Teaching plan for Module 1 Book3 ------------Zhao Min Good afternoon, everyone, It’s my great pleasure to be here sharing my lesson with you. The content of my lesson is Senior English for China Book3 Unit 1--Great European Cities. I’ll be ready to begin this lesson from five parts. Analysis of the teaching material, the teaching methods, the studying methods, the teaching procedure, and blackboard design. First, let me talk about the teaching material. Part 1 Teaching Material: This unit is about Europe. By studying of this unit, we’ll enable the students to describe the city he knows. At the same time ,Let the students realize the economic development of Europe,ask them to study hard and contribute our country. This lesson plays an important part in the English teaching in this unit. From this lesson, it starts introducing four European cities Paris, Barcelona, Florence,and Athens . Therefore, this lesson is in the important position of the teaching material. If the Ss can learn it well, it will be helpful to make the Ss learn the rest of this unit.As we all know ,reading belongs to the input during the process of the language learning. The input has great effect on output , such as speaking and writing . According to the new standard curriculum and the syllabus , after studying the teaching material and analyzing the rule of children’s growing of mind,I think the teaching aims are the followings: 1. Knowledge objects: a) The Ss can hear, read, and use the main sentence patterns b) The Ss can understand the content of the lesson. c) The Ss can use the patterns to express their thoughts in the proper situation.
2. Ability objects: (1) To develop the Ss’ abilities of listening, speaking, reading and writing. (2) To train the Ss’ ability of working in pairs. (3) To Improve the student’s reading ability, especially their skimming and scanning ability. 3. Emotion or moral objects: a) By completing the task, the Ss increase their interest in Europe and set up enthusiasm in study; b) Teach the Ss how to describe “location”, put the moral education in the language study. now, let’s come to the Important points and the Difficult points. Based on the requirement of the syllabus. We have two important points: (1)Encourage the Ss to sum up grammatical rules. (2)Help the Ss to improve their speaking ability. The difficult points:This section provides an opportunity for Ss to learn some vocabulary about countries. Meanwhile, they can know more about European countries. According to the analysis of the teaching material and the students’ learning background ,I will use the following methods . Part 2 Teaching Methods: As is known to us all, a good teaching method requires that the teacher should help Ss develop good sense of the English language. For achieving these teaching aims, I
will use the following methods according to the modern social communication teaching theories. Communicative Approach Whole Language Teaching Task-based Language Teaching Part 3 Studying Methods: Our students are almost from the countryside. They are lack of geography knowledge and the cultural background of those foreign countries. As senior students ,they have a certain ability to read . And the beautiful places are most attractive and easily arouse students learning emotion. As for the learning methods, they are poor in cooperative learning skills. Some students are not active in the class ,and some students don’t like English. Therefore , I ’ll have Ss study in a relaxed atmosphere. Ss understand the new knowledge in certain degree through the mental process of seeing, hearing, saying, observing, thinking etc. And make preparation for completing the new study task. After feeling and understanding the language points, let Ss get the knowledge actively by probe study and cooperative study. In a word, we’ll 1.Teach the Ss how to be successful language learners. 2.Let the Ss pass "Observation—Imitation—Practice " to study language. 3.Teach the Ss how to master dialogues and how to communicate with others. Part 4 Teaching Procedure:
Step 1. Revision Show the whole map of Europe, let Ss point out these countries’ position such as France,
Spain, Italy, Greece…
Purpose of my design: To get to know something about Europe . Arouse the students interest in study,
Step 2. Leading-in 1. Let Ss discuss the landmarks of each city, which they point out in the previous step and call back the answers. 2. Let Ss match up the photos with the descriptions in Activity 1 on page 2. Purpose of my design: For this part, I’ll divide the whole class into four groups.And ask them to discuss in order to increase their cooperation.I think If the Ss can finish this task well, they will benefit a lot in their spoken English. Most Ss can take their parts in the activities, especially for the Ss who have trouble in English study. Step 3. Reading 1. Fast reading Ask Ss to read the passage quickly and answer the question: Which countries do the four cities mentioned in the passage belong to? Suggested Answer: Paris belongs to France. Barcelona belongs to Spain. Florence belongs to Italy. Athens belongs to Greece.
Purpose of my design: Enable students to understand the given material better using different reading skills.
2. Intensive reading (1) Ask Ss to read the passage carefully and finish Activity 2 on page 3. (2) Read the passage carefully and finish Activity 4.
Purpose of my design:The students will have a better understanding of this passage.
Step 3. Language Points Ask Ss to discuss the important and difficult language points in groups.
1. Paris is the capital and the largest city of France situated on the River Seine. One of the world’s largest art galleries, the Louvre is also located in Paris. (1) be situated in /on/ from… 如：My bedroom was situated on the top floor of the house. (2) be located in /on/ from… 如：The offices are located just a few minutes from the main station. 2. The city is also famous for it’s restaurant café’s and theatres. be famous for/as = be known for/as 因为……而闻名，作为……而闻名。如： Lu Xun is famous for his works / as a great writer. 3.Barcelona is the second largest city of Spain… 巴塞罗那是西班牙第二大城市。 the second largest city 第二大城市 “第几大（小、长、短）”等的表达为：the +序数词+形容词最高级。如： He is the second tallest student in our class. 4.Gaudi worked on the project from 1882 until his death in 1926.高迪从 1882 年起从事这项工程 直至 1926 年去世。 work on 不断工作，从事某工作。如： He is working on a new novel. ※【拓展】 其他关于 work 的短语： work hard at 努力学习/工作 work out 算出，制定出 work to sth 根据……行事 work towards sth 努力达到，没法达成 work up to do 逐步发展到/逐步达到 5. During the Renaissance, some of the greatest painters of all time lived and work in Florence.在 文艺复兴时期，历史上一些最伟大的画家在佛罗伦萨生活和工作。 of all time 有史以来 关于 time 的短语还有： at any time at no time 在任何时候 决不，在任何时候都不
between times gain/ lose time
6. Their work has influenced other writers ever since.他们的作品影响了后世的作家。 (1) influence vt 对……有影响。如：
My teacher influenced my decision to study science. ※【拓展】 to have influence on / upon sth / sb 对某人或某事产生影响。如： His words had a strong influence on his daughter. (2) ever since (…) 从那时起；从……以后。如： ① I was bitten by a dog once and I’ve been afraid of them ever since. ② He’s had a car ever since he was 18.
Purpose of my design:I’ll use PPT to present the important sentences.And teach students the usage of these words or phrases so that they can use them neatly in the exams.
4. Post-reading Ask Ss to answer questions in Activity 3. And Sum up the passage in Ss’ own words according to the answers.
Purpose of my design: I think it is so important that the Ss should speak English as much as they can in class or after class.I’ll use the way to test if students can read the new language points .
Step 5. Homework 1. Ask Ss to finish Reading exercise in the workbook on P69～70. 2. Ask Ss to write a summary for the text.
Purpose of my design: Homework is so important and necessary for to master the knowledge they learned after class. It will check whether the Ss achieve the teaching aims.
Step 6. Blackboard Design.
Anyway, the teaching of this lesson aims to develop not only the Ss' language technical abilities, but also the various intelligence by gathering teaching methods.
Above is the lecture
notes of my lesson. Thank you very much!
copyright ©right 2010-2020。