything to D. who can help you when you are in trouble 3. Anne thought it no pleasure looking at nature through the curtains because A. the curtains were dirty and made her feel unpleasant B. the curtains stopped her from seeing nature clearly C. what she could see through the curtains was limited D. nature was really something that must be experienced 4. From the passage we can infer that Anne . . . .
A. kept her diary to set down what had happened B. Anne was longing for a normal life and she especially missed going outside and enjoying nature C. had the dream to publish her diaries D. couldn’t understand how nature worked ﹡III．Discussion. 1. How did Anne feel about nature before she and her family hid away?
2. Why did Anne no longer just like looking at nature out of the window?
3. Why do you think her feelings changed towards nature?
Comprehension -retell the text by filling in the blanks. Anne Frank wanted a ______ whom she could tell everything to. She found such a friend. Her name was ______. And that was her diary. Being Jewish Anne’s family _____ away to avoid being caught by the German _____. During that time Anne wrote a lot of _______. In one of her diaries she _____us her feelings about nature. She wondered ___ it was because she hadn’t been able to be ________ for so long that she’d grown so ______ about everything to do with _______. She was terrified seeing the night _____ to ______. She was only able to look at nature ________ dirty curtains.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。