外研版 高一年级 (必修2) Module 2
根据《中华人民共和国刑法》第357条规定， 毒品是指鸦片、海洛因、甲基苯丙胺（冰毒）、 吗啡、大麻、可卡因以及国家规定管制的其他能 够使人形成瘾癖的麻醉药品和精神药品。《麻醉 药品及精神药品品种目录》中列明了121种麻醉 药品和130种精神药品。毒品通常分为麻醉药品 和精神药品两大类。其中最常见的主要是麻醉药 品类中的大麻类、鸦片类和可卡因类。
? 毒品犯罪是指涉及毒品的犯罪，我国刑法规定， 走私、贩卖、运输、制造、非法持有毒品均为 犯罪行为。毒品犯罪主要包括走私、贩卖、运 输、制造毒品罪、非法持有毒品罪、包庇毒品 犯罪分子罪、窝藏、转移、隐瞒毒品、毒赃罪、 走私制毒物品罪、非法买卖制毒物品罪、非法 种植毒品原植物罪、非法买卖、运输、携带、 持有毒品原植物种子、幼苗罪、引诱、教唆、 欺骗他人吸毒罪、强迫他人吸毒罪、容留他人 吸毒罪、非法提供麻醉药品、精神药品罪。走 私、贩卖、运输、制造毒品，无论数量多少， 都应当追究刑事责任，予以刑事处罚。
opium poppy （罂粟）
They can be made into different drugs.
Drug made from poppy seeds ,used to relieve(减轻) pain or to help sleep
Drug made from opium, used for relieving pain
Drug made from morphine, used to cause sleep or relieve pain, or used by addicts
A drug addict died because he injected too much cocaine.
19 years old
a drug addict
Read the opening paragraphs of two different articles and decide what the topic of each article is. Choose the topic from this list.
A Drug Addict and His Story
Article 1 Dangerous Activities of Teenagers.
The Dangers of Using Cocaine. Article 2
Finding out the correct paragraphs:
A: A Drug Addict and His Story
P: 2 3 5 6
B: The Dangers of Using Cocaine
P: 1 4
1. How old was Adam Rouse when he started using drugs? 15 years old. 2. Which drug did he use first?
3. What was the second drug that the man offered? Crack cocaine. 4. How did Adam pay for the drugs? He broke into a house and stole things. 5. Where does Adam work now? In a centre for drug addicts.
1. Cocaine can be smoked and also injected. T 2. People who inject cocaine are in more danger if they share needles. T 3. Cocaine makes your heart go more slowly. F 4. Smoking crack cocaine can change people’s behavior. T
Detailed understanding Read the text carefully and choose the best answers. 1. Which of the drug users are in more danger? A.Those who smoke cocaine. B. Those who inject cocaine. C. Those who smoke and inject cocaine. D. Those who share needles with other users.
2. The following are bad results of using
cocaine EXCEPT _____.
A.heart attacks B. high blood pressure C. anti-social behavior D. terrible pain in brain
3. Which of the following is NOT true according to the text? A. Cocaine can only be injected by users. B. Cocaine is a drug that is powerfully addictive. C. The most addictive form of cocaine is crack cocaine. D. Some cocaine users may suffer from health problems.
1. Read parts 1-6 and decide which article they belong to. 【考点】 belong to意为“属于”, 一般不 用于进行时及被动语态。 【考例】 Professor Williams keeps telling his students that the future _____ to the well-educated. （重庆2009） A.belongs B. is belonged C. is belonging D. will be belonged
【点拨】 选A。belong to意为“属 于”，不能用于被动语态，故排除
2. I’m 19 years old and I used to be a drug addict. 我今年19岁, 曾经是一名毒品瘾君子。 used to do过去常常做某事(现在已经 结束了) be used to do被用来做某事 be\ get \ become used to doing \ sth. 习惯于(做)某事
牛刀小试: 1) When I was a little child, I used
_______ (sleep) with my cat. to sleep 2) Wood is often used to _____ (make) make into paper.
3) The child ______ with a pencil,
and now he is ____ with a pen.
A. used to writing; used to write.
B. used to write; used writing
C. used to write; used to writing
D. used writing; used to writing
3. I broke into a house and stole a television and video recorder. break into vt. break in vi. When he returned home, only to find his house ___ and many things ___. A. broken in, stolen B. broken into, stolen
4. By the time, I was addicted to crack
cocaine. If I didn’t have any drugs, I
was in terrible pain.
be addicted to 对某事物有瘾
▲ pain—painful---painless painkiller
She was in great pain.
I have pains all over. 我浑身都疼。 I have a pain in my back. 我背疼。 He spares no pains to bring up the child. 不遗余力 She took great pains to keep /in keeping her house clean.
in (great pain) 之精彩扩展
需要 处于麻烦 处于困难 处于危险 吃惊地 陷入思考 愤怒地 in need (of) in trouble in difficulty in danger in surprise in thought in anger
5. The next day, a doctor came to see me.
He told me that I could die if I didn’t
stop taking crack cocaine, so I took his advice and stopped immediately. the next day 第二天 stop doing 停止做某事 take /follow/accept/ my advice 采纳建议 ask (sb.) for advice 征询建议
give sb. advice
advise sb. to do sth 建议某人做某事 advise +that sb. (should) do… 建议…… (后接从句用虚拟语气)
Let’s learn some useful
words of Module 2.
II. 根据括号内所给汉语提示完成下列句 子，每空一词。 1. Have you studied any courses ________ ______________ (与……有关) related to / connected with the job you are applying for? became addicted to playing 2. My mother _____ _____ _____ ______ golf (变得对打高尔夫球很迷恋). ___ 3. At the age of 23, he did not follow / take / accept ___ father’s ______ _________________ his ______ advice (听从父亲的劝告) and became a lawyer instead.
4. Don’t touch anything belonging__ (属于) ________ to someone else unless you are allowed to. 5. One child said to another, “I’ll _____ my______ with you (和你分享我的 share __ apple ____ ___ 苹果), if you give me half of your cake.” 6. The prices of all the goods in this shop are reduced __ ___ ________ by (降低) 10%, so the more you buy, the more you save. to ___ for 7. I will use this sum of money __ pay ___ (支 付) my tuition fees (学费). 8. I cried in pain (痛苦地) as the knife cut __ ____ the surface layer of my skin.
Is it right for the senior high students to pick up smoking?
Thanks for joining us!
copyright ©right 2010-2020。